Community Spolight: CrazySteady

Julius Rage

Its that time again folks!

This week we took a few minutes to talk to Steadman Gibbs aka CrazySteady. A founding member of the (New) Nexus clan, Crazy and I broached a variety of topics :The loss of a family member, how he ranks his online and offline accomplishments, the pecking order of the Nexus and disrespecting me.

Strap in, we got another hot one for ya!

Rage2.jpg

JR:Since many on the web site may not be aware, I want to begin by asking about the fund raiser you started to help pay for your trip to The Fall Classic. Where did you get the idea from and how close are you to meeting your goal – how has the support from within the community been?

Steady_G.jpg

Crazy: It’s going pretty well! I got the idea from Facebook. Somebody wanted to go to EVO so I thought to myself, "why not try the same thing to see what I get!". A couple people have donated so far and we’re currently sitting around $93 USD. The goal is $200 so I’ve got a ways to go. It’s the only way I’ll be able to make it to TFC, so if you’re interested in helping out that’d be great!

Rage2.jpg

JR: Can you provide us with a link to the donation page?

Steady_G.jpg

Crazy: Sure,
https://www.wepay.com/donations/CrazyAtTFC

Rage2.jpg

This wouldn’t be your first offline tournament either – reading through the bio you posted for Tones Dead or Alive player compilation you placed 4th at the “IPL/Hot Import Nights” event last year. You also list two 1st place finishes as well as a 2nd – these we’re online victories. My question is: Which accomplishments do you take more pride in, the offline or online victories?

Steady_G.jpg

Both are at the same level to me. Offline and online aren’t really as different as people make it out to be, so I am proud of all of my accomplishments. I wouldn’t trade one for the other.

Rage2.jpg

Here’s a few more stats for you: There was a thread posted on the website that asked members to list their top 3 players. Out of the 40 who participated only 4 listed you as in their top 3; of those 4, 2 placed you at 1st and the others put you at 3rd best. Do you think that’s fair and what can you do to get people to view you as one of the best players in the community?

Steady_G.jpg

Yes, I think that’s fair. I don’t consider myself the best but I’m working my way there and I think attending another offline will help prove I belong.

Rage2.jpg

Is being the best something that motivates you?

Steady_G.jpg

I don’t play to be a top player. My dad passed away and he was a big fan [Of DOA] and since it was something he liked to see me do its something I want to keep doing.

Rage2.jpg

Sorry to hear about your father man, was he himself a player?

Steady_G.jpg

Thanks…
No, he didn’t play but he loved to watch me and my brother do it.

Rage2.jpg

Lets transition to another topic: The Nexus. NCR, Final Round, Winter Brawl, NEC – all won by Nexus members. In fact, if we’re counting, you guys have just under 10 top 8 finishes at majors in house – that’s consistency and that’s something sponsors look for. Is that something your group has talked about at all?

Steady_G.jpg

Actually yeah, we have talked about it! We feel we’re good enough as a group to go out and win tournaments consistently and its something we are working towards.

Rage2.jpg

Who is the best Nexus player?

Steady_G.jpg

EMann.

Rage2.jpg

Looks like you were ready for that one. . .ok, who are the top 5 then?

Steady_G.jpg

1. Electrified Mann
  2. CrazySteady
  3. Evil Dancer
  4. Sweet Revenge
  5. J Gonzales
Rage2.jpg

Hmm, what about Caliburbladez?

Steady_G.jpg

Hes good, but we don’t play all that much. . .so its kind of difficult for me to say how good he is. The matches are always close but I usually come out on top – but he could very well be in the top 5.

Rage2.jpg

Dream Scenerio: You face Electrified Mann in the finals at The Fall Classic, who comes out on top?

Steady_G.jpg

It’ll be a good match for sure but I’m not going out there to lose and I’m bringing some new characters with me too. It’s a guarantee that I’ll win, its for the people who are supporting me after all, so I’ve got to do it!

Rage2.jpg

Two more questions and then we’ll hit the bar.

First. . .whats with all the kids saying "Bij" now?

Steady_G.jpg

LOL, its just another way to say b****h. DOA’s text filtering blocks out the actual word, so we just started calling each other that.

Rage2.jpg

Lastly. . .who’s got the better hair: Julius Rage or CrazySteady?

Steady_G.jpg

CrazySteady and, ya know what else. . .F' that, I want to change my top 5 - I'm number 1.

Hold up man.
wee-bey-gif.gif

Know what? We're done here.

End/

Julius Rage

Its all about Steady, he could have easily gave us a bunch of generic answers but he was willing to put himself out there and thats what really made it good.

Next week and the week after though. . .I've got a couple of guys. :D

Also, I've got another idea for some weekly/Bi-weekly content. . .however, I'll need someone who can stream on XBL. If you're that guy or know that guy, holla!

Till then, donate if you can!
Lets see if this kid can really pull it off!

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
You set a pretty high bar with the first interview and this one followed suit. Good stuff and great answers from Steady.

Dave

Maybe this will help you understand why.

Cyberevil
CrayCraySteady
Mr. Wah
Blackablockaflocka
Dave

I dunno, maybe I'm just a child :D

Oh. Haha. No, I get it. I didn't realize it would put that as my like nickname or whatever. I wasn't really reading the sign up information I guess. But yeas, it stands out. Lmao.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD