Character development *Future patch discussion*

Brute

Standard Donor
Hm, seems to provide a bit of knock-back, unfortunately. Frame advantage looks pretty negligible, but at least it's not negative on NH anymore. That was some bullshit.

SilverForte

Hm, seems to provide a bit of knock-back, unfortunately. Frame advantage looks pretty negligible, but at least it's not negative on NH anymore. That was some bullshit.

Well he did land it there at pretty much max distance. This will finally give ryu some decent mixups in string, alongside his new mid punch, maybe this will help to make up for the 3 h+k nerf.

TakedaZX

The fuck... Why would they do that to 3h+k... ugh.

Anyway, I find it weird that they're giving a Mugen Tenshin technique to Ryu seeing as it's not really much different from Ayane's PKK. Master even said H+KKK is still better so I don't see why the really added it... there's much other things that could've been done for Ryu to make him a better character just with what he had... like the 4p2p change and maybe other new moves inspired from NG. Hell I would've liked to see another shoho like combo that leads into the Underworld Drop...

Oh well though, I suppose there's much more to test and add. I just hope they rethink 3h+k... and also I hope 66K becomes a launcher at max threshold with the same height as 4K or better.

Brute

Standard Donor
The fuck... Why would they do that to 3h+k... ugh.

Anyway, I find it weird that they're giving a Mugen Tenshin technique to Ryu seeing as it's not really much different from Ayane's PKK. Master even said H+KKK is still better so I don't see why the really added it... there's much other things that could've been done for Ryu to make him a better character just with what he had... like the 4p2p change and maybe other new moves inspired from NG. Hell I would've liked to see another shoho like combo that leads into the Underworld Drop...

Oh well though, I suppose there's much more to test and add. I just hope they rethink 3h+k... and also I hope 66K becomes a launcher at max threshold with the same height as 4K or better.
I sent 'em a message on FB about it. Doubt they'll listen, but you never know.

I thought the same about the visual. Looked like a Hajin-mon technique to me. I always liked RYu's style being very distinct from the Mugen ninja. In another odd twist, Momiji's punches look closest to Hayate's, despite being a Hayabusa-clan disciple. Silly TN...

SilverForte

Well, Ryu did help Hayate after he regained his memory, with training and such, maybe we can just assume Hayate learned some stuff from Ryu.

TakedaZX

I sent 'em a message on FB about it. Doubt they'll listen, but you never know.

I thought the same about the visual. Looked like a Hajin-mon technique to me. I always liked RYu's style being very distinct from the Mugen ninja. In another odd twist, Momiji's punches look closest to Hayate's, despite being a Hayabusa-clan disciple. Silly TN...
Exactly. Ryu is one of a kind and I feel like it should always be that way. That's why I liked him so much when I picked him up.

I still don't see why Momiji has Hayate's 6PP and his 3PP (basically). What kind of crap is that? -sigh- I don't know about the directions they're taking but I think they can be a little more original and stick to things. If they were going to give Ayane's PKK to anyone it'd probably be Hayate given the history.

In DOA3 they gave Hayate Kasumi's 7K and a few ways into it similar to how she can pp7k or kk7k, etc. They also gave him 4KK like hers which launched and they had the same 6p. On top of that, Nakiryu was his form of Oboro while keeping his own spin on it.

In DOA4 he retained the raw 7k but lost the other string enders with it along with the flip which has returned. In addition he obtained Ayane's BT 7K (he may have had this in DOA3), as well as a 66KKK animation that he and Ayane shared. Another thing he got was his wind dash which had a similar start up to Kasumi's 3P+K which is basically her own wind dash.

To push it further, DOA4 Hayate was considered Mugen-Tenshin "Hajin" rather than "Tenjin" in the DOA4 frame data (link) as his fighting style. This would only go to prove that Hayate is one of those characters that pulls from both styles of his clans while not being too much like his sisters and still holding his own moves (including some of Ein's moves to show that he's still evolving).

There's really other things to be done for Ryu but I don't think WR H+K was one of them and even if they did give it to Hayate to keep up the trend, they would need to make it a two piece move again so that it'd have some mix-up value. But anyway yea...

#BuffHayabusa #BuffHayate #BuffDOA5U

Well, Ryu did help Hayate after he regained his memory, with training and such, maybe we can just assume Hayate learned some stuff from Ryu.
Maybe but the thing you have backwards is that WR H+K for Hayabusa is simply Ayane's PKK without the P and without the ability to cancel the last unsafe mid. I assume it's a Mugen-Tenshin technique... but Ayane does hand around Ryu... I'm really sure that one in particular is Mugen-Tenshin though because Ryu's old handstand stance had a similar movement but it was more like Brad Wongs handstand H+K.

MajesticBlue

We get the low....and they take away the mid....*sigh*

While it may be obvious what we are going for, god forbid somebody have 2 good options out of a string, we do have that new low throw Izuna. Sounds pretty nasty. 4P2P is like perfect Izuna bait. I just hope you can combo after it. Chances are we can't with decent SE unless they buffed the move more then i think they did. Maybe it is stronger then it's DoaD self. It is a different stun for sure.

I just can't figure out why they only want to leave him with one obvious option out of everything lol. I am gonna just hope for the best that they tweaked his frame data to make sense now. If we roughly get what we see now though without many other changes it could get ugly lol. This whole thing is like a bad wishing meme. I got the low I wanted but they took away the guard break.

Also I just really hope the buffer is better, yeah Iknow I always say this but still. I don't know if it is just me but the game looks faster. So maybe that is a good sign.

TakedaZX

We get the low....and they take away the mid....*sigh*

While it may be obvious what we are going for, god forbid somebody have 2 good options out of a string, we do have that new low throw Izuna. Sounds pretty nasty. 4P2P is like perfect Izuna bait. I just hope you can combo after it. Chances are we can't with decent SE unless they buffed the move more then i think they did. Maybe it is stronger then it's DoaD self. It is a different stun for sure.

I just can't figure out why they only want to leave him with one obvious option out of everything lol. I am gonna just hope for the best that they tweaked his frame data to make sense now. If we roughly get what we see now though without many other changes it could get ugly lol. This whole thing is like a bad wishing meme. I got the low I wanted but they took away the guard break.

Also I just really hope the buffer is better, yeah Iknow I always say this but still. I don't know if it is just me but the game looks faster. So maybe that is a good sign.

Well I'd imagine they dropped it because of 4p6p. It's a decent stun though it's unsafe. I'm bummed about them dropping my guard pressure though and it really sucks too because that new animation is like something that you'd love to see guard break then pressure after... it'd be nice if they gave that back.

Anyway, so it hits two times now? What's the purpose? Does it stun?

Nameless Sama

So guys I am back now xD. I have missed you guys xD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Costumes: Which costumes are missing? The answer is easy. We need the classic Hayabusa Outfit + Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 the blue white dragon armor outfit + the White paladin armor outfit from DOAU + doa 3 the black suit with long hair.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Gameplay : It seems that Ryu are more faster in dead or alive 5 ultimate. The spinning Kick are fucking awesome. I think it will be one of his usefull moves but his handstandskills are just badass and helpful. It seems that Ryu has a new Win pose in dead or alive5 ultimate. Watch the video with Master vs Chosen E3 gameplay go to last point where master beat chosen.
Tag Team : Ughhh. I just wanted to see the Tag Intro Pose and theTag Win pose with Momiji and Ryu (._.) and with Hayate/Ryu and Ayane/Ryu. The Tag Team Hayate and Kasumi are just awesome. Hayate you copier xD. He get the almost the same Ninja Gaiden outfit with Ryu xD. I hope all special characters get more badass Tag throws and Tag Intros and Tag Win Pose. I hope TN will edit the Tag Throw with Ryu and Kasumi.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Others: I will only buy Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate for 360. I think they will bring this game for PS4 too.

★Nameless★ :hayabusa:

SilverForte

Well I'd imagine they dropped it because of 4p6p. It's a decent stun though it's unsafe. I'm bummed about them dropping my guard pressure though and it really sucks too because that new animation is like something that you'd love to see guard break then pressure after... it'd be nice if they gave that back.

Anyway, so it hits two times now? What's the purpose? Does it stun?

Doesn't seem like it from the vid I watched, looks like it causes a hard knockdown like the old move. It may have a different effect on counter hit or aerial hit, but dunno yet.

And the new helicopter kicks don't look very good, all they do is cause a hard knockdown and they don't do much damage. Maybe they will cause a groundbounce or somethin on aerial hit.

The new mid looks good, pretty fast looking and looks like it tracks. We dunno how safe it is yet, but it looks like finally ryu has a decent, fast stunning mid.

TakedaZX

Doesn't seem like it from the vid I watched, looks like it causes a hard knockdown like the old move. It may have a different effect on counter hit or aerial hit, but dunno yet.

And the new helicopter kicks don't look very good, all they do is cause a hard knockdown and they don't do much damage. Maybe they will cause a groundbounce or somethin on aerial hit.

The new mid looks good, pretty fast looking and looks like it tracks. We dunno how safe it is yet, but it looks like finally ryu has a decent, fast stunning mid.

Unfortunate. I only don't think the WR H+K kicks fit Ryu because it's a Mugen-Tenshin (Hajin) technique, like the animation is completely from Ayane exactly, plus quick hits like that don't really ever fall into his category. He's kinda just like bam, bam, bam, for his strikes. Ayane is kinda like tick-a-tick. I hope that makes sense but what I'm saying is they don't really seem like they should be there and H+KKK/PPKKK will do better damage and the same effect anyway. That's just me though.

Yea that new mid seems legit. I wanna know the data on it to see how it'll work out.

#BuffHayabusa

To Costumes: Which costumes are missing? The answer is easy. We need the classic Hayabusa Outfit + Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 the blue white dragon armor outfit + the White paladin armor outfit from DOAU + doa 3 the black suit with long hair.
To Gameplay : It seems that Ryu are more faster in dead or alive 5 ultimate. The spinning Kick are fucking awesome. I think it will be one of his usefull moves but his handstandskills are just badass and helpful. It seems that Ryu has a new Win pose in dead or alive5 ultimate. Watch the video with Master vs Chosen E3 gameplay go to last point where master beat chosen.
Tag Team : Ughhh. I just wanted to see the Tag Intro Pose and theTag Win pose with Momiji and Ryu (._.) and with Hayate/Ryu and Ayane/Ryu. The Tag Team Hayate and Kasumi are just awesome. Hayate you copier xD. He get the almost the same Ninja Gaiden outfit with Ryu xD. I hope all special characters get more badass Tag throws and Tag Intros and Tag Win Pose. I hope TN will edit the Tag Throw with Ryu and Kasumi.
Others: I will only buy Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate for 360. I think they will bring this game for PS4 too.

Yea Hayate really is the genuine copy cat Ninja. His whole style is built upon:

1. Ein's style
2. Kasumi's Tenjin-mon style
3. Ayane's Hajin-mon style
4. His own spin of being the breez-- I mean "Wind".

I think they should stick to that trend while continuing to give him his own flare at the same time. It's really worked out and it especially worked out in DOA4.

UpSideDownGRUNT

The "new" win pose is from DoA2/U so it looks they brought some old classics back with any luck they'll bring back more than just that one and more intros from DoA4.

as for the tags, it doesn't look like Hayabusa gets one with Hayate/Ayane just the throws and victory pose with Hayate as usual he should have a proper tag with them I mean geez if Ein has a tag with Hayate surely they can make one for Hayabusa and Ayane ¬_¬

Gameplay wise Busa seems to be a mixed bag he's much faster and in some cases stronger however 3H+K has been severely nerfed and with what MASTER said on DOAW it seems he's more unsafe than ever with any luck he has some more tools to counter this or will have by release. also he now has a new move 33F+P which seems to be the Yoko-Izuna(61+H) but as a standard low throw possibly an OH haven't seen it in action yet since all the gameplay videos minus MASTER vs CH0SEN1 have been pretty bad.

and costumes, so far it seems minus the DLC only Spirit of the Fighter is new :/ with any luck this will be changed via release we NEED DoA2U C2/DoA3 C1/3

TakedaZX

The "new" win pose is from DoA2/U so it looks they brought some old classics back with any luck they'll bring back more than just that one and more intros from DoA4.

as for the tags, it doesn't look like Hayabusa gets one with Hayate/Ayane just the throws and victory pose with Hayate as usual he should have a proper tag with them I mean geez if Ein has a tag with Hayate surely they can make one for Hayabusa and Ayane ¬_¬

Gameplay wise Busa seems to be a mixed bag he's much faster and in some cases stronger however 3H+K has been severely nerfed and with what MASTER said on DOAW it seems he's more unsafe than ever with any luck he has some more tools to counter this or will have by release. also he now has a new move 33F+P which seems to be the Yoko-Izuna(61+H) but as a standard low throw possibly an OH haven't seen it in action yet since all the gameplay videos minus MASTER vs CH0SEN1 have been pretty bad.

and costumes, so far it seems minus the DLC only Spirit of the Fighter is new :/ with any luck this will be changed via release we NEED DoA2U C2/DoA3 C1/3

I think Hayabusa and Ayane used to have one. I'm pretty sure Ryu and Hayate had one before... or at least Ryu and Ein did, which is dumb... oh well though. I'm sure if they're gunna give Hayate and Kasumi a win pose finally, they'll think of something for Ryu Ayane and and Ryu Hayate.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I think Hayabusa and Ayane used to have one. I'm pretty sure Ryu and Hayate had one before... or at least Ryu and Ein did, which is dumb... oh well though. I'm sure if they're gunna give Hayate and Kasumi a win pose finally, they'll think of something for Ryu Ayane and and Ryu Hayate.

Hayabusa had a full tag team with Ein(one I'm excited to use again) he only has a throw with Ayane and a throw/win pose with Hayate. but most of the tags never really made much sense like how Ein and Hitomi never had a tag until just now

TakedaZX

Hayabusa had a full tag team with Ein(one I'm excited to use again) he only has a throw with Ayane and a throw/win pose with Hayate. but most of the tags never really made much sense like how Ein and Hitomi never had a tag until just now

Ein and Hitomi always had a tag throw, well in DOA4 at least. It's the same one they have now.

Nameless Sama

Oh man the most failure will be if Ryu and Momiji only have Tag Throw not Tag intro or Win Pose. That can be true!!! Hayate and Ryu know each other very well. They are like brothers and even they have only Tag Throw and Tag Intro but where is the Tag Intro? (-_-)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD