DOA5LR Ayane Combo Discussion

bingsoo

Those combos were flashy, but a lot of them can be stagger escaped and rely too heavily on the guessing game, which in turn negates Ayane's strengths. They might work online, though.

That is the problem with DOA now less and less people are being creative and just doing what works 100% of the time
You should edit this sentence. It sounds silly. It sounds like you prefer to guess instead of taking guaranteed damage.

Bluefire501

lol, I almost mistook your statement about "basic/intermediate knowledge on the character" as an insult. I'll overlook that assumption.

Anyway, I never said you cannot trick opponents to fall for something. Do not assume I know very little of this character. Being unpredictable to obtain high damage is "one" of the many strengths Ayane possesses. But forcing the extra guess factor on yourself is also questionable with a character that is very good at avoiding it.

"Everything" I saw in this video is not new to me at all. I don't think anyone realizes just how much time I've put into this character in DOA5, lol. Extending stun after a hit confirmed 4K is questionable.

What I have listed in this thread are the most optimal choices. I've never said you cannot mix up anything for damage, to anyone. I simply relay what this character can do and what are the best ways to gain damage consistently.

I'm very much interested in seeing some videos of Snipe and yourself since you are speaking so highly about yourself, Bluefire.

I didn't mean anything in insult or was directing anything at you, because I'm sure you have been in sparring with ayane longer and are better than me with her . This is an combo thread that people with all skill levels see and i just wanted to spark some creativity with moves that don't see much action compared to the "better move" , that's what I meant about basic/ intermediate players do a lot of the same things.( And yes I do understand the optimal choice's but why not make things interesting and replace it with some eye candy.)

To be honest I play this game for fun and I could care less if I win or lose. If I don't make the match interesting I consider it a loss anyway because I didn't have fun playing the match. I didn't realize I was speaking highly of myself but just stating the fact we do them consistently rather then once in a blue moon to a high level players.

As for the videos check out my channel I'm not hiding anything. I'll even put up some from snipe in the next few days.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I didn't mean anything in insult or was directing anything at you, because I'm sure you have been in sparring with ayane longer and are better than me with her . This is an combo thread that people with all skill levels see and i just want is spark some creativity with moves that don't see much action compared to the "better move" , that's what I meant about basic/ intermediate players do a lot of the same things.( And yes I do understand the optimal choice's but why not make things interesting and replace it with some eye candy.)

To be honest I play this game for fun and I could care less if I win or lose. If I don't make the match interesting I consider it a loss anyway because I didn't have fun playing the match. I didn't realize I was speaking highly of myself but just stating the fact we do them consistently rather then once in a blue moon to a high level players.

As for the videos check out my channel I'm not hiding anything. I'll even put up some from snipe in the next few days.

I already said that there isn't anything wrong with implementing unpredictability. Ayane does that so well it still blows my mind. But that also doesn't mean you "have" to force yourself to take more risks when you don't have to. I welcome more viability. But a lot of these things I've seen and have explored before are not that viable. Which was my original point.

And, I must apologize to you. I am not trying to come off as arrogant or trying to belittle you. I am just one who never sugarcoats anything for anyone, is all.

Bluefire501

I already said that there isn't anything wrong with implementing unpredictability. Ayane does that so well it still blows my mind. But that also doesn't mean you "have" to force yourself to take more risks when you don't have to. I welcome more viability. But a lot of these things I've seen and have explored before are not that viable. Which was my original point.

And, I must apologize to you. I am not trying to come off as arrogant or trying to belittle you. I am just one who never sugarcoats anything for anyone, is all.

It's alright I actually like that you don't sugar coat anything.

I seen your point. We were just looking at it from two very different sides where I just wanted to be fancy just for shits and giggles not caring about the consequences and you were more leaning to the competitive side

Bluefire501

Those combos were flashy, but a lot of them can be stagger escaped and rely too heavily on the guessing game, which in turn negates Ayane's strengths. They might work online, though.

You should edit this sentence. It sounds silly. It sounds like you prefer to guess instead of taking guaranteed damage.
No, Actually I like taking non-guaranteed damage more than guaranteed damage.

bingsoo

I see. Well I hope you know what that means. Do you prefer guessing on a multiple choice test for creativity's sake even though you know the answer? If every answer on the test is A, your scantron won't look very creative, but you'll get an A on the test. I'm saying this not to provoke you, but because you mentioned that the problem with DOA is too many people opt for guaranteed damage. I don't see how that's a problem. In fact, the problem with DOA in the eyes of the greater fighting game community is not enough guaranteed damage. If people want to play the guessing game, there's always rock, paper, scissors, and gambling. Fighting games are usually about knowledge, reactions, focus, and winning.

To each his own, though. I enjoyed your video; the combos were fun and flashy to watch.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor

You'd rather take unnecessary risk to gain damage than take what's right there in front of you? Why?

A reason why Ayane is such a strong character in Dead or Alive is simply because she avoids the random guess factor, and very well at that.

Koompbala

^Exactly what Tokkosho said your not gonna convince the guy otherwise. Just like he's not gonna convince any of you otherwise. Its a lose a lose on both sides. Gaining up on him doesn't help anything.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
^Exactly what Tokkosho said your not gonna convince the guy otherwise. Just like he's not gonna convince any of you otherwise. Its a lose a lose on both sides. Gaining up on him doesn't help anything.

I'm not ganging up on anyone. I am merely asking BlueFire about his play preference and if he understands the risk/reward of playing the way he chooses to play. If someone decides they wish to play a certain way, I'm not going to argue and make them do something they don't want to do.

There was no harm in BlueFire uploading and posting his combo video here. This is a "Combo Discussion" thread, and I will be discussing things in here related to that. I haven't done anything but simply lay out facts here. And it's good that he defends his points and I defend mine. That is what discussion is.

As for the others, they are just asking BlueFire why he chose his preference. And Bingsoo only gave his point of view. Please do not make it seem as if people are here to gun down anyone. I will not tolerate any sign of drama or arguments that derail off topic within' the Ayane forums, at all.

BlueFire has clearly explained his preference (and you may definitely continue so if you wish) and Tamisu backed up his point. Which is clear enough. There is no harm done.

Koompbala

No shots were fired that's fine and I wouldn't expect them to be in a thread like this. But everyone asking the person the same question. That's not gaining up to you? Looks quite different on the outside. Everyone was pretty much asking the same kind of questions. They would ask oh "why are you doing this though?" It was answered why Blue does the things he does. Then you "oh well I do things this way". Thats fine coming from one person even 2, but more than 2 yeah its not necessary. Its cool your trying to get more people competitive I got no problem with that. Clearly Blue was not gonna budge on the way he plays though.

More than one person nagging him ain't gonna change anything. I got into countless conversations like this the outcome? Absolutely nothing happens. Each person may get an understanding why they do the things they do. People are too stuck in their ways from my experience. I'm stuck in my ways just as Blue is stuck in his ways.

bingsoo

My main concern with his remarks about DOA and his style of play was that he said players' reliance on guaranteed damage was problematic.
That is the problem with DOA now less and less people are being creative and just doing what works 100% of the time.
But I do apologize to BlueFire if I sounded offensive. I did not know his intentions were to play casually and for flare. I noticed that he put up similar videos for different characters in other threads as well.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
lol, this has nothing to do with being competitive. I never brought that aspect into the subject with him have I? I gave my diagnosis and simply asked why did BlueFire chose to opt for his specific play style. He has answered my question with a good explanation and I can only respect. That is all. If someone chooses to play the way they wish, that is up to them. But everyone must be aware of of the risk/reward and consequences from their play styles (even my own).

Koompbala

Sure, I hopped in here cause Tokkosho was the only person defending Blue. I felt Tokkosho alone was not enough. As I said I had these conversations countless times and it never ends on an agreement. The only agreement that happens is agreeing to disagree. A character may be built a certain way and works really well when played that way. Point being just because the tools given tell you to play a certain way doesn't mean all will play that way. It also doesn't mean one has to play that way. You can piece things together of what he already posted. As to give a solution why he takes risks rather than guarantees. You know the answer already you kept on asking c'mon now. It got to the point of nagging the guy.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I'm not nagging anyone, lol. I already understood why he chooses to play differently. You are making it seem as though I've been saying "You can't play that way. Either play the right way or don't play at all." I cannot make someone do something they don't want to do, nor is that my intention. Everyone will choose to play a game the way they wish to play it. There is no harm in that. And there is no harm in asking other people about their personal perspective either. It is a common occurrence in gaming.

I asked him why and he explained himself to me. It's been clear and it's fine. There isn't anymore that needs to be said about this matter because it is further derailing my original topic.

So unless the next post in this thread is about combos or moves of any sort for Ayane or contributions. I will not answer to off-topic responses.

Here is my work after a succesful 11P :

After 11P, you can launch with high launcher H+K or 8KK then juggle as you want :
11P H+K PPPK 63 dmg on neutral, 79 dmg on counter hit
11P H+K 8KK BTPP4PP7K 75 dmg on neutral, 94 dmg on counter hit (light weight, tested on Ayane vs Ayane)
11P H+K 66KK4 BT 7K 69 dmg on neutral, 86 dmg on counter hit
11P 8KK BT PP4PP7K 67 dmg on neutral, 84 dmg on counter hit

After 11P, you can launch with middle punch launcher 4P+K then juggle as you want :
11P 4P+K BT PP6KK4 BT7K 77 dmg on neutral, 96 dmg on counter hit
11P 4P+K BT6P 66KK4 BT7K 82 dmg on neutral, 103 dmg on counter hit (added, see post below lol)

After 11P, you can launch with middle kick launcher 4K then juggle as you want :
11P 4K PPPK 63 dmg on neutral, 71 dmg on counter hit

If you understand what I did here, you notice that after 11P, I put 3 different launcher types to have more chance to avoid opponent hold. The idea is that *****if**** you want to extend the stun, use the most different (launcher) move type (high, middle punch, middle kick or low hit). Here I didn't use low hit for my example but It is theorically possible.

After 11P, you can extend the stun
11P 4H+K 4P+K BT6P 66KK4 BT7K 94 dmg on neutral, 118 dmg on counter hit
11P 4H+K 8KK BTPP4PP7K 79 dmg on neutral, 99 dmg on counter hit
11P 4H+K 4K PPPK 75 dmg on neutral, 86 dmg on counter hit

After 11P, you can even go for critical burst with a lot of variations :

11P SSP (side step punch) PK BT4H+K CB 64 dmg on neutral, 79 dmg on counter hit
11P 6P (cancel) BTPP 6P+K CB 57 dmg on neutral, 70 dmg on counter hit
11P 6K2K P BT4H+K CB 62 dmg on neutral, 76 dmg on counter hit
11P PP6P (cancel) BTP 6P+K CB 60 dmg on neutral, 74 dmg on counter hit
11P 66K PP 6P+K CB 58 dmg on neutral, 72 dmg on counter hit
11P P BT4H+K 6P+K CB 53 dmg on neutral, 66 dmg on counter hit
11P 66K P BT4H+K CB 53 dmg on neutral, 66 dmg on counter hit
11P 6P+K P BT4H+K CB 53 dmg on neutral, 66 dmg on counter hit

*All* (not only the critical burst combos) those combos cannot be slow escaped, if the 11P connects, your opponent will eat all the combo unless he guesses the right hold to do but the variations are so that he only has 1 chance on 4 to guess right.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Yeah, I've known about the 11P mix up since day 2 of the game's life. I just forgot to add it's combos and a few other things. You can do 11P > 4P+K > BT6P > 66KK4 BT 7K on light weights as well.

Could you possibly post the damage output each combo for Normal hit and Counter hit as well? I'll just copy and paste everything into the OP once the damage is posted.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD