Brad Cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omegan Eckhart

Is this a thread to discuss Brad being BS or a grudge thread? I'll add what I know.

Brad is broken in the sense that he can do things that he isn't designed to do. I played against a Brad with Christie one time, I started the match with 2P he did 4PP and he won out! How does a high crush that comes out that slow beat out a 12 frame low punch? It either crushes lows or comes out in 11 frames...

The hitbox on his rising K from Laying Down Stance is retarded too. When blocking his transitions into stance you can try and poke him with a fast low or a fast uncrushable mid but it wins out regardless. His rising K almost behaves like a DP.

TakedaZX

Is this a thread to discuss Brad being BS or a grudge thread? I'll add what I know.

Brad is broken in the sense that he can do things that he isn't designed to do. I played against a Brad with Christie one time, I started the match with 2P he did 4PP and he won out! How does a high crush that comes out that slow beat out a 12 frame low punch? It either crushes lows or comes out in 11 frames...

The hitbox on his rising K from Laying Down Stance is retarded too. When blocking his transitions into stance you can try and poke him with a fast low or a fast uncrushable mid but it wins out regardless. His rising K almost behaves like a DP.
I'm saying. I mean I can deal with it to some extent but it's like, getting away with so much and for what reason... cause... he's drunk? Anyway if that's the case the damage shouldn't be on the same level as his evasiveness but I'm not gunna talk that kind of balance right now.

As for you Higura, I'm telling the truth no matter what way you want to look at it. No one's really taken a interest to this thread anyway. As far as they're concerned it's not important. If you still want to talk about it here, by all means do, but like Omegan Eckhart just said, his lp got beaten out by a 15 (or more) frame move... is that regular. I don't think so. Also I agree his rising kick from laydown stance is a bit ridiculous... but then again so is his BT 2P+K. A true mid elbow that's fast, crushes highs, and interrupts just about everything.

His head butt is somewhat ridiculous too. The only real way to punish it is to sidestep and hope it whiffs and possibly get the low throw, but you can beat it usually just by low slapping him out of it, which is nice, but in the end it's like... what do I really get off of that? Oh right just pushes you away giving you a slap on the wrist basically for doing the headbutt (unless you do the 236p version instead of while running)

HiguraShiki

I'm saying. I mean I can deal with it to some extent but it's like, getting away with so much and for what reason... cause... he's drunk? Anyway if that's the case the damage shouldn't be on the same level as his evasiveness but I'm not gunna talk that kind of balance right now.

As for you Higura, I'm telling the truth no matter what way you want to look at it. No one's really taken a interest to this thread anyway. As far as they're concerned it's not important. If you still want to talk about it here, by all means do, but like Omegan Eckhart just said, his lp got beaten out by a 15 (or more) frame move... is that regular. I don't think so. Also I agree his rising kick from laydown stance is a bit ridiculous... but then again so is his BT 2P+K. A true mid elbow that's fast, crushes highs, and interrupts just about everything.

His head butt is somewhat ridiculous too. The only real way to punish it is to sidestep and hope it whiffs and possibly get the low throw, but you can beat it usually just by low slapping him out of it, which is nice, but in the end it's like... what do I really get off of that? Oh right just pushes you away giving you a slap on the wrist basically for doing the headbutt (unless you do the 236p version instead of while running)
You are not telling the truth, as I have proven you wrong otherwise. You are basing the fact that out of 15 matches, i had somehow crushed a true mid once and now I am a cheap player.
You are complaining that what many say is a low tier character who was once unsafe is now safe during certain stances, which now makes him viable for tournament play,
You are complaining about his true mid even though it is a mid punch which is easily held. You choose between a mid kick hold, mid punch hold or a grab.
You get a guaranteed low grab after blocking his headbutt. Everyone knows this.

What gets me the most is that you complain after you lost. You never said anything when I was playing against Tenryu, but after I fight you, you have to constantly remind me that you are a better player than me and that I am fucking lucky.

TakedaZX

You are not telling the truth, as I have proven you wrong otherwise. You are basing the fact that out of 15 matches, i had somehow crushed a true mid once and now I am a cheap player.
You are complaining that what many say is a low tier character who was once unsafe is now safe during certain stances, which now makes him viable for tournament play,
You are complaining about his true mid even though it is a mid punch which is easily held. You choose between a mid kick hold, mid punch hold or a grab.
You get a guaranteed low grab after blocking his headbutt. Everyone knows this.

What gets me the most is that you complain after you lost. You never said anything when I was playing against Tenryu, but after I fight you, you have to constantly remind me that you are a better player than me and that I am fucking lucky.
The topic ain't about me and you. It's about Brad. We don't need to bring that conversation to the forums. On topic, it happened. I tested 3H+K earlier, if you go into laydown stance, the first kick will be crushed but not the second... astounding isn't it? Dunno what happened to the last kick in the other situation but regardless, it happened.

As far as how good you are? Winter Brawl. Show me.

HiguraShiki

The topic ain't about me and you. It's about Brad. We don't need to bring that conversation to the forums. On topic, it happened. I tested 3H+K earlier, if you go into laydown stance, the first kick will be crushed but not the second... astounding isn't it? Dunno what happened to the last kick in the other situation but regardless, it happened.

As far as how good you are? Winter Brawl. Show me.
You are such a damn liar. I tested it multiple times and it doesn't even crush the first mid kick of 3H+K. It can't even crush Hitomi's true mids, how the hell is it going to crush Hayate's true mid. Ask anyone else, have everyone on this site test it out, it wont happen. It was either a glitch or you are just lying.
Also stop mentioning your challenge in every post, it's getting extremely aggravating.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Wait. What? I'm confused. I'll test the problem, but what's going on here? Is this a challenge to an offline scene? Or is this about Brad Wong?

J.D.E.

Standard Donor

I definitely take a look. I think the same thing happened to me last night when I fought him. Takeda you was in the lobby with me. I've fought brad like 6xs yesterday on both consoles.

Omegan Eckhart

I definitely take a look. I think the same thing happened to me last night when I fought him. Takeda you was in the lobby with me. I've fought brad like 6xs yesterday on both consoles.
Admittedly this is stuff that has happened online but the connection was really good so I'm hesitant to just blame online for the problem seeing as Brad is the only character I find that gets away with weird shit like this. If it was lag I'd see stuff like this with other charcaters besides Brad. Bearing in mind his Hitbox/Hurtbox data has always been a bit wonky, even back in DOA4.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Yeah true. He's good for the most part though. But ppl tend to hype him up because of his gimmicks too

it does crush the first kick and you can sidestep the second...but it doesnt matter because you can then do the sweep and get a hit on brad so idk how he is broken...and omegan i need a video i tried it and it didnt beat out her 2p...maybe its lag or something.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
It's just lag.

I'm just going to put this out there for everyone so people can stop all of this nonsense bickering over crap.

"Online play" can screw up practically everything in regards to any or most things that involve something in-depth, due to latency. Most things can come out as "random" as opposed to something that would more than likely never happen in offline play. When testing "anything" out in this game, one should always play test everything offline. Because testing something out online will not give the same result as it would offline. And offline play always gives the better, more accurate result.

It's just lag.

I'm just going to put this out there for everyone so people can stop all of this nonsense bickering over crap.

"Online play" can screw up practically everything in regards to any or most things that involve something in-depth, due to latency. Most things can come out as "random" as opposed to something that would more than likely never happen in offline play. When testing "anything" out in this game, one should always play test everything offline. Because testing something out online will not give the same result as it would offline. And offline play always gives the better, more accurate result.
AMEN AMEEEEN tell em again!

TakedaZX

Thanks Hajin.

Like I said before Higura, Online is nuts. Winter Brawl, I'll be there.

You didn't need to bring this argument out, you could've just left it at the question. Now we look like immature idiots, both of us.
it does crush the first kick and you can sidestep the second...but it doesnt matter because you can then do the sweep and get a hit on brad so idk how he is broken...and omegan i need a video i tried it and it didnt beat out her 2p...maybe its lag or something.
He didn't sidestep though unfortunately, he just attacked after the sweep completely whiffed and finished. :/

HiguraShiki

Thanks Hajin.

Like I said before Higura, Online is nuts. Winter Brawl, I'll be there.

You didn't need to bring this argument out, you could've just left it at the question. Now we look like immature idiots, both of us.
He didn't sidestep though unfortunately, he just attacked after the sweep completely whiffed and finished. :/
You know what Takeda, if I do go to winter brawl, I will play you. It wont matter because win or lose you will trash talk me and continue to just make me feel like crap in general.
And for the record, all the stuff you listed about Brad are just minor inconveniences that you do not like about the character. You are the only person I've ever heard complain about Brad's 236P, which is completely unsafe on block.
What else is cheap about Brad? Please explain it. Is it his evasive moves? Is it his damage? What else can possibly make this character broken?

TakedaZX

You know what Takeda, if I do go to winter brawl, I will play you. It wont matter because win or lose you will trash talk me and continue to just make me feel like crap in general.
And for the record, all the stuff you listed about Brad are just minor inconveniences that you do not like about the character. You are the only person I've ever heard complain about Brad's 236P, which is completely unsafe on block.
What else is cheap about Brad? Please explain it. Is it his evasive moves? Is it his damage? What else can possibly make this character broken?
236P is unsafe on block (-8). While Running P (236P from running) isn't. It's -5, which isn't actually unsafe on block. I can't low throw you no matter how fast I mash or time 2T. It will not happen, unless I am a grappler, which I am not. I'm a striker, an man that likes to rushdown at that.

I apologize for calling you a pussy bitch turtler who likes to sit at the edge of the map the whole round...

...but I will not retract my statement of calling you a hypocrite.

I'm glad you feel like crap though. That's how I feel when people like you talk about my character being dumb without actually knowing the FIRST thing about them. I [know] about Brad, I've spent time in the lab learning his ass just so I could know what I'm up against and what I should punish. Stop selling him short.

HiguraShiki

236P is unsafe on block (-8). While Running P (236P from running) isn't. It's -5, which isn't actually unsafe on block. I can't low throw you no matter how fast I mash or time 2T. It will not happen, unless I am a grappler, which I am not. I'm a striker, an man that likes to rushdown at that.

I apologize for calling you a pussy bitch turtler who likes to sit at the edge of the map the whole round...

...but I will not retract my statement of calling you a hypocrite.

I'm glad you feel like crap though. That's how I feel when people like you talk about my character being dumb without actually knowing the FIRST thing about them. I [know] about Brad, I've spent time in the lab learning his ass just so I could know what I'm up against and what I should punish. Stop selling him short.
But I didn't even say anything to you.......
Apparantly it is fine when you constantly kick me on the ground but when I actually win a fight, I am being an asshole.
Why do you feel it is necessary to tell me I am bad?
And how am I selling Brad short? He has good tools now, I admit it, but that doesn't make him a cheap character. If that is the case than Kokoro is cheap because she has safe on block strings, Alpha is cheap because she gets ridiculous damage, Jann Lee and Leifang are cheap because they have better tools than everyone else. All these characters have good tools, the difference is that their tools are much more effective than this character. You never stated Brad was cheap until now, so why now? If you tested him out, you should already know.
Plus I don't deserve to be treated like this. I already apologized for that 2 months ago. All that shows is that you are acting like a hypocrite since you are the one who started this mess.

actually if you block his running P it creates a guessing game in your favor....you see you can try to crouch throw but i can use rising K which of course is slower than your throw but we all know strikes beat throws...but lets say you want to go for a low strike brad can simply roll to the left or right...but the guessing game is in your favor because if you throw out a tracking low strike of course its gonna hit brad and all throws track so yeah...i believe the advantage of running P is to create a guessing game and hope you win...

TakedaZX

actually if you block his running P it creates a guessing game in your favor....you see you can try to crouch throw but i can use rising K which of course is slower than your throw but we all know strikes beat throws...but lets say you want to go for a low strike brad can simply roll to the left or right...but the guessing game is in your favor because if you throw out a tracking low strike of course its gonna hit brad and all throws track so yeah...i believe the advantage of running P is to create a guessing game and hope you win...
Like I said man, online. 1p should beat just about everything brad does... but it doesn't for Hayate. I knew that for sure this whole time yet it didn't really do much for me then. Anyway for shits and giggles I worked a combo off of that, which comes in pretty niceless, I'm gunna test it on my friend tonight, and see if it works. If I'm correct, 1 guess and the rest is guaranteed.

236p still ain't really free steppable which is dumb in the long run, but it's beatable.

HiguraShiki

Like I said man, online. 1p should beat just about everything brad does... but it doesn't for Hayate. I knew that for sure this whole time yet it didn't really do much for me then. Anyway for shits and giggles I worked a combo off of that, which comes in pretty niceless, I'm gunna test it on my friend tonight, and see if it works. If I'm correct, 1 guess and the rest is guaranteed.

236p still ain't really free steppable which is dumb in the long run, but it's beatable.
If a 1P beat out everything Brad does, he would essentially be a useless character. 236P doesn't need to be free steppable because like I said, you get a guaranteed grab for blocking it, which it is relatively easy to block. Thank god we aren't leaving the balancing in your hands.

TakedaZX

If a 1P beat out everything Brad does, he would essentially be a useless character. 236P doesn't need to be free steppable because like I said, you get a guaranteed grab for blocking it, which it is relatively easy to block. Thank god we aren't leaving the balancing in your hands.
do me a favor, go to the lab and do 236P on block it will be -8 of frame advantage. Then I want you to back away and do the running version of it. it will be -5. It is not punishable on block. Only the 236 version is punishable. You're just really adamant on trying to prove me wrong on FACTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD