Congratulations are in order.

Hi there. A lot of you may not know me and those that do undoubtedly don't much like me, however this is not about me I simply wanted to talk to you folks about something
and through my own context I feel like I can adequately explain my thoughts on the subject and really give all the credit in the world wheres it's due.

Fighting games like any community in my experience require a few things to succeed but one that I always valued was enthusiasm. without that what do you have? You can have the greatest game in the world but if no one plays it, explores it, tries to push it and what its characters can do to the limit what does it matter? having a competitive tournament scene is all well and good, but its those who really love your game, really enjoy getting better and really love your characters that keep it going, that tell their friends and that do things like buy dlc costumes, like so many of us have.

Why do I bring this up? Check This out.

Elfsongtavern just did in six months what it took me nearly 8 years to accomplish. And that, that is the kind of enthusiasm im talking about, the kind of dedication and just love for a particular character that really makes fighting game communities thrive. Elf is the co-leader of my clan, a long dead empire from doa's past, and when i met her she was just a Naotora player with a lot of enthusiasm and a massive devotion to the character she felt the most kinship with. She was already really good, but in the short period of time I've known her she improved by leaps and bounds but it's when she decided that she wanted to be the best naotora player in the world that I saw her go from a passionate player to force to be reckoned with. I spent 8 years on DOA 4 training and trying to push what was possible with Tengu. I loved that character and my only concern was being the best in the world with him. And seeing her drive to be the end all and be all of Naotora reminded me so much of my own struggle and desire to do the same. I share this with you not just to gush about my co-leader but because with six coming out this community will need enthusiasm like
this. I hope whatever character you decide to choose, and wether you decide to head offline or just make combo videos on the internet or just sit in lobbies and chill with your friends bring a level of enthusiasm so that this game can thrive.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Attachments

• PS_Messages_20181111_133155.jpg
    PS_Messages_20181111_133155.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

Lulu

Really ?
Some people don't like you ?
But you seem so nice. And elfsongtavern only keeps good company...

Who ever doesn't like you... SCREW THEM... their loss.

I think this Thread was a wonderful gesture and Congratulations are most definitely in order. :)

Dr PaC

Hi there. A lot of you may not know me and those that do undoubtedly don't much like me, however this is not about me I simply wanted to talk to you folks about something
and through my own context I feel like I can adequately explain my thoughts on the subject and really give all the credit in the world wheres it's due.

Fighting games like any community in my experience require a few things to succeed but one that I always valued was enthusiasm. without that what do you have? You can have the greatest game in the world but if no one plays it, explores it, tries to push it and what its characters can do to the limit what does it matter? having a competitive tournament scene is all well and good, but its those who really love your game, really enjoy getting better and really love your characters that keep it going, that tell their friends and that do things like buy dlc costumes, like so many of us have.

Why do I bring this up? Check This out.

Elfsongtavern just did in six months what it took me nearly 8 years to accomplish. And that, that is the kind of enthusiasm im talking about, the kind of dedication and just love for a particular character that really makes fighting game communities thrive. Elf is the co-leader of my clan, a long dead empire from doa's past, and when i met her she was just a Naotora player with a lot of enthusiasm and a massive devotion to the character she felt the most kinship with. She was already really good, but in the short period of time I've known her she improved by leaps and bounds but it's when she decided that she wanted to be the best naotora player in the world that I saw her go from a passionate player to force to be reckoned with. I spent 8 years on DOA 4 training and trying to push what was possible with Tengu. I loved that character and my only concern was being the best in the world with him. And seeing her drive to be the end all and be all of Naotora reminded me so much of my own struggle and desire to do the same. I share this with you not just to gush about my co-leader but because with six coming out this community will need enthusiasm like
this. I hope whatever character you decide to choose, and wether you decide to head offline or just make combo videos on the internet or just sit in lobbies and chill with your friends bring a level of enthusiasm so that this game can thrive.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Excellent and congrats to her! I too want high enthusiasm and love for DOA6 as well. I hope the community grows with the launch of the game and also hope that when more people try the game out it will no longer be treated like a diseased-ridden step child that it has been since I started watching and competing.

bitch come catch my Tengu in DOA2U

I mean are you sure? There are easier forms of self flagellation. I'm happy to play, but it will not go well for you friendo.

Really ?
Some people don't like you ?
But you seem so nice. And elfsongtavern only keeps good company...

Who ever doesn't like you... SCREW THEM... their loss.

I think this Thread was a wonderful gesture and Congratulations are most definitely in order. :)

I've been around a long time. And in that time I've clashed with a lot of this community at one time or another. It is what it is. I've been gone for a while now too, and really won't start interacting again until six drops, so we'll see how well it goes this time around : )

Excellent and congrats to her! I too want high enthusiasm and love for DOA6 as well. I hope the community grows with the launch of the game and also hope that when more people try the game out it will no longer be treated like a diseased-ridden step child that it has been since I started watching and competing.

I've been playing doa for a little over 15 years, and that description has been an apt one for that entire time. Here's hoping that six give's the community the fresh start it needs. New faces and more limelight might help.

Damn, Sub. Your post blew up. Ahaha.

I know right, but this isn't really my post. This is about you and how amazing what you did is. I can beat people in doa2 any old time : )
As a mass reply i'll say i cant really add people, my ps4 like me is old and locks up when i try lol so feel free to add me instead if anyone wants to throw down. The GT is Mr__Spatula. I'll warn you doa5 was never my game. I never really recovered from losing my bird boy, but I'm above average.

Doa6 will be my chance at actually attempting to compete at a high level again, i might hate nyotengu but it seems I'm stuck with her.

Dr PaC

I know right, but this isn't really my post. This is about you and how amazing what you did is. I can beat people in doa2 any old time : )
As a mass reply i'll say i cant really add people, my ps4 like me is old and locks up when i try lol so feel free to add me instead if anyone wants to throw down. The GT is Mr__Spatula. I'll warn you doa5 was never my game. I never really recovered from losing my bird boy, but I'm above average.

Doa6 will be my chance at actually attempting to compete at a high level again, i might hate nyotengu but it seems I'm stuck with her.

I will be attempting to start a locals in my area and have DOA6 there. I havent competed too often but I do enjoy getting everyone together and doing casuals, so like you, DOA6 will be my attempt and comp again as well.

Onryoki

Standard Donor

Ohh I know you, you were always complaining when you fought me. Nvm the add, lmao.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD