Collector's Edition Mock-up

Madian

I hate to be a nay sayer but I'm just not particularly impressed by this CE. The bikini collection is available by pre-order regardless. The soundtrack is easily obtained outside of buying the CE. I've never seen an art book for one of these CE's that was actually good. The only thing you really get out of this is the fancy case and I don't think it's a big selling point for me. I'm afraid I'm sticking with an ordinary copy for pre-order

Doug Nguyen

Yeah the only thing you get for pre ordering is the bunny suits. They said the bathing suits will be dlc later though. I bet it will be 400 point.

DriftSlave

I hate to be a nay sayer but I'm just not particularly impressed by this CE. The bikini collection is available by pre-order regardless. The soundtrack is easily obtained outside of buying the CE. I've never seen an art book for one of these CE's that was actually good. The only thing you really get out of this is the fancy case and I don't think it's a big selling point for me. I'm afraid I'm sticking with an ordinary copy for pre-order
How many times do people have to say this to make it clear.

The DLC swimsuits in the Collectors Edition ARE NOT THE SAME AS THE PRE_ORDER ONES

The Collector Edition clearly says premium DLC for 12 female characters and shows Kasumi in her pink poka dot bikini. The Pre-Order Swimsuits are the bunny ones for select female characters via packs(Angel/Devil).

Actually running down the Value of this collectors edition is like this.
your paying $15-20 on a OST then $30+ for an artbook, So your already ahead, the on disk DLC is whatever, and poster/steelcase is what it is. but your still saving more then buying any of the stuff alone...

Madian

Okay so DLC that may or may not be available later. I stand corrected.

But outside of a little extra fan service I don't see anything particularly grabbing about this Collector's Edition.

The steel case looks cool though.

I would be all over this if it had a "making of" video. Especially considering how knowledgeable the developers seem to be from their blog entries. Something like that or a maybe short film or comic book.

At least it doesn't include a body pillow...

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Well Personally I would like to have it for the soundtrack ..
This would help me greatly when recording my videos...

TheOtherJN

You know, I'm surprised how torn I am between cancelling my pre-order of the CE. I thought I was a rational person. Dead or Alive 5 proves otherwise.

I could get it for $80 not including shipping and handling, or I could pre-order the standard edition for $50 (10% off) + free shipping, saving $30+ (maybe $40), in the process.

But once I think about the fact that I can probably buy another game for just $10 more, it makes reality easier to swallow. Yet I'm still torn. What is up with that? The presentation is too good.

Dravidian

Yeah I had mixed feeling as well about cancelling my newegg preorder ($47.99) and possible going for the CE.

Then I thought about it, sure I'm technically saving money, but how much of the CE extras do I actually want? The Soundtrack is alright at best, the swimsuits-while lovely- are not something I'd use in a match(Helena must always be lady like, and looks better in her regular outfits anyway), I hate fuzzy bikinis(including the bunny outfits), the steel case doesnt look very cool, the artbook would be cool if I couldnt find pics online a few hours after it releases -_-, and the poster is cool.

So out of those things, the poster is the only thing I really want that I'd having a hard time getting my hands on....if ebay didnt exist. And the only time I'd bother with the bikinis is if there was a model viewer mode. And I'm pretty sure I'd be able to find somene selling dlc codes for well under $12, the price I'm saving for ordering on newegg.

besides 85.59(price of CE w/tax)-47.99=$37.60
Plenty of money to buy just the parts of the CE I want.

TheOtherJN

Dammit. Looks like there are differences between the CE for the Japanese and NA region: the Japanese gamers have more content in their DoA 5 CE. Well, it's fair considering they have to pay a higher price for it

From Mr. Wah's Article - Andriasang reports DOA5 Collector's Edition (Japanese Only Currently)
Andriasang has reported that the Dead or Alive Japanese release will be accompanied by a Collector's Edition version of the game. The price is hefty at ¥11,340 (~$130 USD), with the regular edition being priced at a 'more modest' ¥8,190 (~$100 USD). The details consist of th
e following package material:
  • Official Visual (Picture) book
  • Soundtrack CD
  • Eight (8) Poster Cards
  • Ten (10) Special Character Metal Plates
  • DLC Code for Twelve (12) "Premium Sexy Costumes"
  • The initial printing will have exclusive Ayane & Kasumi 'Premium Sexy Costumes' not a part of the other twelve (Available in both the Normal and Collectors Edition versions)
Japanese Collector's Edition
28a84243.png

phoenix1985gr

Well here it specifically says DLC Code for Twelve (12) "Premium Sexy Costumes" so thank god Pai is in it! (on some sites they just say premium bikini suits for all females without a number...) Unless of course alpha has one

IceMage95

I preordered the CE a couple weeks back. Really excited to see what DOA5 has in store as well as savoring the nice goodies, especially the soundtrack.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD