Current State of the UK DOA Community

Capybara UK

I wonder if anyone knows whether the weekly Wuroncha stream in Japan may have contributed in a few cases to in-person turnout over there? If it has, perhaps something like it could be replicated in the UK.

Obviously there would need to be some fairly expert host or guest commentary to turn an otherwise ordinary stream into a community building event.

Snipa

Who was commentating the DOA tournament at Ultimate Clash/WonderPark?

When the 2nd commentator got up and walked off the 1st commentator whispered "Id like to smack that kid"
Seemed very unprofessional :\

I agree with the above as well.
Tbh i don't really know expert players for DOA5 who would be great interaction for the community to suggest but i am sure there are some around?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
^^Yes, sorry about that. Very unprofessional.

I wonder if anyone knows whether the weekly Wuroncha stream in Japan may have contributed in a few cases to in-person turnout over there? If it has, perhaps something like it could be replicated in the UK.

Obviously there would need to be some fairly expert host or guest commentary to turn an otherwise ordinary stream into a community building event.

Could you elaborate on that please? I'm not familiar with that stream.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
It was good. I was happy with 5 people this time and two of them were new. I understand that it's summer and most people are lazy and all that.

RJ Stone91

Ive been playing DOA for years now, chnaged GT a few times so no one remembers me haha. But any tournaments going on in the UK. I'll definitely want in on that. And weekly - bi weekly offline meets I can do at weekends too. Maybe we can talk? I can see if I can set something up this side of the UK (Manchester) if you like. Would be good to get the games name out there again.

Ross

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'd like to appolagize to all those who attended SVB this month. I had to leave the UK for some urgent business and still haven't made it back, hence why there haven't been any events in a while.

Come Kitch I'll start playing when Ultimate comes out. September for EU release yeah?

Yeee. Sim said he's playing too, so did Shadowforce.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Ive been playing DOA for years now, chnaged GT a few times so no one remembers me haha. But any tournaments going on in the UK. I'll definitely want in on that. And weekly - bi weekly offline meets I can do at weekends too. Maybe we can talk? I can see if I can set something up this side of the UK (Manchester) if you like. Would be good to get the games name out there again.

Ross

Sure, Ross. If you can get anything going on over there in the north, maybe you could also get the attention of the scots too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD