[Dec 1, 2013] Ultimate Power Launcher 2 (Yates Harrow)

Gehaktbal

Yes its gonna be great :D
Question: will there be a livestream? and/or are the matches gonna be uploaded to youtube?
Question: The tournament starts at 12:00. but what time can we enter?

Hurricane Rev

Yes its gonna be great :D
Question: will there be a livestream? and/or are the matches gonna be uploaded to youtube?
Question: The tournament starts at 12:00. but what time can we enter?

Well I don't really want this event to be streamed for a number of reasons but If there is some interest for the event to be streamed, then I wouldn't mind setting it.

The event will starts around 1pm and the tournament itself will start around 4PM. The sign ups will take place a few hours before the tournament but I'll you know on the day.

But I'm glad you guys are looking forward to it. :)

EDIT: The tournament matches and exhibition matches will definitely be uploaded to our YouTube channel!

Gehaktbal

I have no idea how the others feel about a livestream, but for me its always a PLUS. And i think many people of the french communitie, that cannot make it to this tournament, would love to watch this tournament live! also other earopeans and even some americans.
Like i said: it will be a PLUS, not a 'MUST'. I understand that its gonna create more organization work, so i would understand if there is not gonna be a livestream.

Anyway, i'm really looking foreward to this :D

Gehaktbal

Good games eveyone!

Results:
1. Gehaktbal (NL):jannlee:
2. ULTIMa Ivanov (IT):christie:
3. ElenaBathory (FR):helena:
4. Alucardo (FR):momiji:
5. Hurricane Rev (UK) :mila:
5. KevKaichi (FR) :mila:+:christie:
7. Evil jean dujardin (aka Hajin) (FR) :momiji:
7. PlatinumKid (UK) :sarah:
9. El Vate (UK) :lisa:
9. Grunt Dude (UK) :ein:+:lisa:
9. Kin (UK) :ayane:
9. ThunderNinja02 (UK) :hayabusa:
13. Tijger (NL) :alpha152:
13. Rident (UK) :rig:

Full brackets: http://challonge.com/upl2

Last edited:

Hajin'

I think I can talk on behalf on my non-english-speaking friends here and say that we enjoyed our stay in London. The tournament was great, the venue was bad ass and the food they served was really good.
Like I said, if money is in da bank I'll come back as often as I can. Thx a lot.

Thx to Gehaktbal too for the casual matchs we played, I appreciate the fact that you took the time to play with a begginer like me. I learned a lot about my weaknesses and I'll be sure to make next time less boring for you !

Hurricane Rev

Oh Wow, What a long day I had yesterday but it has definitely been worth it though.

Firstly, I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who made it to the event, especially the Europeans!!! I was really surprise with the number of European players that made it to the event and made it more serious. We had competition from France, Italy, Netherlands and More. The atmosphere was great. The event has, somewhat, turned into a European tournament. The event was a great way to end the year with and congrats to Gehakbal for winning the tournament. I'm really looking forward to the next Ultimate Power Launcher, which will hopefully be in January or early February.

We had a slight problem at the beginning of the event with the DLC updates and other stuffs but we manage to fix that problem.

Also, the exhibition after the tournament was also fun. Although, not many players are too keen with the 1 round rule sets.

Thanks to everyone who made it to the event and see you guys next time :)

Note: The Match Videos will be up when I get time to upload it

Rident

A huge thanks to all who came out on Sunday to the Ultimate Power Launcher event. Was a great surprise to see so many players come over from Holland, Italy and France just for the event for which we are hugely grateful.

While the event was geared as a more casual event, we have been inspired to make our next one bigger and better. We have the facilities available to use with our partners at Unequalled Media so hope to add streaming, more HD videos of matches and hopefully more consoles and screens for casual use as well as tournament.

We had a few issues at the start with updating the consoles with v1.03 and installing the related content pack, which we look to be sorted in advance for next time. Other than that, things ran pretty smoothly and the top 3 in the tournament were:
  1. Gehaktbal (The Netherlands) (left)
  2. ULTIMa Ivanov (Italy) (Right)
  3. Elena bathory (France) (Middle)
EU winners.jpg

Here are some of the EU Fighters who came to the event from Holland, France, and Italy with myself and Hurricane Rev:

EU Fighters.jpg

Rident

Well I don't really want this event to be streamed for a number of reasons but If there is some interest for the event to be streamed, then I wouldn't mind setting it.

The event will starts around 1pm and the tournament itself will start around 4PM. The sign ups will take place a few hours before the tournament but I'll you know on the day.

But I'm glad you guys are looking forward to it. :)

EDIT: The tournament matches and exhibition matches will definitely be uploaded to our YouTube channel!

Facilities are available to do it, think it is something to consider for next time as it seems to be something people want to see more of. Following the turnout we need to make it even better for the next round.

Hurricane Rev

Facilities are available to do it, think it is something to consider for next time as it seems to be something people want to see more of. Following the turnout we need to make it even better for the next round.

Yeah I definitely agree. Next event, I will do things a lot more better and I will take full use of the media equipment!

Also Guys, here is the event coverage and the tournament matches for Ultimate Power Launcher 2, which happened Last Sunday. It features some of the best players at Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate in Europe!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD