Ask Team NINJA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berzerk!

It's not even a matter of preference. The next Doa MUST be multiplatform to reach the biggest possible audience. They know this.

Raansu

Given that NG3 is multi-plat without having some timed exclusive on the 360 first, I'm pretty sure doa5 will be multi-plat, unless MS shells out money for an exclusive, which they really don't need anymore since every damn fighter is pretty much multi-plat.

Red dragon

I don't understand the logic here. If the next DOA was multi-platform, why would it also being released on PS3 keep you from being able to play it on 360?

Do you remember back when everyone was whining about 360's d pad. Most folks were saying that it was causing problems for them in terms of button imputs and etc? If doa5 came out on both consoles, then about 80% of the community would go to ps3 mostly because of the d pad issues. Some folks use an arcade stick so it dont matter much to them but the pad users would most likely go running to ps3.

Berzerk!

Yup, that's why they released Dimensions on a single portable system with zero install base.
We're talking about the next major release. You don't need to deliberately ignore that basic piece of context to make yet another swipe at the developer. We get it. This is an educated audience on this site. DOAD is not a new progression in the franchise, it is a revision of the status quo. We all know this. Move on.

Raansu

Do you remember back when everyone was whining about 360's d pad. Most folks were saying that it was causing problems for them in terms of button imputs and etc? If doa5 came out on both consoles, then about 80% of the community would go to ps3 mostly because of the d pad issues. Some folks use an arcade stick so it dont matter much to them but the pad users would most likely go running to ps3.

All the other fighters sold about even on both ps3 and 360. If DoA5 go's multi-platform, I'm pretty sure it would have similar sales on both consoles. Not everyone has a ps3, and after the psn incident, I know a lot of friends that wont even use psn anymore and moved to 360. You're over dramatizing things, and doa5 being exclusive to the 360 will only hurt the series.

Red dragon

All the other fighters sold about even on both ps3 and 360. If DoA5 go's multi-platform, I'm pretty sure it would have similar sales on both consoles. Not everyone has a ps3, and after the psn incident, I know a lot of friends that wont even use psn anymore and moved to 360. You're over dramatizing things, and doa5 being exclusive to the 360 will only hurt the series.

I agree with your point. I'd almost forgot about the psn incident. How did that lawsuit turn out anyways? Lucky for me, i never stuck a credit card with psn, only xbl.

Anyways, going back on topic. I know most folks will either go to the arcade stick or mod their d pads to their own custom style. You will never catch me with an arcade stick. I cannot use one of those to save my life. I've tried back when i use to go to the memphis tekken/SF casuals night offline.

Raansu

Generally I prefer an arcade stick, but for some reason I can't use a stick on doa. The new twist d-pads for the 360 are also really good.

Zero254

I don't see the problem man.

It's not like you know.....a bigger community is BAD for fighting games.

Red dragon

Generally I prefer an arcade stick, but for some reason I can't use a stick on doa. The new twist d-pads for the 360 are also really good.
New twist d pad? i've never heard of them. Care to explain how they differ?

Zero254:

I never said a bigger fighter community is a bad thing. Hell we need all the members we can get honestly. The issue with ps3 is that their online is garbage but for offline play, people will prefer ps3 controllers because of the d pad, unless you are an arcade stick user. They dont count because arcade sticks can be used, for the most part (correct me if im wrong here), on both consoles. Besides that, ive seen folks mod their 360 controllers for better d pads.

R4712-VR88

New twist d pad? i've never heard of them. Care to explain how they differ?

They came out last November...

500x_new360padwhole.jpg

500x_xbox360controller.jpg

It's a limited edition controller for $65. It's wireless that comes with a Plug&Play Cord and Battery. Surely you can see just by the image why these controllers are great for fighting games.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The ironic thing is that it's better on fighting games when you DONT have the d-pad popped out.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Well... one may claim that its better if it IS popped out, unfortunately the weakness of the beast is that rough play tends to snap the dpad right off when it is in that position.

That said, when its tucked in its perfectly safe for fighting game bullshit, and is infinitely better then anything else ive tried.

I've actually been getting better input on this thing then a playstation pad, although a lot of that is practice im sure.

Raansu

Well... one may claim that its better if it IS popped out, unfortunately the weakness of the beast is that rough play tends to snap the dpad right off when it is in that position.

That said, when its tucked in its perfectly safe for fighting game bullshit, and is infinitely better then anything else ive tried.

I've actually been getting better input on this thing then a playstation pad, although a lot of that is practice im sure.

Ya, it is definitely better in the + position, but sadly, it's built kind of cheaply. Or maybe I'm just too rough with d-pads? I do a lot of 33 movements with Hitomi, and this was the result of my first twist pad after about 2 weeks.

IMG_0635.jpg

Luckily MS replaced it for free. I just leave it in the circular position, still works great. Something about how it's seated or something, but it responds so much better then the old ones, and it doesn't feel mushy, and I rarely jump accidentally anymore.

Allan Paris

Yeah, my cousin's controller did the same thing, he was very pissed when it happened. Looks like I will be buying 2 of them for myself soon.

Taking a second look at your's Ranns and damn that's pretty bad. It looks worse than my cousin's when his broke off. Also, will MS replace them if that happens or did you buy some type of warranty for them to do that for you?

Raansu

Originally I was just going to return it to the store cuz I only had it for like a week or so. Before hand though I made a post on xbox forums asking if anyone else had issues or if I was just abusing the damn thing lol. Someone from MS saw the post I guess and sent me a PM with all the information and I got a new one for free.

The + position is poorly designed. It sits on the platform like a stick and to me it looked like it was just glued on or something, and fighting games just put too much stress on that design with all the directional inputs. Like I said though, I just leave it in the circular position and it works fine. I really don't think they had fighters in mind when they designed the + part of the pad. Think they were just looking for a way to make it more comfortable and responsive and less mushy feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD