Anyone else collect guns?

Artyom

I've been away for a while so I figured I'd take this opportunity to start my first topic with the community again. Most of you used to know me as "KirbyStyle" or Red before I just stopped playing DOA. I used to play a lot back in 4 and ultimate (DOAU) but lost interest in the game after that. Since then I just PC game after building a gaming rig and I really prefer that to console now anyways. I play a lot of WoW and other games on Steam for the most part but I do own an Xbox One. I also got into better shape, went to a police academy full time and now I work part time as a police officer so a lot of my time is dedicated to bettering my career.

Anyways, a big hobby of mine now aside from gaming would be firearms. I wanted to share some of my guns with the community and wondered if anyone else had any to share or knew anything about guns? These are all photos I took of my guns with my cell phone camera.

First off and my most recent addition to my collection is my Arsenal SLR 104 AK-74 in 5.45x39, NOT 7.62x39 which is what you find in a standard AK 47. The difference between and AK 74 and an AK 47 is the size of the round that they fire. The 5.45x39 is more comparable to the .223 that standard ARs fire. They also make AKs in .223/5.56 but those are a massive fail. If you're in the market for an AK please, don't embarrass yourself with the bullshit that is a .223 AK. This Arsenal AK 74 is the closest thing you can get to a true Russian AK legally. I've also taken the liberty to purchase and add a circle 10 Bulgarian spear tipped bayonet.

uSt8ksa.jpg

The next rifle that I have is an older FAL STG-58 parts kit on an imbel gear receiver, also known as a "Battle Rifle". You cannot get these parts anymore due to import bans. Aside from a DSArms FAL this is made from some of the best parts that you can get for an FAL. It is chambered in .308/7.62x51 which is a powerful round and it's accurate as hell. It has an adjustable gas system as well unlike most standard rifles. There is a reason this rifle is called the "Right Arm of the Free World." It was strangely my first rifle purchase. I'm contemplating wood furniture to give it a more battle worn look or just getting a skeleton para stock with quad rail for mounting optics or a light or something. Pricing options...and all that....

vr1Jvl9.jpg

This picture I'm actually the most proud of and it was taken when I re qualified with my weapons for my police job.

UcirJHj.jpg

uShir2s.jpg

Which brings me to my first handgun. This is a Browning HP single action pistol chambered in 9mm. It has an ambidextrous safety as well which is good because I typically tend to shoot left handed as I am left handed. I purchased and added walnut grips to replace the bullshit plastic grips that they give you nowadays for the Browning HP if you purchase one new. It has engraving on the top of the slide to indicate that it is the 75th anniversary edition of the weapon which makes it....really...collectible I guess? I still shoot the hell out of it anyways. Claire and Ada also use this weapon in Resident Evil 2 which is where I first learned about it and started doing my research into it. I also have a great conceal holster for it so it is very comfortable for me to carry when I go out.

DjPjHlK.jpg

a0q6BBd.jpg

Which brings me to my last handgun that I own for now which is the Beretta 92FS also known and the M9 combat pistol. Those of you who have served in the military may be familiar with this weapon. I recently purchased an 18 round magazine for this one so I can hold 18 and 1 in the chamber when I carry it for duty or just as a conceal weapon. This handgun is super accurate and I haven't had it fuck up on me once. Not once. I replaced the D spring and cap with a flat surface and purchased custom made STARS grips for it which I only put on for when I take it to the range or just for display. I use the standard black grips for regular carry. I'm really happy with how the grips came out. Contemplating a silver barrel and brigadier slide with engraving later down the road to fully convert it to a Samurai Edge like in the Resident Evil games...

4cl0WFY.jpg

Family picture:
Vqlx23r.jpg

And that is all that I have to offer...for your viewing pleasure...let's see what you guys have! I'm always interested to see what weapons other people collect.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
I am not rich enough for this hobby, unfortunately, but I do love guns. Have a personal fondness for the P226.

Sadly I don't get to shoot as much, anymore. My days have playing with FAs and 50BMGs seem to be over.

Artyom

I've thought a lot about getting a p226 eventually. I really like that style of combat handgun and I do enjoy most sig products. I had a sig scorpion 1911 carry version for a while but traded it towards that Arsenal AK after the bans went through. You're very right about it being an expensive hobby. If I had more disposable income I'd have a room just like the one in kickass with guns on all of the walls.Hell, I'd love to have my own backyard range so I could shoot them whenever. My next step is to get a spam can of 5.45x39 at the next gun show. Those hold about 1080 rounds of ammo and run about 200 bucks.

Hazard

Standard Donor
I plan on picking up a FN SCAR H (that .308 boy!) once I come to terms with parting an arm and a leg.

Artyom

I plan on picking up a FN SCAR H (that .308 boy!) once I come to terms with parting an arm and a leg.

I like the SCAR but I prefer the FAL just for the reason that it has been around for so long it has a great repuation. Not only that but the FAL was 1,100 when I bought it but was worth closer to 1,500. A new scar is still in the realm of 2k so I feel your pain there. I'm contemplating wood furniture for it to give it that "battle worn" look. Maybe tactical gear for it?

i wish but here in Canada we are not allowed to defend ourselves

You guys do have strict gun laws but you guys also have cheap norinco guns too! A k98 here would be like 1000+ but you guys can get em for 250 from what I understand. I can't understand that 10 magazine limit shit though...My AK has 30 round mags and the FAL has 20 and 30 round mags.

Hazard

Standard Donor
I like the SCAR but I prefer the FAL just for the reason that it has been around for so long it has a great repuation. Not only that but the FAL was 1,100 when I bought it but was worth closer to 1,500. A new scar is still in the realm of 2k so I feel your pain there. I'm contemplating wood furniture for it to give it that "battle worn" look. Maybe tactical gear for it?

Oh trust me, I know about a FAL. Out of all the weapons I've fired, it is probably my favorite. Mainly because it's a .308, but nonetheless, it is a beautiful rifle.

It's also the first rifle to burn the hell out of my hand...

Brute

Standard Donor
It's also the first rifle to burn the hell out of my hand...
Good ol' AK47 for me. Whoever designed the forward grip on that rifle either had tiny little girl fingers or washed his hands in lava.

Artyom

I have poly furniture on my AK 74 and I've never had a problem. I haven't shoulder bump fired it or anything yet though.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor

You guys do have strict gun laws but you guys also have cheap norinco guns too! A k98 here would be like 1000+ but you guys can get em for 250 from what I understand. I can't understand that 10 magazine limit shit though...My AK has 30 round mags and the FAL has 20 and 30 round mags.

I think the law here is that if you want to own a gun you have to make it extremely difficult to get to it. Like you should be dead before you are able to even have the gun in your possession type difficult. IDK could be complete bs or not. Don't know much about gun laws here at all lol

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
It's good to see some /k/ommandos in here.

Which brings me to my last handgun that I own for now which is the Beretta 92FS also known and the M9 combat pistol. Those of you who have served in the military may be familiar with this weapon. I recently purchased an 18 round magazine for this one so I can hold 18 and 1 in the chamber when I carry it for duty or just as a conceal weapon. This handgun is super accurate and I haven't had it fuck up on me once. Not once. I replaced the D spring and cap with a flat surface and purchased custom made STARS grips for it which I only put on for when I take it to the range or just for display. I use the standard black grips for regular carry. I'm really happy with how the grips came out. Contemplating a silver barrel and brigadier slide with engraving later down the road to fully convert it to a Samurai Edge like in the Resident Evil games...

4cl0WFY.jpg
black_lagoon_revy_wallpaper-21333.jpg
I'm not even going to lie I want Revy's Berettas more than I want her boobs

Artyom

I really like her stainless Beretta's too. The Beretta is a really iconic handgun. I just had to have one in my collection. I've never had it fuck up on me ever either.

Artyom

I want to get my FAL to look more like this by the end of it,
casvfl18.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Artyom

I'm just noticing your comment, but you guys don't standard issue Glocks?

Yes they are, yes they are.

My department lets you carry whatever you qualify with for the state. I currently use a 92FS. I qualified the first time with a Browning HP in 9mm and that's a single action pistol. It really depends on your department. I could carry a 1911 if I really wanted to.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD