DOA5 Bass 66K glitch from Super Launcher

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor

New glitch. Apparently it's caused by the clean hit properties of :6::6::K: being miscalculated on a juggled opponent. I'll test this when I have time.

edit: It looks like it is caused by the engine thinking you're both in standing and air state at the same time, resulting in the damage being calculated twice.

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor

New glitch. Apparently it's caused by the clean hit properties of :6::6::K: being miscalculated on a juggled opponent. I'll test this when I have time.

edit: It looks like it is caused by the engine thinking you're both in standing and air state at the same time, resulting in the damage being calculated twice.

Wow, that's quite a glitch. Makes up for the guaranteed ground pick-up we lost.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It's tough to see with my monitor, could you explain the glitch in more detail? Like what's the revision at, the damage output, and what it should be?

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
From what I'm getting from reading it, the damage for the kick is 14. In the second attempt, it's like 54 (it looks like it registers it as 2 separate values 15+39). It could be that due to the fact that the kick is done so low to the ground, it's registering the ground hit, and adding the damage from the kick as well.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Eh, seems interesting, but I think you get close to the same damage from doing 8K 9PKP or 8K 3P H+P with the chance of H+P doing a wall hit.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
^^^ Yeah, but you can't do those combos on heavies. You can only do :8::K: :9::P::K::P: on open ground.

Second hit is 150% revision, hence why I was theorizing that the engine thought you were actually in both air and standing state when you were getting low to the ground. I think it was done after the bounce from the drop.

I'm gonna try and see if the AI can tech roll out of that.

edit: no, this definitely does more damage, especially on HC. No way to tech-roll out of this, so it's pretty much guaranteed.

edit2: not sure if they'll remove this or not. As long as they don't change :6::6::K: or the super launcher, I'm fine with that.

Snipeclips

It registers as a Close Hit. I don't know why it does, but at least that's where the 150% damage came from. Don't think it's a glitch either, possibly the properties change? XD

Scornwell

I believe it is worth noting that on Hi-Counter at Lab, this combo does 200 dmg on all weights. That is insane.
It is also worth noting that I honestly believe Bass is A tier if not S tier.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Great for easy damage, but I have to admit, it was pretty lazy.

At least it did incite me to find some other cool combos.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Okay, I think it's safe to post that circus combo. If I ever wanted to do that combo again, I'd just play the un-patched version again.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD