DOA5LR Ayane General Gameplay Discussion

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
This thread will be used to discuss all things game play related to Ayane in DOA5 Last Round. Any new findings, possible buffs, nerfs, new attacks, strings, short strings, combos, and general concerns and speculation about DOA5LR Ayane are to be discussed here.

Let's keep all of the DOA5LR Ayane discussion in this thread, and out of the others to keep things clean and organized. Fanservice about Last Round may be discussed here, but keep it tamed (and NO NSFW images or videos either).

I'll try to keep this post updated with new information gathered by various players.

Added in the change list for Ayane's DOA5LR's iteration. Changes are as follows;

6P: Greater hit effect on back-turned opponents.

6P9: Added jump status frames (low attacks won't work). (balance/buff)

7P: Added jump status frames (low attacks won't work). (balance/buff)

8KK, BT PPKK: Added jump status frames (low attacks won't work). (balance/buff)

8KKK, BT PPKKK: Added jump status frames (low attacks won't work). (balance/buff)

3K: Lesser hit effect on back-turned opponents.

66KK, BT PP6KK: Is now reversed with a jump K hold rather than an evasion. (balance)

66KKK, BT PP6KKK: Added jump status frames (low attacks won't work). (balance/buff)

P+KP9: Added jump status frames (low attacks won't work). (balance/buff)

236H+K: Can now cause refloat. (buff)

BT PP6P: Refloat ability strengthened. (buff)

SS P: Damage changed from 22 to 18. (balance)

BT 9: Added jump status frames (low attacks won't work). (balance/buff)

Everything listed as "balance/buff" just states that aspect has received rebalancing to something it's supposed to be. Not necessarily a significant buff, but a rightful change. BTPP6P and 236H+K receiving refloat capability are definitely significant buffs, however. These things will increase Ayane's damage potential all around, and make her Critical Burst and Power Launcher damage relevant.

I find the change to 66KK/BTPP6KK changed from hold resistant to actual hold completely fair. That means you can punish scrubs for being dumb.

I'm not exactly sure what's going on with 6P and 3K on back turned opponents "yet", probably an increase and decrease in hit advantage. But I will find out once Last Round releases.

Last edited:

Aerospark

Standard Donor
I played DOA: Dimensions two days ago (I just wanted to use Ayane in her glorious C4 lmao) and I noticed her 4P/BT4P/BTPP6P granted her a refloat, however, the recovery frames prevented her from getting anything big off of it :/ (I only managed to get a BT4P~K just barely though). I hope this isn't the same case for DOA5:LR, however, I think the recovery frames with moves are faster compared to Dimensions and 5 Ultimate?

Also, I noticed that Ayane's BT7K force tech'd in Dimensions for some reason, I don't know why that was taken away and her 64T was just a regular 4T. ;u; I want that input back for LR.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Naw, it's good for 64T to stay as is, because Ayane has access to two i7 frame throws and they put her in a good position every time. It's smart for TN to keep it that way.

ShinMaruku

With Luck I may get to see soon enough if this Sony event is worth it's salt...

I also like 4K being a bound do if I time it right during a counter hit or a launch. As long as Ayane does not suffer from Hitomi bound syndrome whatever they add will be nice.

LunaKage

As long as 4K keeps it's sitdown stun on normal hit, that move is just so good for punishing whiffs.

I don't really have anything about Ayane that I think would REQUIRE a change, but I do have a few things on my wishlist:
- Give her an Offensive Hold, maybe give BT 6T it's offensive hold properties back? I dunno, I just want her to have one, preferably while BT, but I'm not picky about it.
- 66KK4 should jail, if the first hit is blocked, then the second hit will be guaranteed to be blocked as well. After fighting Hoodless, I found out how useless this move is :c
- 6KK and every string that goes into it should be Mid>Mid instead of Mid>High, this will give her a little mixup string similar to Marie's 6KK/6K2K
- Make her back roll an input

As far as general gameplay changes, well I've spoken on a lot of general things extensively before so I wont go into all that now, especially since I know my wishlist on that subject is damn near impossible lol. But I do have one wish that I think could potentially maybe possibly happen one day maybe:
- Low Holds do not put you into crouching.

This is basically just to make sure Non-Crouching Throws, and High Strikes don't whiff if your opponent tries to Low Hold. Yes I know you can bait low holds with Mids and Low Throws, but it's still an annoyance that I don't think too many people would mind changing.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
66KK4 isn't useless. And it doesn't jail anymore because it was too easily abused, I keep telling everyone that it is for pressure, not a get in tool because it is the most predictable approach from this character. Ayane does not need 66KK4 to approach, she never had to rely on it to get in, she doesn't have to now.

LunaKage

It not once ever worked on Hoodless lol. You assume I only used it to approach, I used it in pressure situations as well, it was ducked and punished every time.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
It not once ever worked on Hoodless lol. You assume I only used it to approach, I used it in pressure situations as well, it was ducked and punished every time.

My 66KK4 usage doesn't get crouched when I use it for mix up and pressure. And that's because I know how you play.

Mind giving me some examples?

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
As long as 4K keeps it's sitdown stun on normal hit, that move is just so good for punishing whiffs.

I don't really have anything about Ayane that I think would REQUIRE a change, but I do have a few things on my wishlist:
- Give her an Offensive Hold, maybe give BT 6T it's offensive hold properties back? I dunno, I just want her to have one, preferably while BT, but I'm not picky about it.
- 66KK4 should jail, if the first hit is blocked, then the second hit will be guaranteed to be blocked as well. After fighting Hoodless, I found out how useless this move is :c
- 6KK and every string that goes into it should be Mid>Mid instead of Mid>High, this will give her a little mixup string similar to Marie's 6KK/6K2K
- Make her back roll an input

As far as general gameplay changes, well I've spoken on a lot of general things extensively before so I wont go into all that now, especially since I know my wishlist on that subject is damn near impossible lol. But I do have one wish that I think could potentially maybe possibly happen one day maybe:
- Low Holds do not put you into crouching.

This is basically just to make sure Non-Crouching Throws, and High Strikes don't whiff if your opponent tries to Low Hold. Yes I know you can bait low holds with Mids and Low Throws, but it's still an annoyance that I don't think too many people would mind changing.

No ninja besides Hayabusa has an OH, Ayane doesn't need one either. I like how BT6T gets Hi-counter damage when it beats a hold lol.

66KK4 is one of the most abused strings by Ayane players, there's a reason TN made it crouch-able along with BTPP6KK4. Ayane players autopiloted with it too much. You can just imagine how abused 66KK4 was when it was +7.

6KK as a Mid-Mid is kinda unnecessary with how long the delay on 6K~2K is. You could do 6K~FC~6P or 6K~FC~6K for example if you want a "Mid-Mid" from 6K.

The low hold thing is very annoying but can become a huge liability for the opponent if relied on offline. Watch any of my matches with Yurlungur to get what I mean lol. The only thing I would suggest is to increase their recovery even more to further discourage the "stun-low hold" bullshit.

"Make her back roll an input

YES! FUCKING YES! It has such a dumb input at the moment IMO. :eek:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Naw, I agree on 6KK should be a mid-mid. I even said that before in the past and had that in my wishlist. 6KK mid-high is awful for mix up because it's not a mix up. 6KK being mid-mid with 6K2K being mid-low means it's a respected mix up both on hit and block. Smarter players can legit i7 throw a 6K free cancel on read (We cali players do that more than anyone else offline, just like we do with throwing Phase's 6P free cancel on read).

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Yeah, I remember you wanted 6KK Mid-Mid. 6KK's only really good for wall-slamming. I have a strange feeling that 6KK as Mid-Mid may make the mix-up pressure a little too strong IMO. But then again, I wouldn't mind lol. It'll just make 6K2K even stronger xD!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD