Bass' Nerf

Chaos

They are just pushed away too far out of range for the active frames of the grab to connect against their guarding hurt box.

If they try attacking then it will grab them if their hurt or active box comes out within range. However, you can't get a full charged super freak off of it, and a regulare super freak doesn't loop to a pick up.
I definitely agree, wtf wrong with TN? taking away one of his best tools is just so retarded. :mad: I really wanted the slow characters
to have some type advanage fighting against the fast characters but Dr Dogg said Bass is still a moster, so thats good news atleast.

Tom Brady

as THE Bass player back in the Bass heyday, obviously I was excited to hear a lot of doa3.1 elements returning to Bass and was disappointed to hear about this unnecessary nerf to 6KP. However, just found out that 6KP still guarantees a pick up if it hits a non juggled opponent. Its just in juggles that the pick up isnt free. The nerf is still dumb and hopefully undone in a future patch.

AHHH DOA5, the return of Tom Brady Bass lol..

DontForkWitMe

As I complained about on another topic His tier placement is based on what options other characters have, and right now his main trouble match ups are still Kasumi and Jann Lee. I'm fine with those being his trouble match ups as that's really just expected. What I'm not fine with is taking away his main tool for pressure. A tool that doesn't guarantee anything and does no damage. It's one of the main reasons he was so bad in DOA4 and they've gone and returned him to damn near close to that status.

Just because people saw me on stream beating up someone who hadn't really played the game that well on one of Bass' best stages doesn't mean that he's god tier. Keep in mind that I did not win that tournament and lost my first set to a Kasumi player and second loss to a Jann Lee.

Bass' pick-up grants him a front facing frame advantage that's +11. His fastest attack period is i12 but it's a high that doesn't string or juggle, and his fastest mid is i14. Compare that to Kasumi's i9 high string combo and i11 mids and you can see he's not supposed to win on speed of attacks. Hell, half of his strings can be guarded mid string even if he attacks (3KP on cb i'm looking at you) or even held on reaction. His stats show this that 'attacks' are a 1/5. So he has a tool that does no damage, pushes the opponent far enough away that the fastest attack with enough range he can do is i16 meaning the opponent has 5 frames of movement available to them. The throw was granting him a way to fight fast speed characters. It was following his stats and allowed him pressure while still allowing the opponent a way out.

Seriously, I can't tell you how stupid this nerf is and how pissed off I am.

Meanwhile, Hayabusa gets to KEEP his AIR attacking 3H+K // PP4PK which not only gives +9 on guard break, can't be interrupted with anything but a mid kick hold, gives him a knockdown mix-up, but is also a visibly linear AIR attack that TRACKS.

Yeah. Balance. pft.:

iblkDe8C40KUMx.gif

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Well, you know that this is pretty unfair and it's all thanks to someone or a whole group's bias. I actually cancelled my pre-order just because Hayashi himself had given his word to me that things were gonna get better.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
as THE Bass player back in the Bass heyday, obviously I was excited to hear a lot of doa3.1 elements returning to Bass and was disappointed to hear about this unnecessary nerf to 6KP. However, just found out that 6KP still guarantees a pick up if it hits a non juggled opponent. Its just in juggles that the pick up isnt free. The nerf is still dumb and hopefully undone in a future patch.

AHHH DOA5, the return of Tom Brady Bass lol..

Yeah and he gets a free 6KP off of 214H+P 6H+P combo throw.

MeanMrMustard

I've been saying this for a while. I'm really sick of all the nerfs that have been made. The game was looking amazingly good, and now after all these changes it looks more like DOA4.5.

Einzelkind

Well, I guess the only option is to make a list with improvement suggestions after release like they did on 8wayrun. This way the characters that really need it like Ryu will get buffs while overpowered characters like Helena and Lisa get what they deserve: nerfs, nerfs, nerfs. I hope they think about implementing a way for Helena to inflict damage on herself to make her truly technical and challenging. Maybe everytime she uses the Bokuho duck or a mid punch?

Chaos

I've been saying this for a while. I'm really sick of all the nerfs that have been made. The game was looking amazingly good, and now after all these changes it looks more like DOA4.5.
:eek: I was saying the same thing, all these nerfs is pissing me off and its killing the hype. :(

Doa_Eater

Wait a minute, Bass has been nerfed for the final build, from having the 3.1 game play in the gamescom build? And of all the characters it's just Bass?

This nerfing is making me nervous.

TRI Mike

It's very unfortunate. Many things that were awesome before are gone now. But I still think DOA5 is the best game in the franchise so far.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
If it helps any, I found a 156 dmg combo in open space off HCT Grizzly Launcher. 105 on NT. This is of course if his 6PK hasn't changed by final build from GVN build.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
If you have a sports car and end up getting pulled over for going a couple of miles over the limit, which of these two would you do in order to prevent getting pulled over again?

A) "It's better to be calm and patient while driving in the road". Drive slower.

B) "The vehicle is too fast. I need to make some modifications to this already perfect car.
emot-pseudo.gif
". Modify the car so that is goes slower.

Last chance, Team Ninja.

Zeo

So... how many characters so far have gotten nerfs that we know of? All that comes to mind is Helena and Bass.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD