Alpha's Moves

Soltice

Kasumi Alpha is definetly the difficult character to use in an online match..

but i cant just help myself picking her anyways to use her black costume ):

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
You know what? I'm really liking her but she's probably one of the worst characters in the game. Do you know why? Her counters don't do any damage and she doesn't have wake-up kicks and the game is so dependent on those things for winning. Her throws that do any decent amount of damage have inputs that are impossible to perform on the 3DS's d-pad.

Have you been able to figure out how to do her teleports? They're not listed in the move list in-game but the CPU has no problem teleporting from one end of the map to another. I couldn't figure out how to do the teleports in DOA4 either.

Have you been able to figure out how to do her teleports? They're not listed in the move list in-game but the CPU has no problem teleporting from one end of the map to another. I couldn't figure out how to do the teleports in DOA4 either.
The teleports are 9f and 3f high and low parries.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
No, no, no. All her counters and parries are teleports but the ones I'm referring to are when she's just standing idly and she'll teleport behind you or to the sides.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
The AI had a seperate movelist in DOA 4 then the "playable" alpha, it's likely the same situation here.

No, no, no. All her counters and parries are teleports but the ones I'm referring to are when she's just standing idly and she'll teleport behind you or to the sides.
Ah, got confused on which Alpha you were referring to, you meant 152 and for some reason I was thinking Kasumi Alpha. I'm not finding a teleport but 8p+k and 2p+k seem to be sidesteps.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
The AI had a seperate movelist in DOA 4 then the "playable" alpha, it's likely the same situation here.
That's not true. There was only one move set for Alpha in DOA4 and none of the other characters in training do moves that you can't, so I don't know why you'd assume something like that.

I think this is probably at least slightly correct. My guess is actually not that there are different movelists but that the standing teleport just doesn't have a corresponding input.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
That's not true. There was only one move set for Alpha in DOA4 and none of the other characters in training do moves that you can't, so I don't know why you'd assume something like that.

It was assumed because Alpha AI only does a few moves in comparison to the completely and hilariously broken movelist me and Ryujin were using on each other.

You're the one who broke the game though.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
A Youtube user requested that I put up a video with Kasumi Alpha's moves so I did:

It's even recorded in 1080p with my fancy new iPhone though, given the source, it's not very useful or beneficial. Unfortunately, you can only record in 1080p with it as well, haha, and that resulted in a 1.3GB file I had to upload...

synce

It seems there are only 2 decent videos of her on the internets - this one and a match vid against Tina. Is that really it?? I'm interested in seeing some combos. Also I'm curious if her parries give good advantage since they don't do damage

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD