DOA5LR Akira for a beginner

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I understand the basics of frame data like for example, :6::P+K: is 13 frames of startup, and on block it gives you +16 advantage. So that means :6::6::P: will guarantee since it's 12 frames, while :236::P: won't because it's 17frames of startup. :4::P+K: should also work too since it's exactly16frames. But the mains issue is that sometimes I don't understand what the poster means with certain number values.

I should also upload some of my videos using Akira for some critique as well.
check my post on the front page. it covers all that stuff. I'll explain more later as to why 4P+K doesn't connect when you're +16.

check my post on the front page. it covers all that stuff. I'll explain more later as to why 4P+K doesn't connect when you're +16.

Already went through it multiple times and I'm still trying to figure out what the values mean, nevermind how they work.These examples where taken directly from your post:

:3::H+K: - 15/3/26 +14/-6
Okay, so 15 is the start up and -6 is on block. But what does the two middle values mean (3/26 +14/)?

:6::P+K: – 13/2/13 +9
13 is the startup, but where's the block value, and how come this only has 3 different values while the example above has four? Again, I still don't understand what the last to values indicate.

Last edited:
Just found this by sheer flukes http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/frame-data-explained.5412/ which answers some of my questions. When you said front page, I thought you were referring to the main page of the Akira character section and not the site itself. I have the URL shortcut which automatically takes me to the character section of DOA5 and goes past the front page for convenience purposes. Thanks for the detailed guild, now I can probably understand the other frame date guild you have.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Already went through it multiple times and I'm still trying to figure out what the values mean, nevermind how they work.These examples where taken directly from your post:

:3::H+K: - 15/3/26 +14/-6
Okay, so 15 is the start up and -6 is on block. But what does the two middle values mean (3/26 +14/)?

:6::P+K: – 13/2/13 +9
13 is the startup, but where's the block value, and how come this only has 3 different values while the example above has four? Again, I still don't understand what the last to values indicate.
On the initiating moves, I put your advantage on hit first and advantage on block last. So for this: :3::H+K: - 15/3/26 +14/-6. If you hit, you're +14 on the fastest stagger. If they block, you're at -6.

On the initiating moves, I put your advantage on hit first and advantage on block last. So for this: :3::H+K: - 15/3/26 +14/-6. If you hit, you're +14 on the fastest stagger. If they block, you're at -6.
I see now. According to your guild on the main page, the /3/ means the active frames. Are they at the end of the 15 frame startup or after the 15 frames? So going by what you wrote, :6::6::6::P:– 14/2/23 at 14 frames startup I should be able to land a guarantee launch for a guarantee juggle after :6::P+K: guard break which grants be +16 of advantage. But no matter what, I can't get it to connect, am I doing this wrong? Also for the sake of confusion, lets say I buffered in :6::6:on guard to do Akira's :6::6::P:(12frames). Does the 12 frame startup also include Akira's dash animation just before he elbows, or just the elbow strike?

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I see now. According to your guild on the main page, the /3/ means the active frames. Are they at the end of the 15 frame startup or after the 15 frames? So going by what you wrote, :6::6::6::P:– 14/2/23 at 14 frames startup I should be able to land a guarantee launch for a guarantee juggle after :6::P+K: guard break which grants be +16 of advantage. But no matter what, I can't get it to connect, am I doing this wrong? Also for the sake of confusion, lets say I buffered in :6::6:on guard to do Akira's :6::6::P:(12frames). Does the 12 frame startup also include Akira's dash animation just before he elbows, or just the elbow strike?
:6::6::6::P: after :6::P+K: will connect; however, it will just knock them down. The launch property behind :6::6::6::P: is only activated when they are in the stun game.

Your 12 frames of start up only happen when you execute the move. If you're dashing in with :6::6:, then that animation needs to finish first before :6::6::P: will begin.

Buffering in inputs while in recovery is to help you land the final input of the next move as close to the first eligible frame as possible.

I finally got around uploading a video for critique. Let me know what you all think. WARNING: Some of the stuff I did might make you cringe.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Are you guys on pad by any chance? (I would definitely assume so because of the limitations with sticks for PS4 at the moment)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Ahh.

Well this one was shared by the TN twitter page. (I am curious to know who was the individual that sent it since I wanted the exhibition to be sent instead of this one.)

The pad is alright but I am limited on certain functions. It's one of the controllers where I have to push a direction hard just to get a certain notion down.

3,6, and 7 inputs are my only problem.
The 3 sounds like its going to be a problem for me because I normally hold 3 just before doing Akira's combo Ender.

Ahh.

Well this one was shared by the TN twitter page. (I am curious to know who was the individual that sent it since I wanted the exhibition to be sent instead of this one.)

It was me :). Nahh just kidding, I just started with Akira, I wish.

What are Akira's high crushers? I came across opponents who always high strikes at the start of the fight, I've tried :1::P: but I still end up getting hit. Now I know I can just high counter-hold, but I want to start my stun game.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
What are Akira's high crushers? I came across opponents who always high strikes at the start of the fight, I've tried :1::P: but I still end up getting hit. Now I know I can just high counter-hold, but I want to start my stun game.

:2::P:
:3::P+K:
:3::3::P+K:
:2::K:

On timed:
:3_::5::6::P::P:
:4::6::6::P+K:
:2_::4_::6_::P:

Perhaps 1 or more, cannot remember off the top of my head since I am not at home at the moment.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD