DOA5LR Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Official Site Update

KwonJigglypuff

Thanks Lei.

Did you guys really noticed a change with the soft skin engine ? It's hard to see in the different footage, but I don't see any change..

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It's similar to the Tomb Raider redux, where it uses light diffusion under the character's model to refract the light back and make the skin look soft.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I noticed immediately in their face, but there really isn't much this generation of games will give on the next gen past particle effects and soft skin.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I noticed immediately in their face, but there really isn't much this generation of games will give on the next gen past particle effects and soft skin.

I also instantly noticed that strong glow on the character's skin and to be honest, I don't like it. It doesn't look natural at all to me. It's more as if they are living light bulbs. Look how unnaturally orange Jann Lee glows:

001_01.jpg

Or Ayane in the character select:

Bx3Hx4HCcAEaoqE.jpg:large

The skin in DOA5/DOA5Ultimate imho has a beautiful, soft and natural glow to it, as seen in these pics, that I took. I didn't touch up contrast, lighting, saturation or anything of that sort:

kasumi_s_new_victory_pose_4_by_doafanboi-d76qjsm.jpg

hitomi_and_leifang_3_by_doafanboi-d73fmnp.jpg

up_to_no_good_eliot_by_doafanboi-d6wefia.jpg

gnooz

I don't see big difference like Tomb Raider. It looks totally same except new boob movement engine. The polygons in this picture are so ugly for PS4. And that orange glow light effect already present in last gen too.

001_01.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
You guys aren't satisfied with anything are you? The graphics looks pretty good for me. The lighting is improved and this is good thing.
In my case it hasn't anything to do with not being satisfied. I do notice the difference of skin texture and it sure is a more advanced graphical technique, but I like it, just as it was in DOA5, a little more subtle and natural. I'm going to buy the 360 version anyway, so I don't have to worry about that. ;)

The polygons in this picture are so ugly for PS4.
That's because the character models are and will stay the exact same as they were in DOA5. ;)

Last edited:

gnooz

I thought the soft effect is the product of high resolution but TN keep saying they are using seperate engine I have to believe them I have no choice.

synce

The only thing I noticed is the boobs are softer. Skin looks the same to me, maybe some of you are experiencing the placebo effect? I'd have to see direct comparison to believe there's a difference

Awesmic

Standard Donor
You guys aren't satisfied with anything are you?
I'm always content. There's a certain something I haven't got yet, but even so, that doesn't stop me from enjoying the game. If there is a glaring issue, I keep my cool and simply present it on Twitter for the higher-ups to take notice.

David Gregg

The only thing I noticed is the boobs are softer. Skin looks the same to me, maybe some of you are experiencing the placebo effect? I'd have to see direct comparison to believe there's a difference

I mean I can see a difference:
002_01.jpg

002_04.jpg

002_03.jpg

gnooz

You guys aren't satisfied with anything are you? The graphics looks pretty good for me. The lighting is improved and this is good thing.

Yes my expectations are always high. The only difference you could see is 720p - 1080p so don't force yourselves.

ram60_rmpg_720_vs_1080.jpg

Migs

I watch the video on YouTube. I'm pretty astonish that they brought back the old style.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD