Bayman Vs Gen tips?

SEPHITR0TH

OMG! this is fricken annoying, Everytime I fight Gen and when I see other fight Gen its like
no holds work and grabs are interrupted in the weirdest of ways. anyone else have tips on getting over on Gen with Bayman?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
1. Advance hold mid punches a lot.... because thats 90% of Genfu's movelist and you can get away with it.

2. Recognize that his mids are stupid fast. His mids will beat your high jab. Yes, he is that dumb. Don't try to rush him out of the gate because if Genfu is smart he will win every time.

3. He is linear. His tracking moves don't really do much to you, so abuse tank roll when possible.

4. He's old and liable to just die in the middle of the round.

SEPHITR0TH

LMAO! at number 4, the whole thing about the mids is what pissed me off, My timing must be stupid off cause i keep getting caught smh especially if they do super slow combos. Its probably my frustration that leads to my downfall

Genereaver

On the subject of holds, what should I do after Bayman's high and mid parries? Kicks give him +10, but I don't know what will reach that far fast enough, and punches are only +6.

shunwong

1. Advance hold mid punches a lot.... because thats 90% of Genfu's movelist and you can get away with it.

A good Gen Fu will try to: 1. Use his non mid punch attacks too (like 1P for example) 2. Use his mid punches in an offbeat way, like following the metrics of a Frank Zappa song, so to speak. But yeah, hold mid punch FTW. I wish Gen wasn't so mid punch centric.

4. He's old and liable to just die in the middle of the round.

Didn't you know? His fists only get stronger with age!

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
On the subject of holds, what should I do after Bayman's high and mid parries? Kicks give him +10, but I don't know what will reach that far fast enough, and punches are only +6.

Nothing is guaranteed. You simply use that as an opportunity to press your offense, be it an offensive hold or 236K or whatever.

SEPHITR0TH

Currently I follow up his high "uppercut" hold with a grab or a knockdown attack since the leave Bayman very close to the opponents back after the original move. I saw a combo video that suggests following up most of your combos with throws, I currently do that. A quick tank roll forward plus a grab works wonders to chip away health.
Difficult to do online for me though I get a laggy connection most of the time :-/ can't wait to switch to Fios

Souichiro

After parrying a kick i most of the time D.D.T if timed right its succesfull and im succesfull with that tactic 9/10 times unless i screw up my timing. After Parrying middle i quickly follow with:
1: :3::P::P::6::K: whereas...

1a) if they block cancel into side roll + scissors grab
1b) If they dont block, i still cancel at :6::K: because i want to keep them stunned but avoid knocking them down, so i can press with my offense, usually with a :236::P:, so i can then follow with the :3::K::3::P+K::H+P: which does decent damage but most importantly leaves you at a fantastic position for avoiding wakeup kicks.

2) :4::1::236: :H+P: :5: :4::H+P:.
In theory parrying mid punches or using Baymans :4::4::H+P: leaves you at enough advantage to follow up with that throw. So far i've been succesfull with it but i still have my doubts on whether the opponent can actually counter that somehow, due to insufficient testing. Use at your discretion.

Sou-chan out!

TakedaZX

Does Bayman have a 4 frame grab? I can't find it.

Anyway, So what do we do offensively against Gen if the guy is turtling up, perhaps across the map, or just outside of the effective range? What are some effective get in moves? His 66k seems nice, but it's terribly unsafe on block(-16, FUCK)... but there's gotta be more than that

Souichiro

66k is a move i personally like very much howver when used to close in it becomes way too obvious because of its slow animation. A strike player will most likely counter which will hurt but the real pain comes from a grappler which can low def it and then immediately low grab it. fire bullet(:4::P+K:) is another option for closing in which also has two downsides in my opinion.
1) its a bit slow
2) difficult to use while running-dashing. in doa4 the directional input was reversed which made it easier to use while running. Why the hell they changed the input in DOA5 is beyond me...

Genereaver

Does Bayman have a 4 frame grab? I can't find it.

Anyway, So what do we do offensively against Gen if the guy is turtling up, perhaps across the map, or just outside of the effective range? What are some effective get in moves? His 66k seems nice, but it's terribly unsafe on block(-16, FUCK)... but there's gotta be more than that
If he does, I haven't found it; of the grabs I've tested, his fastest is his :H+P: at 5f.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Bayman does not rush in, however you will find that the mere threat of 66K will do wonders in making an opponent hesitate which opens up his other tools.

Never forget to use 214P into backturned shenanigans. You must learn how to pressure with this move.

Remember... like an officer with a riot shield. Approach slowly with your guard up, get right up to your opponent, then attack. No need to rush in. You have plenty of defensive options if they want to attack first.

TakedaZX

Bayman does not rush in, however you will find that the mere threat of 66K will do wonders in making an opponent hesitate which opens up his other tools.

Never forget to use 214P into backturned shenanigans. You must learn how to pressure with this move.

Remember... like an officer with a riot shield. Approach slowly with your guard up, get right up to your opponent, then attack. No need to rush in. You have plenty of defensive options if they want to attack first.
Alright I see. Thanks.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD