Dealing with Dragon Gunner?

Promestein

What do you guys like to do after getting tripped up by Jann? Or is it guaranteed for the most part, like Pai?

xDevious

Standard Donor
After the Dragon Gunner, 6H+K is guaranteed, which is why people prefer to follow up with it. However, from there, nothing else is guaranteed. Most people tend to go into Dragon Stance from 6H+K (6H+K4), and follow it up by a 6P out of DS, which is a mid punch. That's why I prefer to throw out a mid punch hold after 6H+K4.

KING JAIMY

The best method to deal with the Dragon Gunner is to try to prevent getting hit by it by ducking and then throwing immediately after as the Dragon Gunner is an Offensive Hold. Throws beat holds so you'll get yourself some nice and juicy Hi-Counter Throw damage. And if you get hit by it, Jann Lee gets a guaranteed follow-up and then it basically becomes a guessing game. Try to detect your opponent's habits and hope you toss out the correct hold.
After DG things that guarantee a follow up are 6h+k, 7k, 66p, 66k, 236p, and p+k. Near wall the JL player can follow up with 46k or 4pp.
Near a wall, 6P+K is also guaranteed which gives a non-slow escapable stun.

Lulu

Oh wow.... uhm..... I crouch Randomly for about a second.

It isn't what I would call a viable strategy but damn that Dragon Gunner can drive a person crazy.... :mad:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD