Dead or Alive 5 Ships over 500k in first month

Fastlane

Nice, I'm glad it's doing well. Now I wonder what excuse those tekken players who bashed all the DOA trailers pre release are gonna come up with.

Cadaveri

impressive sales, 580k in the first month. I think we can expect this to outsell doa3 in future.

Yaguar

From what I've seen they really pushed the marketing more this time through social media and attending events (several in the UK) with the game which I think has really paid off for them.

I feel like since they can't be as in the public eye as games like SF (with TV adverts) they've made great use of other sources of media (internet, expo's) and that is probably what is reflected in the sales.

The games great too. They've interacted well with the FGC and yup... not seen a PR campaign like this for a beat 'em up before.

DjDeathCool

I don't think it's been pointed out yet that these aren't sales figures. They're units shipped. So it's the amount of games that TN sent out in anticipation of selling. Whether or not they're all sold out by now is going to be the question. I've seen launch shipments sit out on the shelf, at my local GameStop, for well over a year after games have come out. Let's hope that doesn't happen here.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/30/dead-or-alive-5-ships-580-000-copies-worldwide-in-first-month/

DR2K

Ships and sold are can be dramatically different. That figure seems awfully ambitious but we will see.

Not to them, since that's where they make their money. Sell-through(sold to consumer)is good according to them, so they'll be shipping more. Holidays in general brings a nice boost for most new games.

Now if only those who bought the game could make it out to events.

Even games that sell less have a bigger presence(KOF, Skullgirls, Persona, etc. . .) It's all about putting the events up, advertising, and the general FGC being more accepting(which it is). 2D fighters have a lot of carry over, 3D wise SC and Tekken take shifts, but DOA (and VF) have very little presence within the FGC. I feel as if one were established the other would as well since they're the most similar.

MasterHavik

Not to them, since that's where they make their money. Sell-through(sold to consumer)is good according to them, so they'll be shipping more. Holidays in general brings a nice boost for most new games.

Even games that sell less have a bigger presence(KOF, Skullgirls, Persona, etc. . .) It's all about putting the events up, advertising, and the general FGC being more accepting(which it is). 2D fighters have a lot of carry over, 3D wise SC and Tekken take shifts, but DOA (and VF) have very little presence within the FGC. I feel as if one were established the other would as well since they're the most similar.
uh....persona and skullgirls actually sold well....very well actually.

DR2K

uh....persona and skullgirls actually sold well....very well actually.

Persona arena has shipped half of what DOA5 has shipped in 2-3 months, and Skullgirls sold well for a niche title. Didn't say theybombed, just making a comparison.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD