Dead or Alive competitive commentary

Allan Paris

If I had to pick people to commentate on DoA matches (pref for DoA5) I would say DrDogg, Bill, and Manny are the best. I have never actually commentated on a DoA match . . .out loud anyway lol

Yes you have, you commentated on my first streamed match for DOACC. I played agaonst Zenlogic in the Crash Club for some title, i can't remember which. However, you did commentate out loud over stream. you were decent at it, that is why I mentioned you. It was a long time ago, like 3 or 4 years ago, I thought that was something you did randomly.

I guess not, my bad. Still, you weren't all that bad.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I just want to clarify that I'm not dissing DOA. I just think that you guys are sort of jumping the gun by trying to get people to provide commentary when there aren't even any players and, therefore, any matches to provide commentary for.

NinjaCW

Oh yea I do remember that now Allan lol. I just did that for kicks and I think you asked me can't really remember. I would love to commentate but my main knowledge is towards DoA but obviously there is no DoA game to commentate on (until 5 comes out).

Grap3 is also correct but no reason to not have an idea of who you would want to do it. Hopefully DoA5 is a good game so it can get blown up and we have people at least watching the game. I honestly don't even get to play games that much and spend more time watching streams than anything else (sucks to be me lol). Like Grap3 said though we need to wait for DoA5 before this is decided. . .hell we just need the community to come together more imo

DrDogg

I just want to clarify that I'm not dissing DOA. I just think that you guys are sort of jumping the gun by trying to get people to provide commentary when there aren't even any players and, therefore, any matches to provide commentary for.

Keep in mind this topic was started by Julius Rage, with the intention of having people commentate online DOA4 matches. From that point, we have evolved it into a discussion about DOA5 commentary, which is relevant. I can almost guarantee that DOA5 commentary will be needed before the game is released.

Also, while I agree that no current DOA game is competitive, making that statement is like saying, "no current Soul Calibur game is competitive so why bother talking about SC5 commentary." There hasn't been a new DOA (console) game in the last 6 years. There are only a handful of fighting games that have lasted 6 years in the competitive scene.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Rikuto and Dogg are good commentators if they stop talking about booth babes and blue balls and shit people don't care about.

But I really want to hear Wah's commentary because it'll like someone from the cast of Star Trek suddenly decided to commentate on a videogame.

Relius Starkiller

Its not that they are talking about that shit - its that they aren't funny.

But DOA is a completely different beast than any other fighter - the guarantees in DOA5 make calling the action easier but I think that a rotating cast of color commentators is the key. Since theres probably not going to be one "right" way to play the game or a certain character its going to be paramount that you get different perspectives to keep the commentary fresh and relate-able.

The next time Wedge shows up to a tournament a commentator should say "Holy shit. . .is that Michelle Quan?"

And then the other guy can accuse him of being a racist while the offender insists over and over that Wedge is Michelle Quan. . . .I mean. . .look at the eyes man!

MarkMan

I hate to bring up an old thread, but yeah. I've done commentary for MLG/at MLG events before lol.

I'm looking forward to see how DOA5 does because I've always been a fan of the game. I can't wait until the game comes out :D

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It'd be interesting to have you commentate some matches. Your commentary has always been pretty awesome. Didn't get to hear your Evo 2012 commentary since I was there but I'm sure it was up to your usual standards. Pick up the game at launch and throw down with some of us. There's a lot of us who play all the fighters and it'd be cool to go back and forth with TTT2 and DoA5. Just a thought.

MarkMan

I'd love to. At EVO 2012 I did commentary for SCV, which you can watch here. I did it with Aris (which is one of my favorite people to do commentary with)...

I'll be picking up this game for sure. ^.^

Darth Lotonic X

As long as you are at least somewhat informed about the game and aren't obnoxious like the female commentator from the E3 tournament, I don't really care who commentates. Though, someone like MarkMan, or Aris would be ideal.

MarkMan

If I wasn't informed/knew how to play the game, I wouldn't even try to attempt doing commentary. I have too much respect for what commentators and stream producers do.

Berzerk!

Hey Markman it's great to see you pop up here.
As for commentary I think Shidosha from the VF scene is a guy to bring across on us streams for Doa. He's already shown interest in the game.
In Australia it will be me and a few others - you'll see at upcoming events.

d3v

I hate to bring up an old thread, but yeah. I've done commentary for MLG/at MLG events before lol.

I'm looking forward to see how DOA5 does because I've always been a fan of the game. I can't wait until the game comes out :D
'Sup Mark.

Game Over

Oh yea I do remember that now Allan lol. I just did that for kicks and I think you asked me can't really remember. I would love to commentate but my main knowledge is towards DoA but obviously there is no DoA game to commentate on (until 5 comes out).

Nope, that would've been me. I was also trying to get JustOwnin on for commentary back then as well, to get a good duo for it, but he was never really online at good times.

Hurricane Rev

I make terrible Let's Plays, I make horrible jokes and I'm also a great team player.

I can surely fill that role here in the UK scene. That is once we get any streams going.

I guess I can join you on Commentary then. I'm all up for this and I want to create some pure hype within the UK scene!

I will be that Rev guy that sits back, discuss about the match, characters, stages etc, Make jokes (Shout out to Angry Lee Bird) and level up the community scene as a whole, yeeehhh?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD