Apparently the girls (and Eliot) get censored as well.

SoftCabbage

We all know what's the deal with trio loli. But I noticed that other girls basically get soft censored that they would only spit small amount of blood that can be easily missed.

I also tried doing Break Blow on Eliot's face, but so far I don't see any blood coming out of his face.

Example:
Eliot
4ZK6khTl.jpg

The girls
v2geboWl.jpg

y0QtWgol.jpg

AUpsQCIl.jpg

bbkDAANl.jpg

kim9smGl.jpg

Guys
dtUOFq2l.jpg

4oZhbB8l.jpg

zaIx9W8l.jpg

That's hella alotta blood coming out of the brutes, incomparable to the rest in example.

SoftCabbage

You spend way too much time thinking about blood. DOA is not Mortal Kombat.

What thinking too much? I wanted this feature to be since 5 and now I paid attention to their new detail feature, found out something quite different in it, and I would like to share it.

Besides, your whole 'blood = MK' is getting old, you faint-hearted weeb.

Either refrain from being dumb or move along from the discussion.

im pretty pissed off about the camera (Break Blows) not zoom in with Honoka, Marie, NiCO .:oops:
Quite even more surprising for me that Eliot is getting blood censor, despite of the close-up view. He's the youngest guy in the game but I think should be the same age as Ayane, who's apparently not getting fully censored (only have a small spit of blood like other girls)

Macca Beam

waah waah fist meets face but if the camera doesn't ZOOM IN it's not violence!! has to be the most retarded smallbrain shit to ever spawn from this subject. Next just say VF throws have no impact because they didn't fuck with the camera.

Also various Samurai Spirits games got censored, Resident Evil eventually stopped showing decapitations. The sooner you come to terms with the fact that Japan dislikes violence just like the West dislikes lewd because of culture differences, the better. Beyond informing people of things they might overlook I don't see anything else to discuss.

MK didn't monopolize blood or violence, but it was one of the few fighters that romanticized it, therefore it isn't unreasonable to make the connection. He also isn't wrong in that DOA has always been a visually clean series free of unnecessary shit like sweat, dust, wet clothing, hit effects and blood until the new team moved in.

Last edited:

KawaiiShonen

What thinking too much? I wanted this feature to be since 5 and now I paid attention to their new detail feature, found out something quite different in it, and I would like to share it.

Besides, your whole 'blood = MK' is getting old, you faint-hearted weeb.

Either refrain from being dumb or move along from the discussion.
You took screenshots of characters getting bruised up and beat up, damaged. For all the world to see. This is sick. If you need violence so much - go to army and kill people for money. Government always needs heartless machines like you.

Your multiple offence towards me was reported to moderators. People like you need to understand that you make fighting games a poor experience for others. In Asia and most of Europe you'd simply be ignored at arcade rooms because for some reason only in USA your behavior is considered "normal". Something for you to think about.

Sayonara. I am ignoring you from now on.

P2p1mbs

If they were going to "censor" the closeups for the girls (and Eliot), why did they even bother to add them at all? Why not, like with Marie, Honoka and NiCO, they just remove the closeups and blood?

Macca Beam

eh they obviously added it to appeal to Americans at the E3 reveal. or it's just typical "guys it's [new game] we need to add something new, anything!!1"
the varying degrees got a chuckle out of me though

if you're gonna fight this fight make sure to do it for my boy overkill also. i don't want these limp punches to get more focus over him okay

Jyu_Viole_Grace

They should had leave DOA 5 supers animations. It would have brought less controversy even if people would talk about recycling animations.

Brute

Standard Donor
Well, this thread is heated. Let's see if we can't chill out a smidgen.

The sooner you come to terms with the fact that Japan dislikes violence just like the West dislikes lewd because of culture differences, the better.
Appealing to the lowest common denominator is not a defense for ineptitude. Considering that this developer literally made my favorite, hyper-violent game of all time, it seems pretty goofy to suggest "Team Ninja won't make hardcore violence because Japan," especially when they just released Nioh where people's limbs fly off in fountains of blood. It's a different genre, but the position you put forward is more poorly constructed than the one you're criticizing.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The lolis, waifus and the bishonen (Eliot) of DOA are considered cute and they have to stay cute even while being punched in the face. Spitting out a bucket of blood is not widely considered cute. That's very likely TN's simple reason, not censoring.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Well, this thread is heated. Let's see if we can't chill out a smidgen.

Appealing to the lowest common denominator is not a defense for ineptitude. Considering that this developer literally made my favorite, hyper-violent game of all time, it seems pretty goofy to suggest "Team Ninja won't make hardcore violence because Japan," especially when they just released Nioh where people's limbs fly off in fountains of blood. It's a different genre, but the position you put forward is more poorly constructed than the one you're criticizing.

I agree but Nioh was also censored in Japan:

This kind of things aren't allowed by CERO rating system. That's why Mortal Kombat games aren't released in Japan, they should work in a different version just for Japan, like Capcom does with Biohazard.

The lolis, waifus and the bishonen (Eliot) of DOA are considered cute and they have to stay cute even while being punched in the face. Spitting out a bucket of blood is not widely considered cute. That's very likely TN's simple reason, not censoring.

But they worked in Marie Rose, Honoka and NiCO facial morphs animations for Break Blows:

This is self censorship, they changed their mind in last moment.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Oh, so they took these completely out of the game? (Why didn't I even notice playing?) What happens when they are hit?

It was there at least in DOA Festival build. I don't remember when they changed their mind but you can see NiCO's close up in DOA Festival trailer:

1:30

EvangelioN

lol people still say blood = Mk ? Idiots lol

also if I remember correctly when you punch Brad there is also no blood ... Honestly I dont give damn what anyone thinks I am really enjoying Break Blows so much and i still think both genders should get the same amount of blood and damage on their models...

Brute

Standard Donor
I hate break blows functionally, but if you're gonna have 'em, they better look damn good. The facial cam is far more engaging than the satellite angles for the lolis. So yeah. That's my perspective.

SaihateDYNAMO

The biggest issue to me is how obvious the “censorship” is, if you can even call it censorship. To me, in a fighting game, they shouldn’t adjust levels of pain based on gender, age, size, etc. If one character can get their face bruised and bloodied, then everyone else should too regardless if they’re a giant middle-aged man or a petite high school girl. Changing it makes it seem like TN is trying too hard to protect their glorious waifus especially since there are other characters the exact same age that get the close-up. I’m not saying I wanna see Marie and the gals’ faces bruised and busted up in slow mo (...or do I >=D ), but for consistency’s sake at keep things the same for everyone.

If anything, the angle change manages to look really cool for some of the BBs like Lisa and Phase’s.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD