News Dead or Alive Legacy Event 20th Anniversary Kickoff

doa_20_years_2-1-jpg.16290

Hello everyone, I am proud to announce the Dead or Alive Legacy event that I will be running at Winter Brawl X. The DOA Legacy event is a tournament that will encompass the first 4 console DOA games of the series. That's right, there will be separate tournaments for:

Dead or Alive 1 Ultimate (if DOA+ is not available)
Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate
Dead or Alive 3.1
Dead or Alive 4

At the moment, I only have a guaranteed pot bonus of $250 for Dead or Alive 4. There will be a signup fee for each game. The amount has yet to be determined.

This event is special to me for a couple of reasons. The first is that we are kick starting the celebration of 20 years of the Dead or Alive franchise. This franchise has had it's ups and downs and we as fan have stood by the game's creators at Team Ninja. The franchise is what brought many of us into the Fighting Game Community. It's the game that has forged many friendships and rivalries.

The Dead or Alive franchise continues to be first in a lot of innovative ways. One of the first full free range 3D fighting games (DOA2 Arcade). First fighting game to have a unique and stable online environment(Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate). First fighting game to help create the earliest foundations for eSports with World Cyber Games and the Championship Gaming Series. So as you can see, the Dead or Alive franchise is pretty significant even though there are critics that will argue otherwise.

The other reason this is important to me is simple. If there was no Dead or Alive franchise, I would not have created Winter Brawl. I created Winter Brawl to be THE tournament that would hopefully be the flagship for the DOA community to unite under. Dead or Alive 4 was the game that helped made all this possible. And even though it stopped being the focus of Winter Brawl after a few years, I never forgot where it all started. With the help and guidance of Big E Gaming's Eric Small, whom I partnered with after running events on my own for 3 years, Winter Brawl grew into the beast that it is today.

A lot has happened in ten years. We finally got a new Dead or Alive game and the community continues to grow leaps and bounds. But let's not forget our humble beginnings. I want to run this event that reminds people that Winter Brawl was once a small event that grew on the backs of a small community of dedicated gamers.

On top of that I want to whole heartily say thank you. To each and everyone of you that has supported DOA or any fighting game throughout the years and help Winter Brawl become what it has. This will be my final event as a Tournament Organizer and all I care about, like I did when this all started, was to bring people together and have fun. Thank you and I hope to see you at Winter Brawl X for some classic DOA.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD