[Dec 1, 2013] Ultimate Power Launcher 2 (Yates Harrow)

Hurricane Rev

ultimate-power-launcher-2-real4.png

With the success of the first DOA Event, I am pleased to announce that both us the Rev It Up Project, and We Are Gamrs, are back once again to bring you the second round of the entertaining monthly DOA UK tournament, Ultimate Power Launcher 2!! And this time around, It will be bigger and a lot more entertaining with more competitors entering the tournament!

This event is THE Event where DOA is the Main Event! This event will be taking place at Yates in Harrow. There will be a tournament for anyone who wants to compete in it and there will hopefully be some prizes for the winners, courtesy of Tecmo Koei Europe. Come and Join in on the DOA Action!

Date: Sunday 1st December 2013
Venue: Yates Harrow
Entry: £5
Time: 12pm- 10PM
Games: DOA5U, DOA3 and DOA2

The address for the venue

269–271 Station Road
Harrow
London
HA1 2TB

This is an event not to be miss and I hope to see you there!

Yaguar

Any idea's on places to stay in the area that are cheap (and "cheerful")?
Does the cash cover venue entry or is that tournament entry towards a prize pool?
What platform is it on? (Please say PS3, please say PS3 *fingers crossed*)

I'm 99% in for this but as an added curiosity is anyone else planning on travelling from the wider reaches of the UK beyond London?

Last edited:

Hurricane Rev

Any idea's on places to stay in the area that are cheap (and "cheerful")?
Does the cash cover venue entry or is that tournament entry towards a prize pool?
What platform is it on? (Please say PS3, please say PS3 *fingers crossed*)

I'm 99% in for this but as an added curiosity is anyone else planning on travelling from the wider reaches of the UK beyond London?

I don't really live in the area but I believe there are some fairly cheap hotels within the area. The link below will give you a list of cheap hotels that are in the area. I hope that this is helpful.....

https://www.google.co.uk/hotels/?gl...n=1;cuh=14855311578385292714;si=10d41cdd;av=r

Also, The entry fee covers both the venue and the tournament and DOA5 will be on the xbox 360 (sorry to break it to you lool)

Yaguar

Damn, comfort inn is £44 for a single/twin/double... Well I think I'll take that double to myself then!

Yaguar

Booked the Monday off work and just need to sort hotel now so I'm committed (to using that awful controller =p).

Not sure if anyone fancies splitting a twin (comfort inn near by is £49 for the room, so £24.50 each, this is flexi room via their website but might find same place cheaper yet). If not I'll take a solo double.

http://www.comforthotelharrow.co.uk - So you can check that yourself.

ULTIMa Ivanov

Standard Donor
Since I'm in Birmingham at the moment I'm thinking of joining this tournament. I've never played anyone offline so I'm sure I would learn a lot from you all.

Yaguar
Do you plan to stay in a hotel one night? I think to get to London on Saturday and leave on Monday morning.

Yaguar

Yaguar
Do you plan to stay in a hotel one night? I think to get to London on Saturday and leave on Monday morning.

I was considering that idea too. I'm committed to 1 for sure but as the price is basically the same (split by 2 over 2 nights) it's all the same to me if that is what you were thinking.

Davey2100

I might be able to make it to this, will have to see how my money is at the time.

Is anyone going from the manchester area?

and hostels are always good cheap places to stay at.

Yaguar

Is anyone going from the manchester area?

and hostels are always good cheap places to stay at.

I'm not sure if I'll be leaving from Oswestry or Wigan. Hostel is a good shout but possibly a ways out from the event since I know Euston is 40 minutes via under/overground.

Hurricane Rev

Flight and Hotel booked :)
You can count on Tijger(my girlfriend) and me ;)

Sweet!! This event sure is getting interesting!

Also, seeing how there is a few weeks to go until the event, I want to go over the rules of the event.

- Entry Fee: £5
- We will be using the upstairs part of the venue
- DOA5U will be on Xbox 360 and You Must Bring Your Own Controllers
- You can't bring anything outside (such as food & drink) into the venue

- It will be double elimination bracket.
- The matches will be best out of 3 (first to win 2 games) and the finals will be best out of 5 (First to win 3 games)

I hope the information is useful and if there is any questions that you are not sure about then let me know :)

Yaguar

Just sent rev a tweet but I'm having to bail on the event guys. Some of the line up of attendees had me hype for this but after something coming up this weekend back home I won't have time to get down.

If they next is after a couple of months I should be good to go again.
Sorry about this Rev. I know a no show is always a let down when you organise something.

ULTIMa Ivanov

Standard Donor
Please contact me if someone is interested in sharing a twin room in a hotel.

Edit: Hotel booked. See you all there guys.

Last edited:

Tulkas

Premium Donor
OMG dudes, this tourney is great new for me! :D Hope to see you all there and play some casuals! :D

Hurricane Rev

Hey guys, just a reminder to everyone that the event is this Sunday!! Be Prepared Fighters!!

BaAfXs-IYAAnEut.jpg:large

Oh and Additionally, once the tournament is finish, I'm going to be holding some exhibition matches and hold like a first to 5 for anyone who wants to take part in it. Even more, the style of the matches will be in Championship Gaming Series style.

It is something that I want to test out and it could end up being something really cool and unique.

but yeah, I am really looking forward to this Sunday! :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD