Dead or Alive 3 Weight Class.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Weight Classification is used to determine the difficulty (how easy or hard) of juggling your opponent. The lighter the opponent, the more hits that can be accumulated, with the increased ease of juggle usage. The more heavier an opponent is, their is an increase of difficulty and hit accumulation.

Kasumi = Light
Ayane = Light
Leifang = Light
Hitomi = Light
Christie = Medium
Tina = Medium
Helena = Medium

The guys are all mid except Leon, Bayman and Bass.

RoboJoe

Thanks for this, I always assumed there were weight classes, but I wasn't sure. These weights transfer over to the other doa games too, right?

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
For the most part. I believe in DOA 2 and 4 there's a super heavyweight class for Tengu and Spartan, but I'm not sure.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
I was practicing 3.1 yesterday and noticed that there are some juggles that work on Zack, but not Jann Lee.
The juggle I was using was Tina's :9: :P: :K:, :6: :P: :P: :P:, :2: :F+P: on counter hit. The last p on the :6: :P: :P: :P: string would whiff on Jann, but it connects on Zack and guarantees the ground throw. Are they not in the same weight class for some reason, or is that juggle character specific? It works on all the light weights and whiffs on all the heavies.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
It's likely a result of the characters' different hit-boxes and not just weight. I know Jann Lee's :6::P: reset at the wall is very hit-box and slope specific.

Baron West

I was practicing 3.1 yesterday and noticed that there are some juggles that work on Zack, but not Jann Lee.
The juggle I was using was Tina's :9: :P: :K:, :6: :P: :P: :P:, :2: :F+P: on counter hit. The last p on the :6: :P: :P: :P: string would whiff on Jann, but it connects on Zack and guarantees the ground throw. Are they not in the same weight class for some reason, or is that juggle character specific? It works on all the light weights and whiffs on all the heavies.

This happens in a lot of 3-D fighting games. Character height, width, and leg length all affect the hit box. Nothing like spending an unholy duration of time in training mode to perfect a new max damage combo, to find out it only works on 1 or 2 characters. I think Tekken is the by far worst offender in this case, with Bloody Roar being on the opposite end of the spectrum in terms of combos generally working on everyone. While it does happen in DOA it's relatively infrequent(but still present) compared to other games.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD