WAZAAAAA

The data shows how much distance every character travels in the first 13 frames of a single backdash.
It can prove useful to understand which characters are the most efficient at chaining multiple backdashes in a row (also known as Korean Back Dash, KBD input is 215215 or 214214)

SkaKVBj.png

Some observations and trivia:
- TOP 3 BEST: Kula/NiCO, Rig... although it depends on what frames we're observing, because for example Momiji dominates the race up to frame 6, but gets surpassed later on (the point of reference is the sum of frames 1~13)
- TOP 3 WORST: Tamaki, Raidou, Nyotengu (the point of reference is the sum of frames 1~13)
- only Brad Wong and Raidou have a 30F long backdash, everyone else is 29F
- on average, backdashes travel the longest distance during frames 4~13. Starting from frame 14 the distance traveled drops significantly. With this information, if your character is blessed with a good backdash, cancelling one after frame 13 is usually the best timing you could possibly do
- Ayane/Kasumi/Phase-4 have perfectly identical backdashes down to the last decimal. Other couples that are almost identical but functionally the same are Kula/NiCO, Mila/Rachel, Hayate/Hayabusa, Helena/Tina
- on average among all characters the "strongest" frame is F5, and the weakest is F29. Out of all backdashes, the record of longest distance traveled in a single frame belongs to Honoka F6 (0.07226745m), and the shortest distance belongs to Diego F24 (-0.01461487m, yes negative number he's moving FORWARD)

How the info was extrapolated, and some boring details:
The numbers are based on the Distance value reported by the in-game Skill Info 2nd page, but memory reading and writing of the game process RAM on PC were used to extract more precise values with more decimals.
The starting distance between the two characters before the backdash started was manipulated to stay at a perfect 2.00m distance (200.000000) in a slightly convoluted but consistent way:
- using Cheat Engine, the idle animation of player 2 side was replaced (via freezing) with move ID 0x62C4 ("flying towards wall for wall hit"), which is an animation that perfectly freezes the opponent in place forever coordinates wise (shoutouts to @AlexXsWx for suggesting this ID. The slightly less accurate alternative would've been setting Ayane dummy set to crouch)
- using CE, the characters X/Z coordinates were frozen and unfrozen by doing Advanced Options -> select all -> right click -> Replace with code that does nothing/Restore with original code. This is necessary because freezing the coordinates with the comfy checkbox is not enough
- an AutoHotkey script was used to read and print addresses every game frame to a text file, like a log (I could've outputted even more decimals but I messed up here somehow. I hate floats)
- CE speedhack hotkeys were used to pause & play the game frame-by-frame
In the end the final workflow to grab distance data looked like this:
Code:
0. training mode in training stage, freeze player 2 move ID to 62C4 (decimal=25284) with the checkbox (only need to do this once to have it forever)
1. block coordinates movement with "Replace with code that does nothing"
2. reset stage position to return to 2.00m distance
3. start logging with AHK
4. set speedhack to 0.02 to slowly input a backdash frame-by-frame, pause the game with speedhack 0.00 the EXACT FRAME before the actual backdash begins (observe P1_MoveFrame and P2_MoveID in CE to know), "Restore with original code", let the backdash complete
5. stop logging, open the logfile with Notepad++, copy the distance column related to the backdash frames with Alt+LeftClick, paste to spreadsheet (LibreOffice Calc)
6. repeat for every character

You can download the stuff I used for the chart. The archive includes:
- the full spreadsheet with all 29/30 backdash frames listed, the raw unprocessed distance data, and a second chart that measures the average efficiency of each single backdash frame among all characters
- the Cheat Table .CT file with all the addresses I used
- the AutoHotkey .AHK script used for logging the data programmatically
LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3eivkeb8d6n2zpe/DOA6_backdash_distance_chart.zip/file

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Despite I haven't kept up with DOA6's newest character in terms of gameplay, never thought I'd see the day that there will be a character worse than Raidou in terms of KBD even if it's only slightly worse from what i'm seeing in the chart ahaha.

I'll post it in the comp group for data reference.

WAZAAAAA

just realized the 3 DOA6 girl newcomers are either the absolute best or the absolute worst in the chart, there is no middle ground Lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD