Anyone else sad to see no DOA news at e3?

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Yo guys man Tom Lee said in a LR interview that its going to be the last DOA for a whileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. And when he said that he made sound like a longggg time.

Lulu

Doen't bother me..... so long as the community grows amd the support continues..... I'm hoping at the very least Team Ninja will do what they can to ensure that happens with continued support at Tourneys and more Raging Hormones DLC Costumes.

Plus PC Version is still being worked on so you know.... thats a big step.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
There has always been atleast a 4 year gap between sequels not counting filler games, DOA1 was in 1996 and didnt get a sequel until 1999, DOA3 in 2001 and DOA4 in 2005. Recognise the pattern? We'll probably see a teaser trailer in 2016 earliest and maybe get DOA6 around Q4 2017

Team NINJA should have the funds to do it at a earlier rate than ever. However, it is better to have a better game than a rushed game. If anything, if TN is really being intelligent about it, I expect 2017-2018 for the actual game time lapse on another DOA game. Teasers/Trailers the year before that.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
I joined with Part 5, but I heared there was a gap of 6-7 years between it and Doa4.

And if I take a look at how long it takes them to implement single (actually existing) functions into the game now - PC especially, but also on the consoles before - then I don't think one should expect a new Doa withing the next four years.

Not sad about it because I'm perfectly fine with Doa5. And as DB said, you don't really want them to rush the game.

Last edited:

Kronin

I ioined with Part 5, but I heared there was a twelve years gap between it and Doa4.

Actually they are 6-7 years: DoA4 was released at the very end of December 2005 and DoA5 was released at september 2012. The reasons for it are anyway very likely related to the abandon of Itagaki and the consequent reworking on the franchise from the new Team NINJA started with the release of DoA Paradise (for the Xtreme series) and DoA Dimensions (for the main fighting one) respectively in 2010 and 2011.

Anyway similarly to you I believe that we will get a new epsiode of the DoA fighting series (unrelated so from the DoA5 one) just in 3/4 years after the release of Last Round (however should be considered even how much TN and KT plan to continue the development on Last Round additions).

Last edited:

SoftCabbage

And seriously, will people still buy original DOA6 pack after all this time?

I myself really eager to see DOA6, but at this rate I feel like it's better to wait until Last Round repack equivalent.

Kronin

And seriously, will people still buy original DOA6 pack after all this time?

I myself really eager to see DOA6, but at this rate I feel like it's better to wait until Last Round repack equivalent.

You're right, I thought the same various times. But again, the fans would be able to wait for years before to see the final product?

Imo if Koei Tecmo is smart will do a move similar to Capcom: after to have create edition after edition of Street Fighter IV, they announced that even continuing to release additions along the next years, all the expansions to SFV will be made available on the first original disc without needing to purchase others.

But of course has still to be seen how this will be achieved: the possibility to get all the contents with one disc doesn't exclude necessarily that other discs could be released altogether the digital expansions, thing that of course would make always more convenient to wait directly for the last edition.

Last edited:

SoftCabbage

You mean like Ultimate - LR?

That one is indeed good idea, until your system breaks down and you have to redownload horrendous amount of gigabytes of update data.

One of the reasons I haven't upgraded to PS4 is because the current major trend is to release broken ass game and latest gens have crazy chunk of patch/update size to download. In this case, retail repacks would be more convenient to have, if I think it even further

Last edited:

Kronin

You mean like Ultimate - LR?

Something similar: it would be great if the addition(s) was free as happened with LR contrarily to the various editions of SFIV, however I suspect that this was possible only because the update didn't guarantee the availability of the new characters and the new stages (the latter at all).

Also we have to consider that the DoA5 series was released and eveloped in a peculiar moment, the passage from a console generation to another and this ended to influence in an heavy way even the marketing decisions. With an eventual DoA6 series this element should be missed.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
No, then there would be no Ninja Gaiden. Unless I went there and Hayashi laughed at my face telling me that there would be no more Ninja Gaiden, then yes.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Quietly walk in the front desk...."NG4, JUST DO IT." With that epic shit/squat position.

That will get them going.

falchion

Honestly, I can't say that I'm that disappointed. A tournament of some sort would have been nice, but that's only because of how much fun the demo. ver tournament was. We were finding out more about the game and it was so hyped-- but I understand something like that probably won't happen again, since it was to promote doa5 before it had been released.

But I'm happy they didn't anounce anything doa related I'm really not up for DOA5U + Platinum remix

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD