Air Throws, how to do them?

TRI_Gero

Hey, I was wondering if you guys have already discovered setups for his Air throws, Ive been trying in training mode but alas my combo crafting skills are not that good, so what I been able to get is just the regular air throw after :6::P::K: but even this is not 100% reliable for some reason, it seems to work sometimes and sometimes it doesnt, Thanks in advance!

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Personally, I wouldn't advise you use air-throw at all unless you are in an enclosed area and you have walls around and you're certain that your launch will be high enough for the throw. Usually, CH/HCH :8::K:/:7::K:/:3::3::P: and :426::h::+::P: are you launchers, with :426::h::+::P: being the most air-throw friendly launcher in all situations.

So far, only CH and HCH :214::P: allow you to do air-throws (as far as I know).

TRI_Gero

I see, it seems Bass doesnt need the air throws as much this time around, although they were pretty useful to me in my DoA3 experience, then again the height requirement for the airgrab in DoA3 was semi ridiculous, Btw are you sure :426::H+P: is a launcher? isn't that his OH into powerfreak multipart thing?

TRI_Gero

Oh of course silly me, you mean I should use the super launcher in his Powerfreak to get a free air throw right?

Snipeclips

The distance is pretty far, I don't think you could connect it by itself. Add his :6::K: afterwards for :426::H+P:, and the :H+P: air throw has less restriction, so you can experiment from there ;).

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
It's not hard to connect :426::h::+::P: right after the launch, but :6::K: just adds more damage and makes the throw easier to connect on all characters.

Kaiser Wiggly

The distance is pretty far, I don't think you could connect it by itself. Add his :6::K: afterwards for :426::H+P:, and the :H+P: air throw has less restriction, so you can experiment from there ;).

I recommend that as well, Gero! It's simple to use and is my go-to thing when I catch someone with the :426::H+P: throw next to a wall. So-long half of your health!

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Yeah, even on neutral, it does the best damage against the wall. On Hi-Counter, :6::K: :9::P::K::P: against the wall nets the best damage on Light and Mediums. On Heavies, you might as well just throw em. I mean, in some situations, it still does work, so you should just test and see.

GLoRToR

I'm at 41236T * 23698T * 82T right now, can't land the last part.
He either takes a step forwards flailing his arms and turning to the side, or catches the foe when it has falled out of the sky instead of jumping up.
How do I land this last part (82T) right?

Snipeclips

I'm at 41236T * 23698T * 82T right now, can't land the last part.
He either takes a step forwards flailing his arms and turning to the side, or catches the foe when it has falled out of the sky instead of jumping up.
How do I land this last part (82T) right?
Just as soon as you see Bass toss his foe in the air, you should do the :8::2::H+P:. But for any other purposes besides for command training I wouldn't recommend performing the last part.

TRI_Gero

How do you guys land a fully charged :426::H+P: for the launcher? I usually try to do it after a ground pickup but most times the opponent gets smart and sees through this, any advice?

Kaiser Wiggly

A way that usually works for me is doing it after :1::P:. With only one follow up to that move most people I've fought against will subconsciously chance a hold. Then the same most people will eat a hi-counter :426::H+P:.

Another one that works often enough (though keep in mind, my only experiences are online, so the skill-level of people I've fought against wildly fluxuates, meaning my advice is probably a tad awful) is to do it after a successful :3::3::P::P:. The majority of folks will tech upon hitting the ground, so if you start charging up :426::H+P: as soon as possible, you'll grab them before they think to react.

Hope these help!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD