Deciding between Kokoro and Hitomi

Kokomi

As much as I try to refrain myself from posting this right here (and not knowing if this is the right place to post), I would really love to get some advice from any competitive players out there between these two ladies.​
Embarrassing to say, I am a B- ranker, who has trouble deciding between the both. Initially, I had always intended to main Hitomi if I ever got my hands on DOA5. My previous game was DOA2:Hardcore, thus, from DOA3-DOA4, I never had the chance to try out Hitomi until DOA5 was made available to PS3.​
Disappointing to say, when I first started out, I had trouble with Hitomi from her basics to the juggles. At then, I decided that if all else fails, Kokoro would be my secondary main. Kokoro, imho, was much easier, due to her lenient command inputs. I was able to juggle with Kokoro within a few days of gameplay, but with Hitomi, the only options I used juggling was ppp, because I had a tendency to screw pp6pk or the rest of her command inputs and risk giving away a beautiful juggle.​
When 1.03's patch came out, I decided to drop Kokoro, considering the fact that perhaps Kokoro being hit with a nerf bat was a sign for me that I should go back to maining Hitomi (this has nothing to do with the Kokoro being weak). Ever since then, I dedicated my time to perfecting Hitomi in any way I can and sure enough, I managed to do better with her through practice. BUT, ironically, I feel that as a B- ranker, I lack the proper gameplay a Hitomi player should have.​
Earlier on when I was rank-ing again, I got defeated by a players that were below my ranks, mostly C rankers, but also one B- ranker who used Rig. I'll talk about the Rig player, during the first match, I used Hitomi and was subsequently defeated in a 1-3 round. On a second match, I decided to use Kokoro and sure enough I emerged as the victor. I proceeded to meet a few B- thereafter and continued to use Kokoro just to gauge my abilities as a Kokoro player after having not to play her for 2 weeks. My basic juggles were still there, I pressure better as her than Hitomi and I certainly spammed less as Kokoro.​
Don't get wrong, I'm not saying that just because I defeated a few B- rankers, I think I'm better at Kokoro. My victory could have been a sheer of luck, rather than skills. But I always felt that Kokoro was certainly easier for me, than Hitomi was. Correct me if I am wrong, but allow to me highlight the difference that I have observed between the both of them.​
Kokoro
  • Heichu stance
  • Preferable for aggressive players
  • Despite nerf is still pretty good <3
  • Kinda short :p
Hitomi
  • Main thing that stands out between her and Kokoro is, imho, her 66kkk/p, which is useful if you want to attack while running, aside from your 236P/K.
  • Limited juggle options compared to Kokoro
  • Free Cancelling intensive due to many of her punches and kicks ending on a mid
  • Taller :p
Now.. allow me to say, between the two, what I am looking for
  • A character who can constantly keep a steady flow of offensive pressure in fights
  • Doesn't require much free cancelling unless really needed
  • Beautiful juggles <3 (Even during fights, JUGGLES MUST BE BEAUTIFUL >:D)
  • Prefers kicks over punches
  • Outputs damage through juggles/mix-ups (to me, both Kokoro and Hitomi seem to need this)
  • Lenient command input, doesn't require much directional action
  • To compete competitively. By this, I hope that, if I do make it as an S ranker, I hope that I can hold myself against a few good players or play as well as some of them like Vanessa/Master or Electrified Mann but not enough to play in any tournaments. This means that, disregarding player capabilities, who is more likely to perform better in terms of competitive gameplay.
  • I wonder whose the prettier between the two :p
But yeah, that's pretty much what I can think of in terms of expectations. The last point about being pretty is kinda, just meh.. I would like to ask for player's opinion on this, especially experienced players, perhaps Mr.Wah or Allan Paris? Hope you guys don't mind my long post and question thread ._.

To people whose wondering, why can't I just main both? Well, my answer is I tend to do better if I focus on one character rather than two, if I divide my attention equally to both characters, I'll end up at nowhere and I don't really enjoy that.

Before I end my post, I would just like to apologize if the post is at the wrong section, because I tried skimming through each discussion section and found no one asking about "who to main" threads, so I figured this is where the topic should go if I were to ask.
And also, if I were to go back to maining Kokoro, I would just like to say sorry to Raansu and the rest of the Hitomi players, who helped me out quite a bit when I was training Hitomi and for disappointing them.​

NightAntilli

Now.. allow me to say, between the two, what I am looking for

• A character who can constantly keep a steady flow of offensive pressure in fights
  • Doesn't require much free cancelling unless really needed
  • Beautiful juggles <3 (Even during fights, JUGGLES MUST BE BEAUTIFUL >:D)
  • Prefers kicks over punches
  • Outputs damage through juggles/mix-ups (to me, both Kokoro and Hitomi seem to need this)
  • Lenient command input, doesn't require much directional action
  • To compete competitively. By this, I hope that, if I do make it as an S ranker, I hope that I can hold myself against a few good players or play as well as some of them like Vanessa/Master or Electrified Mann but not enough to play in any tournaments. This means that, disregarding player capabilities, who is more likely to perform better in terms of competitive gameplay.
  • I wonder whose the prettier between the two :p
Based on this list, Kokoro is your girl. The only thing that does not fit Kokoro, is the 'prefers kicks over punches'. Hitomi's kicks are generally better.

Kokoro is considered a higher tier than Hitomi, which means you'll have an easier time beating opponents with her than with Hitomi. The only real drawback that Kokoro has compared to Hitomi is that she is as linear as a character can get, so sidestepping opponents will really hurt Kokoro's offensive game.

CFW

Advice for online rank comparisons: You shouldn't really pay attention to what people are ranked as online. At the end of the day, it all depends on skill. Ranking titles are just there to count your wins, imo.

Kokomi

Advice for online rank comparisons: You shouldn't really pay attention to what people are ranked as online. At the end of the day, it all depends on skill. Ranking titles are just there to count your wins, imo.

Yes, I understand. As much as I'd like to refrain from bringing up the topic of ranks, it was something that I felt best served as a guidance for some of us. Having said that, during a ranking match, I tend to select opponents who are one or two ranks lower than me, and always one rank higher than me.

Like, when I was a D, I made sure the lowest I'd set was a D- and the highest would be a C-. So it's a one rank gap thing. I personally think it is unavoidable for some of us though, some of us get flamed as a result for "picking on" lower ranking players when all we did was really to be fair and non-judgmental of one's rank.

To really sum up my point, I do agree on how rank doesn't dictate everything. But at times, I also feel that rank does play a role in terms of proving how experienced or proficient that player is, although I can't stress how many times I've met so many C ranking players who were so ungraceful, spamming Lisa's guard break kick just to win, or a Mila's 3f+k -_-.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD