[CONTEST] Make your own presidential badge! [CONTEST]

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Update
All submissions should be between 400x400 and 500x500 in dimensions.

Do you like badges? Do you enjoy spending countless hours everyday on photoshop creating the perfect work a art? Wanna show off to team ninja?

Now is your chance to show off your work. The lucky winners of this contest will have their designs on button badges, get a physical badge with their design on.

FreeStepDodge will look into sending them to Team NINJA, but this is currently unofficial and non-affiliated with Koei-Tecmo or Team NINJA.

FAQ
So, what's the theme on this contest?
The theme of this contest is Bass' presidential campaign. Presidential hopeful Bass Armstrong has big plans and he needs badges to promote him.

tl;dr: a pro-wrestler running for president.

Hey, how about a Kasum-
No. No female characters. No ninjas.

But I don't know the first thing about badges...and I hate politics
Do some research and look around. There's plenty of material for you to take inspirations from. Google is a good place to start if you're lazy or in a hurry.

I don't know anything about DOA, but I'd like to participate. Who is Bass Armstrong?
This guy right here.
Bass-Armstrong-Profile.jpg

For more info on his character, check his Wiki page.

Or just imagine Hulk Hogan crossed with Randy Savage. He was played by Kevin Nash in the movie adaptation of DOA.

What do you expect in terms of quality?
Be clean, sharp and smart. Have good balance and spacing between text and images. Don't use shitty colors and don't abuse filters. Don't over-complicate it. Keep it simple. Have good symmetry. Imagine you're doing something to show off to a potential employer or have something on a portfolio. You don't necessarily have to be an artist. If you can achieve something decent in photoshop or any other image editing tool, go for it.

Can I resubmit my designs?
Yes, you can have has many revisions until you feel happy with your design, so don't feel shy about improving it.

Can't I just draw my own Bass portrait?
Go for it. I'd love to see how it'll turn out.

Can I use this cool <link to DeviantArt> in my design?
If you have permission and if the original author is happy with you using their work, then yes. They might expect some credit for their work after all.

I don't like Bass. Can't I design a badge for the other male characters?
You could make a design for presidential rivals like Zack or Russian presidential hopeful Bayman, but I suggest sticking to Bass for now. But if you still want to try the alternative, let me know and I'll see if I can make an exception.

So, what's the point of making promotional material for an unpopular male character other than to satisfy your own ego and homosexual urges, huh?
Most male characters don't seem to get any attention and as of now, it feels like almost all the attention is given to the ninjas. Bass was also badly treated in DOA4 where he got a massive nerf in an attempt to "fix" him because "wrestlers are not supposed to beat ninjas", amirite? Without holds, a good Bass player will have little chance of winning against a ninja player. This could also be something positive to show off the community's creative side and to bring people together. The DOA community as of now is pretty much non-existent and they're more like different pockets of people on different sites.

Well, why FSD?
Because people on this site take the future on DOA seriously and they enjoy playing them competitively. DOA4 doesn't count because it's a piece of shit

Is there a deadline?
Yes. You got until the 1st of June to come up with your final design.

Wait, will there only be one winner?
No, the top three best designs will be chosen and turned into badges.

Who will be judging my design?
Me, Wah and a whole bunch of other people. I'm very neutral and fair because I hate you all equally, so there won't be any ass kissing and favours involved. The reactions of other people on the thread can also affect your chances, so don't be a douche and take constructive criticism.

To participate, you need to either to put your submissions on this thread or send them to me via PM

148814459_badge_button_your_vote_counts_400_clr_300x300_xlarge.png
ivoted.png

Allan Paris

I have the skills to do something nice..... I just don't care for Bass. I can't wait to see what others have done with this contest.

Allan Paris

I was looking at that too grap3. It made me think about how far away June is for a minute. Someone has the wrong lady of the month up on the calendar.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD