Dealing with wake up kicks.

ScattereDreams

"Revised hit detection for rising kicks. When rising kicks and strikes hit at the same time, rising kicks now lose to strikes if the strike causes higher damage"

This change is the best thing that has happened to Eliot thus far. The damage output of both mid and low wake up kicks are 20pts. Doing any attack with higher damage output will be it out, and doing an attack that also does 20pts of damage will cause it to clash. But note, the window if very "SMALL". You need to train yourself with muscle memory in order to beat out the attacks.

For Eliot I chose to do F+K as an interrupter for rising wake up mid kicks, it'll whiff and hop over lows. If you get the timing down and successfully beat a rising mid kick, 6p+k -> 6f+k -> choryu -> choryu -> 3ppp46p will work on mids and light weights and that's 50% of your opponents health gone! I'll try to upload a video soon.

Now if you completely get the timing down, 6p+k will stuff both wake up kicks, but like I said. the timing is very strict. If you don't want to risk the damage, then you can go outside the wake up kicks attack range and just whiff punish with either 6p+k, or 66p+k.

Note: Eliot's 6F+K also seems to work better against low wake up's as well. I don't know if TN changed the hit box or something, but I have a high percentage in beating out low wake ups with that move.

Ghosty-J

Wakeup kicks are punishable now? I gotta start looking into some good Akira tech immediately!

synce

Can you link me to the page? I'm ctrl+f'ing "rising kick" in 1.03 and 1.03A notes but nothing comes up

I can confirm it works with Lisa though

Musourenka

Can you link me to the page? I'm ctrl+f'ing "rising kick" in 1.03 and 1.03A notes but nothing comes up

I can confirm it works with Lisa though
It's at the bottom of the "common" section on the 2.12 - V1.03 update (Balance adjustments).

WebHead

u could do this in doa4 bro.. its getting a little cOld in here

EDIT: wait it didnt stun them... what the hell am i talking about

Sam Sultan

WOW i am very excited about this since it would piss me off so bad when i couldn't get away from an opponent and they would land this wake up kick on me followed by some damaging combos that i couldn't do jack about because i happen to be to close to the wall as i smashed my opponent down to the ground. This will make them think twice about using the wake up kicks.

Vincent Rayne

finally, something i can do when i knock an opponent down the stars of that mansion-endless-floors stage and wouldn't be able to get away and resort to a guessing game. much better than guessing. and this will teach people (hopefully) not to spam wakeup kicks all the time. their negative on block anyway.

Vincent Rayne

it's not worth risking. none of the moves for any character. the window is really incredibly small and there aren't many moves that can beat out rising kick's damage on reaction. so you're better off spacing yourself unless you're on that stage with the stairs and your character doesn't have a wall move.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD