Status
Not open for further replies.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Is the pricing broken on PSN? the full set is £21.99 that can't be right, right? if you buy them all seperately it comes to over £57...

Also seems normal costumes have upped from £1.59 to £1.69.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Is the pricing broken on PSN? the full set is £21.99 that can't be right, right? if you buy them all seperately it comes to over £57...

Also seems normal costumes have upped from £1.59 to £1.69.

Pricing seems normal in €. Still 1.99€ per costume like always.

synce

Holy crap, the new halloween costumes are already on Steam. Tecmo's been really cool lately.

Also, why wasn't there a new thread about DLC being discontinued on PS360? I just found out! Not everyone can sort through 10 new pages a day on this thread...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I like all of them, except for Bayman's and Mila's. Kasumi and Phase 4 are my personal favorites, and Eliot's my third.

Nikotsumi

1. :honoka:
2. :jacky:
3. :kasumi:

I like all the other costumes too, except for Leifang's, Hitomi's and Ein's. (yeah, i also like Kappa Bayman xD)
So far, this was indeed my favourite pack.

Kronin

Like I said in the previous thread, I love the pack and if this is certainly my most favourite Halloween pack, it could also be my most favourite DLC pack released for the DoA5 series at all. I know of the controversy to choose more costumes from the same author and I don't know what to say about: for fairness we have to remember that there was no rule that prevented it - exactly as for creating original costumes or swapping - at the same time seems strange to think that with 1800 entries there wasn't the possibility to get designs for all the roster from almost 34 different artists.

Personally I'm not pissed at all but on the opposite I'm glad for the artists recognition and I think that the majority of the designs - not only the multiple ones from the same people - really deserved to be in game, however I can genuinely understand if others have a very different opinion about the matter.

Briefly talking about what seem to be 2 of the most contested costumes...

How strange it can appear, I don't dislike Ein's outfit so much and actually I believe that it's far from being is worst costume (for me is the reindeer one). To discover the addition of the knife on his leg changed enough - for me - the first impression on the outfit, more the natural resemblance of Ein to the classic image of Tarzan less the long hairs made the rest. In the end it's an outfit that I could even play with pleasure, but only knowing that in its vestiary there are even other kind of outfits. The shame for me is not to have got this costume for him, rather that it was selected at expenses of other ones much more elaborated and with a feeling that wasn't tied only to fanservice. At least TN is coherent with the path for him, if something...

I really like Bayman's outfit and I think that it's just a shame that the author or TN didn't add more details on it: but the costume imo is perfect for him and for the Halloween theme (for me to see it in action has really a fearful feeling); I already know to be hated for this statement but I'm glad of the choice done.

Wild Man Ein actually would've worked a lot better had TN actually included the scars from fighting tigers and stuff. It doesn't look like he has them from the in-game image. Ah, well.

I suppose that they couldn't add scars because appearing too much violent(?) and putting at risk the classification of the game (same reason because blood is not allowed). But again Bayman has 2 big scars on his face and body, so...

It's as bad as the Speedo Jann Lee outfit although at least that outfit was associated with MMA and he had gloves I think to make it work.

Just a correction outside the topic but an user made notice how the Jann Lee fighter outfit is very likely a reference to the scenic costume of Bruce Lee during a scene of his famous "Enter the dragon" movie:

attachment.php

PS: I forgot to say it, congratulations to @indieanimator for your very nice Wizard Gen Fu design becoming part of the game and to @Kodachi (even if this was already implied from my previous post) for the same fate of your pirate Rachel :)

EDIT: Before the edit this post was a feast of typos...

Last edited:

xDevious

Standard Donor
Christie would have been in my top 5! Lisa's costume looks very awesome as well, but would be outside of my top 5.
Christie's is just absolutely gorgeous! It fits her character too, since she's a cold-hearted assassin ("cold as ice"). I really like La Mariposa's, because it's yet another luchadora costume (which I, as a wrestling fan, really enjoy seeing). It also fits the Halloween theme, as well as being something you could actually see a real luchadora wear as legitimate ring gear if they had a bat gimmick, which does not just limit it to only being a valid costume for the Halloween season.

Darkslay

Just a correction outside the topic but an user made notice how the Jann Lee fighter outfit is very likely a reference to the scenic costume of Bruce Lee during a scene of his famous "Enter the dragon" movie:

attachment.php
That was me :p, i was just about to respond in the same way while reading through the thread, you beat me to it @Kronin, haha.

I personally don't fully dislike Ein's costume, my only problem with it is that TN didn't follow through with the original design, by not giving Ein the scars all over his body, doesn't suprise me though, just look at Hitomi's costume and the original design....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD