DARK SOULS

RyuxSama

It may, or may not change your mind. But I say let's wait until the game has released, then you can pass a true Judgement. I may not have enough experience in my life to know what's good and bad, but I do know that things can take an unexpected turn for the best. You've probably experienced something change for the better in your lifetime and I'm sure it'll happen again, so why not with Bloodborne? I thought I would ABSOLUTELY HATE dark souls because of the mechanics and the time setting of the game, but @His Reverence convinced me to try it out and I completely fell in love with the game and I bought the second one and i was not disappointed. Just give it a chance and if you still don't like it when it releases then you can say that your judgement was right. Just don't completely ive up on the game, you can leave one foot out the door, but keep one in to see what awaits.

Adamleelight

Reallllllllly wish the new dlc wasn't episodic. I hate that shit. all your hype dies for the long wait for the next episode

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It gets people to avoid trading in longer and promotes more new sales. That's the thought process behind it, anyway.

Brute

Standard Donor
Shields are for dummies
SGG_ORLY.gif

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Care to explain why?

I understand that some character builds are stronger than others, but almost everything is viable.

Inescapable lagstab loops for the most part. Archery is worthless. Pyromancy is good for trolling newbs, and it's terrible at end game pvp, even after all the patches.

DS1 pvp melee vs caster struggle comes down to "are my shots going to de-sync on his screen and kill him despite the fact that he dodged? Or will he get close enough that he's going to exploit me to death with lagstab loops?"

The pvp in the game might theoretically be balanced enough, with the exception of pyro and archery being worthless, but any sense of consistency is thrown out by the netcode. One player is always super heavily favored over the other.

Pictured Mind

Inescapable lagstab loops for the most part. Archery is worthless. Pyromancy is good for trolling newbs, and it's terrible at end game pvp, even after all the patches.

DS1 pvp melee vs caster struggle comes down to "are my shots going to de-sync on his screen and kill him despite the fact that he dodged? Or will he get close enough that he's going to exploit me to death with lagstab loops?"

The pvp in the game might theoretically be balanced enough, with the exception of pyro and archery being worthless, but any sense of consistency is thrown out by the netcode. One player is always super heavily favored over the other.

Archery is a pressure tool. It keeps people moving and you can make sure they won't run and pop a humanity because thes will get a 400+ damaging arrow in their back.

Pyromancy is great. However I think it should always be combined with dexterity. Great combustion has massive damage and chaos storm is great against multiple enemies (combined with 10 humanity you're set). Pyromancy is great in PvP.

Lag happens in all games. When DS is bad, it's really bad. I have to agree. But you can always counter backstabs.

RyuxSama

Well let's keep in mind that Dark souls nor Demon souls was made to be PvP. It was always meant to be PvE, and PvE is supposed to be unbalanced, that's what makes Dark souls Dark souls lol it's supposed to be hard and punishing to inexperienced players. PvP is just something that was put in for fun, sure they made arenas and Duals in DS2, but the game was meant to be PvE. But I'm sure that they try to balance as much as they can as best as they can.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD