Backdashing

Baron West

Do all characters have the same length Backdash in Dimensions? If not, who has the longest and who has the shortest?

Thanks.

Allan Paris

Yes, all of the characters do have the same backdash. If they took the "backdash" from DOA4 then there really isn't a backdash in DOA:D. If they took the one from DOA3, then there should be one, I can't remember 3 all that well.

With that 3DS d-pad/analog I don't even see how anyone can backdash/dash effectively on that device (maybe it's just me). I tried to KBD and Crouch Dash with it and it was not happening.

With that 3DS d-pad/analog I don't even see how anyone can backdash/dash effectively on that device (maybe it's just me). I tried to KBD and Crouch Dash with it and it was not happening.

I think I can pull off something resembling a KBD (used an input of 42424242424242 etc..) and Crouch dash (23232323232 etc..).

Allan Paris

To start the KBD 2 needs to go first, KDB (QCB,QCB,QCB), how you are getting it starting with 4, I don't know but ok if your getting it. Or maybe you meant to type 2 before that 4? Then again you did say it "resembles " it, so ok with that.

For me the whole device moved on me when I tried to input both movements. That's good that you are able to do something with the piss-poor tool that was given to you.

To start the KBD 2 needs to go first, KDB (QCB,QCB,QCB), how you are getting it starting with 4, I don't know but ok if your getting it. Or maybe you meant to type 2 before that 4? Then again you did say it "resembles " it, so ok with that.

For me the whole device moved on me when I tried to input both movements. That's good that you are able to do something with the piss-poor tool that was given to you.

Since I was testing with Ayane the 214214214 motion causes her to use her special backdash. The end result of the motion I described seems to be some sort of dash but it's more of a combination of a freestep and a backdash. However, I am sure I got the crouch dash right.

Rolling your thumb to do the input takes a bit of practice, but it isn't all that hard.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Don't forget about the backdash cancel, typically used with the heavy characters. I know Virtuapai had put together a how-to on each of the backdash variations and which work for each character.

Backdash cancel is basically :4::4::4_::4::4_::4::4_::4:...

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Don't forget about the backdash cancel, typically used with the heavy characters. I know Virtuapai had put together a how-to on each of the backdash variations and which work for each character.

Backdash cancel is basically :4::4::4_::4::4_::4::4_::4:...

I did, but I think DoaC "lost" the thread.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD