Brad Wong issues ATTENTION TEAM NINJA

Tones

Premium Donor
Brad Wong has been going under the rader in turns for years now. Want proof, well he has had issues going on with him since DOA4.... That's 8 years of the same issue/s which shouldn't be there at all and with the recent development of him things are clearly not being addressed (and new issues have introduced), so let's get it organized for him to make it easy for Team Ninja to see the issues.

This is not a suggestion page for him, I made another thread just for that.

• DHO k+f k2- You can be Low OHed at during the second kick
  • HS/BTHS 44/66 - Initiating the 44/66 puts you in counter hit stun status despite being hit while in HS (attacking or just sanding about on your hands) and towards the end of the 44/66 just knocks you back to the ground.
  • 4p+h/LHT 6. p+f - New with the patch, directional input is reversed. For the moment
  • 66p+k and 6p+k input confusion issue - 6p+k is almost completely unusable because of the handstand entry input. Prior to DOA5 you could dash in and 6p+k making it a good tool. 6p+k is a good move but now you can't use it at all if touch the forward direction (mainly for spacing purposes) prior. You have to be standing pretty much completely still to use 6p+k. Suggestion: change HS entry input to 9p+k and/or 8p+k.
  • 9pp misses - About 80% on Bass even when they are at closest and Bass is doing absolutely nothing.
  • 9p, 8k. - Fix and tighten crushing/jumping moves evasiveness.
  • 2p - Since 1.03 patch, recovery in standing status instead of crouching confirmed in move info panel, so is not possible to pull off 33p using 2p*3p like in previous version. Yet pressing K during recovery preforms while standing K.
  • BT moves come out backwards if the opponent tech rolls as you initiate the attack.
  • Getting stuck in HS when the opponent freesteps or sidesteps or tech rolls while you're entering it.

HoodsXx

There's also a time where if you go into HS and they end up on the other side of you as you go into it, or the camera random changes, you can't move period, and are stuck in HS. I'll show a video of it soon.

Tones

Premium Donor
Yeah I've been stuck in HS before. All they have to do is freestep or sidestep so you're off by about 45 degrees while you are entering the stance.

Tones

Premium Donor
TEAM NINJA BETTER BLOODY LOOK AT THIS THREAD BEFORE DOA5U IS RELEASED!!!!!!!!

Tones

Premium Donor
BT moves come out backwards if the opponent tech rolls as you initiate the attack.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Hey Tones can you sumarize in first post all bugs reported the rest of the thread, please...? It's in order to make TN easy to get the info and thus make it more likely to Brad become fixed in DAO5U...

There another Brad's issues I've found:
  • 9pp misses about 80% on Bass even when they are at closest and Bass is doing absolutely nothing.
  • A lot of jumping moves can be poked by low moves! I though the syste rule is to crouch for avoid highs and jump to avoid lows, so an very evasive character like Brad's is not that evasive because this kind of system bug. Example: 9p.
  • I don't know what happened to 2p in 1.03 patch, now it seems to recover in standing status instead of crouching, so is not possible to pull off 33p using 2p*3p like in initial version :S It's very weird because while stading k does ocurr after 2p but info panel show status "standing" in last(s) frame(s)...

Tulkas

Premium Donor
There's a glitch with 1h+k which make brad instantly get in normal standing when hit, recovery animation is skipped. It has happened at least 6 times when playing offline with my friends but I can upload it because my friend has not xbox live...

Also I've notice same that happens with 2p also happens with other moves as 1k. 33p should be pulled of consistently of all moves that let brad in crouching or while raising state actualy 3p works works after some moves (such as 33p) but other not (as posted previously)...

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Can or can't they low throw you on a blocked/whiffed 1k+f
The glitch doesn't ocurr when blocked or wiffed, it only happens some rare times on successful hit. As far I remember now, opp gets stunned as usual so they can't throw me anyway. The only rare thing only happens to Brad as I explained before.

Seppu

There's a glitch with 1h+k which make brad instantly get in normal standing when hit, recovery animation is skipped. It has happened at least 6 times when playing offline with my friends but I can upload it because my friend has not xbox live...
is this what you're talking about?

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Yes yes! Thas what happened to me sometimes. I forgot to mention it also happened with 2h+p. It's curious it never happened to me when opponent blocks.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD