[Aug 25, 2012] GVN Summer Jam VI - Aug 25 & 26 - Philly,PA (Philadelphia, PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
So I assume if the winner of the singles tourney is a member of the winning tag team, the extra copy of the CE gets given to second place?

We're looking into what we can do with the third collector's edition should the situation occur. At this time it just won't be given out as it will be too difficult to decide which of the three people who got 2nd place (singles & tag tournament) would receive it.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Should be a prize for a member of this community if that happens. Wiki article writing prize, perhaps?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Ha, I wish. As far as I know though, the prizes are for GVN. I'll update you guys with any sort of contest if Tecmo approves it, and if that third copy of the game isn't picked up at GVN.

From Big E:
Summer jam 6 update:

Ok players this is how many room are left at both hotels.

8/24...
Suites = 4 Rooms Available
Four Points = 13 Rooms Available

8/25...
Suites = 19 Rooms Available
Four Points = 28 Rooms Available

8/26...
Four Points = 8 Rooms Available

The Cut-Off Date is 8/22

After this there is nothing I can do for you:(

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
That'll go up by one at some point today at the venue since I'm releasing my hold on one of the rooms I reserved.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
That'll go up by one at some point today at the venue since I'm releasing my hold on one of the rooms I reserved.

Hear that guys? If you're looking for a room, you have until the end of today to contact CE.

The HuBBs

Here's the room update for everyone of what's left.
8/24...
Four Points = 13 Rooms Available

8/25...
Suites = 19 Rooms Available
Four Points = 28 Rooms Available

8/26...
Four Points = 8 Rooms Available

The Cut-Off Date is 8/22
After they are all gone, nothing I can do guys.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
TR-TR-TRIPLE POST!!!

I'll be canceling my extra reservation in about two and a half hours.

The HuBBs

We've now sold more rooms than we did at WB6. 271 rooms are gone. Limited quanitity left so hurry up. Once they're gone, they're gone.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Okay guys, here's the current official rules for each tournament:

Singles
Round Count: 3
Set Count: Best 3 out of 5 Matches
Elimination Type: Double Elimination

Team Tag
Players: 2 players per tag team. 1 player per tag team is banned.
Round Count: 2
Set Count: Best 2 out of 3 Matches
Elimination Type: Double Elimination

Both Tournaments
Timer: Default
Life Setting: Normal
Random Stage: All Stages are allowed (A specific stage is allowed to be selected as long as both competitors agree to the specified stage)
Random Character: All Characters are allowed. If a player wins the match with a Random character select then they must return to the Character Select screen and re-select that character.
Dangerzones: On (Dangerzones can be turned off as long as both competitors agree to the option being turned off)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It's currently the recommended rule setting from FSD. It is subject to change, but this is basically what I'm pushing.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It's moreso testing the waters. DOA5 matches go faster than other fighting games typically, and even then most fighting games these days have moved on to a 3 out of 5 set ruleset. Marvel comes to mind in particular. So we're going to try it out with DOA5. Additionally, we've removed the Finals from having a different set, they also will be best 3 out of 5 as 4 out of 7 feels too long especially with a reset.

Allan Paris

I see. 3 out 5 the whole way through. That reset is a bit much being 4/7. I'll have to see how this works in action, 2 more weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD