Alpha-152 Combo Thread

Codemaster92163

Hello everyone. Now that the game is released and we can play as the translucent blob of death, I figured we might as well start up a combo thread. As soon as I unlock her, I'll test her old combos in training mode and see if I can add anything.

I know there's at least a few Alpha mains (I'm not one of them, though), so I expect this thread to get some well-deserved attention for our favorite transparent teleporter!

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Just unlocked her last night .. I'm loving her !

will try and conjure something up after I grind for the costumes .. lol

synce

I'll give it a go tonight and see if I can find anything useful... So far I've just been abusing her grabs

Lei

I have been playing her a lot as I have started to main her, she has tools just really hard to play her well. I will post a write of bnbs and things probably tomorrow.

Nightpup

Wow... just wow. She sucks. She completely sucks now. DOA5 screwed her over bigtime. All her juggles are gone. The last hit on 2H+K2K2KK whiffs twice. 8KKKK can't fully juggle. Her OH input is hard as fuck with the 360 analog AND dpad. Wall splat is gone, so she can't teleport wakeup. She's lost EVERYTHING.

synce

lol So it's not just me struggling to find stuff... Grab grab grab

That tricky OH actually becomes easier over time. I've gotten people with it after guard break and even at the start of the match, since it crushes

Lei

I have found a lot of stuff with her. She still has pretty high damaging juggles starting after launch with 3PP and KK~.
Her confirming ability from pokes is amazing with heavy stuns. Her heavy delayable strings are godlike for mixups. 2KKK is really solid. Her parry against wall is also amazing solidifying 112-ish after a successful parry against corner or with opponent towards corner. Just a bit of info. I have found a lot of solid setups and things with this character. I like her.

synce

CB on 4th hit
:6::K::K::6::P::3::K:(or :6::P+K: )

BTW her :6::6::P: CB appears completely useless

Also I think the game is glitched, because the :P: after cancelling :4::K: strings into FLOAT will never connect

Right now for juggling I'm using either :8::K::K::K::K: (high damage) or :P::P::K::K: (knock back)

I would say some of her best moves are:
:214::426::F+P: (amazing range, crushes high, high damage)
:6::K::P: (guard breaks, crushes low, sets up the OH listed above if opponent is blocking)
:7::K: (faster than her mid P lol, good priority)
:3::K: (good range, looks high but hits mid)
:3::F+K: (durr)

Nightpup

Wait, Alpha's 8KKKK is completely guaranteed? And you forgot to list :8::F+P:. That move catches damn near everything. As well as :6: :6::F+P::Link::2::F+P: .

synce

My bad, I just realized I was testing safety the wrong way. Yeah turns out they're not guaranteed :(

Flying OH is definitely good. I noticed players get caught by more easily if I do it after cancelling FLOAT

Lei

My bad, I just realized I was testing safety the wrong way. Yeah turns out they're not guaranteed :(

Flying OH is definitely good. I noticed players get caught by more easily if I do it after cancelling FLOAT

You play on xbl?

synce

Good games the other night Lei. I was digging those combos... You might've noticed I was more grabby ;)

That :2: :K::K::K: setup you were getting me with is very good. Also I went back to training and seems I completely overlooked :K::K::K::K::7::K: as a juggle option. Very powerful and works on all weights

SonicFox5000

All i do is 3BB on new players, then 236236:F:. There goes half your health LOOL

CB on 4th hit
:6::K::K::6::P::3::K:(or :6::P+K: )

BTW her :6::6::P: CB appears completely useless

Also I think the game is glitched, because the :P: after cancelling :4::K: strings into FLOAT will never connect

Right now for juggling I'm using either :8::K::K::K::K: (high damage) or :P::P::K::K: (knock back)

I would say some of her best moves are:
:214::426::F+P: (amazing range, crushes high, high damage)
:6::K::P: (guard breaks, crushes low, sets up the OH listed above if opponent is blocking)
:7::K: (faster than her mid P lol, good priority)
:3::K: (good range, looks high but hits mid)
:3::F+K: (durr)
If you juggle the person with :3::H+K:, Do :K::K: :K: :K::7::K: (or however many kicks she can do lol), it does 2 more than her :8::K::6::K:

Lei

If you juggle the person with :3::H+K:, Do :K::K: :K: :K::7::K: (or however many kicks she can do lol), it does 2 more than her :8::K::6::K:

From low 3F+K launch you do 3PPP, KKKK2K nets you higher and with floor damage does just as much damage as using 7K as ender. 7K ender for wall carry and for kill if the floor has no dangerzone. Generally though 3PPP, KK~ are your best juggle options for Heavy weights 3PPP,6PPP works consistently KK~ enders don't.

Against wall you can do 3PPP, 5PKKKK7K for max damage.

synce

Alpha tier

redbar.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD