Anyone see this play style?

Revero

Last night this idiot, yet genius brad wong had an annoying combo that worked surprizingly well. All he did was mix of:

1k, release the 1 then k, and k (the double ground roll kicks), then into a laying down head away h+k twice or three times, ending with a k
or
Just a h+k standing two times and repeats into the first combo.

The guys starts off crouch kissing you with Brad and keeps crouch charging you until the fight begins. It was really annoying because it covered all hit levels. High Med and Low. So annoying! Though he was S and PSN, and I am only B+ with Brad. That might be saying something, lol. The even more annoying part was the speed he did it in, and I couldn't replicated it to test it. He can drop and change stance really quick. Any of you guys see this?

Brute

Standard Donor
Well, I have seen Bard Wong's religiously fight glued to the floor and spam 1K. Online his floor stances are nearly impossible to throw or strike punish. In general, your best bet to get out of Brad Wong rushdowns is mid-kick holds and tech rolls, at least in my experience.

Revero

It can't even be called cheap, lol. Ah well, I learned my lesson. Some Brad are true drunks...can't even stand up.

Revero

Very similar. But his first LFT is the one where where Brad does the double roll kicks. I think the command is to release crouch and press k as Brad rises. The player was just so fast at it, I was pleasantly amused by his play style and rather annoyed how it was so effective, lol.

HoodsXx

Very similar. But his first LFT is the one where where Brad does the double roll kicks. I think the command is to release crouch and press k as Brad rises. The player was just so fast at it, I was pleasantly amused by his play style and rather annoyed how it was so effective, lol.
33HKK is unsafe and can be low thrown after it, he can't do anything after that happens. Plus it's quite slow and you can easily just hit him out of it with 2P or 6P before it even hits you.

Tones

Premium Donor
33hkk? Do you mean while rising kk (WRkk)?

Yeah WR K(K) isn't that reliable at all. I'd only use it maybe once every 2-3 games. Unless you use it like so.

Where it does pay off is if you use it as the starting move. Crouch in front of the opponent, and threaten to use it. Other options you can play are LHT to crush highs and most mids, 2p to put them at mid distance for a run in and throw (2p OH in doa4) or 2k+f/1k+f/ 214p/44k/6p+k/1k, :3p(p) launches and is pseudo safe. Gives a lot of options.

If you do WR k then you can do the fun to you but annoying to everyone else follow ups. That which is what we are all talking about here.

HoodsXx

33hkk? Do you mean while rising kk (WRkk)?

Yeah WR K(K) isn't that reliable at all. I'd only use it maybe once every 2-3 games. Unless you use it like so.

Where it does pay off is if you use it as the starting move. Crouch in front of the opponent, and threaten to use it. Other options you can play are LHT to crush highs and most mids, 2p to put them at mid distance for a run in and throw (2p OH in doa4) or 2k+f/1k+f/ 214p/44k/6p+k/1k, 3p(p) launches and is pseudo safe. Gives a lot of options.

If you do WR k then you can do the fun to you but annoying to everyone else follow ups. That which is what we are all talking about here.

Yes I meant WR kk. And I am aware. Though I'd just do WR K as doing KK gets countered too easily. Only problem from there is if they slow escape and fuzzy guard your OH since they'll ususally hold afterwards so you'd have to look out for that obviously and low throw him out of that.

Tones

Premium Donor
You didn't get what I said. Start the round by crouching...
Option 1 - 2p 66p+f/2k+f/1k+f/ 214p/44k/6p+k/1k
Option 2 - WR k or WR kk k+f/p+f/k/p+h/p/2p+h
Option 3 - :3p or :3pp

HoodsXx

I had gotten what you said. Was just explaining what would happen if you decided to do what you did in the video and someone happened to do what I had mentioned sorry for the confusion.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD