As of now, DOA5 is at 15%

HokutoNoBen

Dead or Alive 5 is 15% complete, Famitsu reports in a preview article for the game this week. The game is due for PS360 release in 2012.

Outside of the percentage, the magazine shows Hayate and Ryu Hayabusa, along with the new "Power Flow" system.

While it looks like there may be no new info in the magazine, at the very least we can hopefully look forward to new screens at Famitsu.com tomorrow, and a proper official site later in the week (that's the usual pattern, at least).

- http://andriasang.com/comz7z/doa5_15_percent/

...That's pretty much it.

Hopefully, whatever they stand to do with the game can be accommodated in a year. Otherwise, from 15%, they may want to just be more realistic and hold over to Q1 2013, if it would mean that much better a game.

Berzerk!

I'm sure there are a few people on the site who are familiar with some development timelines for games (MrWah for one) and make a comparison on how quickly some other titles have come together. Anyone with knowledge of this able to comment?

To follow a current example, Soul Calibur 5 footage was looked in May this year, announced very shortly afterwards, and will be released in early February 2012. That's 10 months. For a late 2012 release, say September or October, they'll certainly have plenty of time. Alarm bells not ringing yet.

On Famitsu the top news link in the site has a picture of Hayate, but the resulting page translates to:
Page could not be found
URL you are missing, may have been changed or removed. Very sorry, Please check the URL, please search for articles from the search form above.

Damn ninjas!

Zero254

Can't say I blame them when getting a hard counter hold can eat 70% of the lifebar from just pressing back and counter.

Get hype for Hayabusa and the bridge level.

But this time, it's gonna be you off a building.

I miss that from DOA2 honestly however.

I'd love doa2u with new elements.

x Sypher x

WOW. I'm loving Hitomi and Ayane's new look. It's beautiful. TN seems to be really amping character design as well as the graphics engine. Can't wait to see the rest of the cast.

Raansu

If it's fiscal 2012 that is still plenty time. :p
That said never listen to a word from any developer's mouth about release dates.

Which is why I said "expect." They said they want the game out within 2012, which to me it means it can potentially hurt a game.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Thank fuck they rid of the shitty anime eyes on the characters. Hey, maybe you guys won't have to shoot yourselves after all.

Oh and not huge tits. Guess they're really maturing.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Thank fuck they rid of the shitty anime eyes on the characters. Hey, maybe you guys won't have to shoot yourselves after all.

Oh and not huge tits. Guess they're really maturing.

Bittersweet victory.

Guarantee people still call it Titty Fighter though.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Bittersweet victory.

Guarantee people still call it Titty Fighter though.
I guarantee it'll be mostly closed-minded individuals who never played the series for themselves and/or hate it only based on word of mouth through TB's Bradycast... aka scrubs with excuses.

x Sypher x

I guarantee it'll be mostly closed-minded individuals who never played the series for themselves and/or hate it only based on word of mouth through TB's Bradycast... aka scrubs with excuses.

For the sake of the series, i really hope that won't be the case. I'm looking forward to see what TN will do next after this San Francisco event they held. They really need professional input from top players.

Also to be fair, TB mostly bashed on the community from DOAC and all its past drama rather than the series itself, or DOA4 to be precise. So I don't see how anyone would hate it. The community and the game itself are 2 separate things.

x Sypher x

Lol sorry I just realized I made an error. I meant to say, I don't see how anyone would hate it ONLY based on what TB said in his Bradycast. Sorry for the confusion.

Btw that pink panda looks kinda creepy lol.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Lol sorry I just realized I made an error. I meant to say, I don't see how anyone would hate it ONLY based on what TB said in his Bradycast. Sorry for the confusion.
TB is VERY influential. He's only what? One of the top dogs in Mortal Kombat? One of the MAIN PEOPLE who helped spearhead the game into being competitive and was successful in doing so?

Trust me, people WILL listen to him, and people WILL hate on instinct. Hell, I'm already in a world of shit just having my name blown up in Part 7 of the Bradycast. I can't go in ANY OTHER FGC using my name without getting blindly lynched, at this rate. -_-

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
At the same time, Bill tells me that he has told anyone interested in the game to go to this website, so he is not telling people to hate on the game.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
At the same time, Bill tells me that he has told anyone interested in the game to go to this website, so he is not telling people to hate on the game.

-I have only heard the same.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD