[Dec 6, 2013] North East Championship XIV (Essington, PA)

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Congratulations to Sweet Revenge for taking NEC XIV. All that training and work into your tech paid off. You earned the win, bro. Proud of ya.

Congratulations to my AFD brethren, Requiem for making top 8 and playing so solid. You've come a long way bro and you're very good. You're only going to get stronger as you continue training and playing. Really proud of your play performance at this major. Let's rep California together at SCR and NCR when the time comes.

RiBu

GGs to everyone I played. IDK how I felt about DOA at the tourny honestly, but everything else was a great experience. Especially avoiding being bodied by the snowstorm...

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
1. @SweetRevenge117 :genfu:
2. @XCaLibur BLadeZ :helena::alpha152::momiji:
3. RG @SonicFox5000 :rachel::christie:
4. M C @Mr.Kwiggle :rachel::christie:
5. FSD | Matt Ponton (@Mr. Wah ):bass:
5. AFD | @Requiem :helena:
7. ERGZ | Sean Why :ayane:
7. UGS | Dragon KP (@BBoyDragon ):christie::kasumi:

9. @WINBACK :jacky:
9. Rabies iP (@RabiesTV ):genfu::lisa:
9. xSA @Jaeger :rig:
9. PTH/PI | (@Blackula ):leifang:
13. Luna Kuratani :alpha152:
13. @NefariousSage :genfu:
13. @IMMERW0LF :bayman::hayate:
13. @The HuBBs :genfu:
17. WAM | @SlothFacts :ayane:
17. @Tom Brady :genfu:
17. @XZero264 :leon:
17. @RiBu
17. @LightSonic :kokoro::ein:
17. @stinkymonz
17. @ninjaguy446
17. RepoMan
25. X Kid
25. PumpkinHead99
25. WAM | Liberation Maiden :kasumi:
25. fantasywaymax
25. @mikeweezie :bass:

Last edited:

SlothFacts

Shout-outs to the hotel elevators for guaranteed stops on every floor, to the diner for making Hubbs a Sprite w/Chocolate Syrup without question, and to the people who are actually good at the game letting me join in on the fun during Top 8. Hope the snow didn't make anyone's trip home too hard.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Shout-outs to the hotel elevators for guaranteed stops on every floor

I think that was because people kept hitting both the service elevator and normal elevator, and they'd take the first one to come up while those in the other were left to still hit the now empty floor.

SlothFacts

That was probably it, yeah. People kept hitting both because the elevators took forever, and the elevators took forever because people kept hitting both. It made for some hype moments on the rare occasion we actually skipped a floor, though. The entire elevator erupted in cheers one time. Main hall had nothing on those elevator rides.

NefariousSage

Thanks to everyone at the event, especially my roomies (Fumetso, Jaeger, and Rabies), and too many others to name, for making my first event back in a long long time so great.

Congrats to Sweet Revenge for the win, (TY for working with me on my Fu!), and I hope you all didn't hate my (first time) commentary TOO much lol ;), I had a blast doing it and would love the chance to get on the mic in the future. Streaming tech is amazing, and I wish we had it available to us back in my tournament days.

Much love to all who attended, and I hope to meet more of the new school players /scene at the next event.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD