Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronin

He said what Ninja, not what Wizard.

The ninja of DoA are not less ninja than the ones of Naruto, so the comparison was appropriate xD If you wish for ninja represented as shadow assassins, the Tenchu series is very likely a much better example.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah I know, I'm hoping he has something like Hayate's C2 on the bottom but in black or something... unlikely though.

As this third ninja set includes the designs (just slightly altered and recolored) of the other two sets, I'm pretty sure, Ein and Rig will wear the same pants as Raidou does:

raidou_ninja_by_momijihayabusa-d8l5eaa.jpg

KwonJigglypuff

Is Raidou the first DOA character with a visible hairy chest ?

I hate how all the other boys are 100% hairless. Even Baeman. :(

Small poll : who here bought Raidou's ninja costume individually ? (I'm not talking about the people who bought the season pass)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Is Raidou the first DOA character with a visible hairy chest?
I don't know, but probably. He is definitely the first character with visible pubic hair though... >.> Anyone else find the bush a little disturbing, that grows out of his pants in his C3-C5?

Small poll : who here bought Raidou's ninja costume individually ? (I'm not talking about the people who bought the season pass)
I haven't, but I will in the future. So far I did not buy one single costume in Last Round. Probably for the reason, that I already paid so much, for being able to play it on PS4. (Had to buy the damn console first! XD)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So let me get this straight.

They provided the ninja wrap mask on Pai and Sarah but did not provide the mask to Akira..why? Haven't they heard the tale about the ninja titan who single-handedly shoulder'd 1000 ninjas in a temple within the mountains he was training in? His face was covered. No one was suppose to know who he was..until further later in the story where it was rumored he had been searching for 4 different colored scrolls bearing the individual letters *S* *E* *G* *A*, upon collecting all four of them would reveal a portal to travel back to his world. They already knew he was not from this world, he belonged to a world full of talking hedgehogs with corny dialogue with the ability to run extremely fast with minimum stamina wasted.

*Wakes up* Oh man! that was stupid, then again...it's not like Pai and Sarah are getting that, that would be a waste. They are too generic. Even that little racecar driving dude is no different. *Goes to FSD and magically checks out this thread and Ninja Pack 3 character portraits* *Looks at Pai and Sarah*
nc3.png

Bomb: ...

EDIT: 1sec, let me make face for a bit:

angry-doge-539441905ea10.jpg

Ah well, it's good to see Leon getting one.

Last edited:

TheRealCoxinator

They provided the ninja wrap mask on Pai and Sarah but did not provide the mask to Akira..why? Haven't they heard the tale about the ninja titan who single-handedly shouldered 1000 ninjas in a temple within the mountains he was training in? His face was covered, no one was suppose to know who he was..until further later in the story where it was rumored he had been searching for 4 different colored scrolls bearing the individual letters *S* *E* *G* *A*, upon collecting them all four of them would reveal a portal to travel back to his world. They already knew he was not from this world, he belonged to a world full of talking hedgehogs with corny dialogue and the ability to run extremely fast with minimal stamina wasted.

*Wakes up* Oh man! that was stupid, then again...it's not like Pai and Sarah are getting that, that would be a waste. They are too generic. Even that little racecar driving bastard is no different. *Goes to FSD and magically checks out this thread*

1sec, let me roar for a bit.

a_little_man__s_big_roar_by_pyrainearts-d4gwbcp.jpg
jbjXcSElDmDKct.png
and yeah it disappointed me.

Jadeinchains

They provided the ninja wrap mask on Pai and Sarah but did not provide the mask to Akira..why? Haven't they heard the tale about the ninja titan who single-handedly shouldered 1000 ninjas in a temple within the mountains he was training in? His face was covered, no one was suppose to know who he was..until further later in the story where it was rumored he had been searching for 4 different colored scrolls bearing the individual letters *S* *E* *G* *A*, upon collecting all four of them would reveal a portal to travel back to his world. They already knew he was not from this world, he belonged to a world full of talking hedgehogs with corny dialogue and the ability to run extremely fast with minimal stamina wasted.

*Wakes up* Oh man! that was stupid, then again...it's not like Pai and Sarah are getting that, that would be a waste. They are too generic. Even that little racecar driving bastard is no different. *Goes to FSD and magically checks out this thread and Ninja Pack 3 character portraits* *Looks at Pai and Sarah*
nc3.png

1sec, let me roar for a bit.

a_little_man__s_big_roar_by_pyrainearts-d4gwbcp.jpg

Reading that comment sure was a trip.

Argentus

The ninja of DoA are not less ninja than the ones of Naruto, so the comparison was appropriate xD If you wish for ninja represented as shadow assassins, the Tenchu series is very likely a much better example.
It was a jab at Naruto than at DOA lol. Coincidentally, the only actual ninjas (zabuza and anbu) DONT wear mesh lol

Zero Beat

It was a jab at Naruto than at DOA lol. Coincidentally, the only actual ninjas (zabuza and anbu) DONT wear mesh lol

That and while the DoA Ninja use magic as well, it's mostly to augment their fighting style and not a main component that they spam endlessly aside from teleporting. The main exception to this is Ryu, being that he's a goddamn Ninja Wizard and can spam Piercing Void in 3RE and whatever the hell you want to spam in 2 if you get 10 Ninpo spots through NG+.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Ein and Rig definitely, most of their wardrobe looks, like they are professional strippers. XD Out of all men Rig also received the most sexualized costumes by fans in both costume contests. But why would you say Jann Lee and even Eliot are "male sex symbols" of DOA? Can't see that at all to be honest. Most of all not shy, innocent Eliot, who they even fully dressed in his MMA outfit.
Jann Lee is always shirtless and his MMA outfit is him in speedos. Eliot is the pretty boy of the series, which is of course sexy to some. That's why he has all those cute, meterosexual outfits.

Argentus

That and while the DoA Ninja use magic as well, it's mostly to augment their fighting style and not a main component that they spam endlessly aside from teleporting. The main exception to this is Ryu, being that he's a goddamn Ninja Wizard and can spam Piercing Void in 3RE and whatever the hell you want to spam in 2 if you get 10 Ninpo spots through NG+.
Ryus about as much of a ninja as Kratos or Dante lol. He's just an acrobatic Samurai, really.(actually the more I think about it, that's a VERY accurate assessment, especially when you take his story, personality, and techniques into consideration.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
"always shirtless"

Shirtless (only his C1, C2, C4 and C8) does also not equal sexy or sex symbol...
Ein's and Rig's costumes on the other side are often obviously designed, to emit sexappeal.

Also, it's funny, how Bass for example looks normal as a cop, but Rig wearing the exact same costume, appears to be on his way to the next bachelorette party:

latest

Last edited:

RetroMe91

For anyone who doesn't understand how Eliot could be seen as a form of sex appeal, you should look up what a shota is.

Marie Rose = Loli
Eliot = Shota

Those two are just less obvious versions of sex appeal because half of the people who like said type of character view it sexually while the other half who like said character have another reason, such as fashion statement, personality, etc.

While I don't understand the sexual side to these types of characters, I am guilty of thinking they are kawaii...

Chapstick

Eliot's too muscular in 5 to be a shota. His biceps are huge.
Shirtless (only his C1, C2, C4 and C8) does also not equal sexy or sex symbol...
Ein's and Rig's costumes on the other side are often obviously designed, to emit sexappeal.
I was thinking about this earlier, Jann Lee's shirtless in those outfits but I don't find them sexy. In fact I find his white shirt getting transparent when wet sexier than the shirtless outfits.

Actually on topic, I swear to god if that Alpha outfit is just a naked recolor and they still price it at $2...

Boogie

Also, it's funny, how Bass for example looks normal as a cop, but Rig wearing the exact same costume, appears to be on his way to the next bachelorette party:

latest

..............................!!!!!!!!!!!!

*writes a letter to team ninja for potential magic mike and chippendale inspired DLC*

Argentus

latest
Its because Bass looks like a MAN while Rig is just a boytoy.

Also rig has a perpetually oily skin .

Ahaha...oil....rig....I get it, team ninja. I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD