[Dec 18, 2013] DOA5U @ Wednesday Night Fights (Walnut, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3v

Good games to everyone I played. I'll definitely try to get more casuals with people next time. Idk if I can make it next week, I'm gonna try to get off work if I can.

In general though, I think people are still trying to work the stun system too much. Earlier launchers would be better to do and help you chip away at your opponent's health more efficiently. Be more decisive when you have someone stunned. You're gonna get held sometimes but most of the time you'll get rewarded. Think of it this way, when they hold and you extend the stun the other guy guessed wrong, but instead of eating a combo because you launched him, they get another chance to guess out with your next attack. Just be decisive and get your damage. Critical bursts are nice but only if you really need them to catch up or if you are completely outclassing your opponent.
People really need to figure out their mixup options for the red crit BnBs. Folks should have at least 3 options for every practical "hold point" in their stun combos.

reddyxm

Thank you everyone who showed up tonight! You guys don't even know how happy I was when I heard 18 people came out to support DOA. We even surprised Mr. Alex Valle who was yelling on his mic "Good Sh!t DOA!" Keep it up! And as always if you need transportation, leave a message here.

Can't wait to see that mean Ayane, Hajin. :D

Rubedood

Wow, 20 people for DOA last night. Good showing to everyone that made it out.

We even had a turnout of 11 people for a VF tourney, which hasn't happened in ages. Props to the DOA guys who played.

I played like crap in both games and kinda pissed about that, but it was most definitely a good night for 3D fighting at WNF.

BloodBurger

Wow, 20 people for DOA last night. Good showing to everyone that made it out.

We even had a turnout of 11 people for a VF tourney, which hasn't happened in ages. Props to the DOA guys who played.

I played like crap in both games and kinda pissed about that, but it was most definitely a good night for 3D fighting at WNF.

I'm actually going to start messing with Vanessa in my spare time and entering whenever you guys have something going. Very underrated and fun game.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Keep it up guys. Having consistently high turnouts in every part of the country is within reach. Just need you West Coasters to maintain the same excellent form you've been showing. It's really quite awesome to see your scene grow alongside the growth the whole DoA community has experienced.

Someone keep reminding me and I'll pop this up every week on the front page just as a reminder to members and lurkers alike.

BloodBurger

Now take this with a grain of salt but according to Event Hubs, California has the most players playing DOA:

http://www.eventhubs.com/stats/doa5/

73 entries. With New York coming in 2nd at 49.

Obviously this isn't representative of the ENTIRE player base, but it can possibly be used as a snapshot of what the game's actual population may look like.

That being said, keep in mind, we'll be back at Super Arcade this week people. Come out! Continue to support the game! :)

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Now take this with a grain of salt but according to Event Hubs, California has the most players playing DOA:

http://www.eventhubs.com/stats/doa5/

73 entries. With New York coming in 2nd at 49.

Obviously this isn't representative of the ENTIRE player base, but it can possibly be used as a snapshot of what the game's actual population may look like.

That being said, keep in mind, we'll be back at Super Arcade this week people. Come out! Continue to support the game! :)

Yeah, those of us who are playing offline often are aware. And it's sad how most players in this state have the means of supporting the game, because they clearly play it online A LOT. But choose not to support the game where it matters most for competitive play, aka the offline scene.

Some do, most do not. A lot of players in this community don't actually realize that building a strong competitive scene is based more around offline events, not online. Playing online is fine, but it is not what will make a fighting game scene strong, at all.

Last edited:

BloodBurger

Yeah, those of us who playing offline often are aware. And it's sad how most players in this state have the means of supporting the game, because they clearly play it online A LOT. But choose not to support the game where it matters most for competitive play, aka the offline scene.

Some do, most do not. A lot of players in this community don't actually realize that building a strong competitive scene is based more around offline events, not online. Playing online is fine, but it is not what will make a fighting game scene strong, at all.

Exactly. If you love it online, come outside. You'll be blown away lol.

MeanMrMustard

I quit playing online for the most part. I can't play my game and I lose to a lot of people I usually don't. I just wish more players felt like me and had the urge to go play with people in person where latency doesn't have a part in who wins and who loses.

Online is fine to learn certain concepts and get used to seeing certain animations and strategies, but it definitely doesn't show who the better player is most of the time.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Lol it's not a sticky in any normal sense, but I did push it back to the top again. I happened to be on just now but I'm not always so quick to notice so you may want to consider tagging me next week instead. Gets my attention quicker.

Good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD