Status
Not open for further replies.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Well that's the thing... None of those are really newcomers anymore and Ein, Leon and Raidou don't count either because they're returning characters so they're not newcomers either.

Every character in the game except Naotora have been in DOA5 for over a year, unless TN have a really broad term for newcomer I highly doubt Mila, Rig, Ein, Leon, Rachel, Momiji, Marie Rose, Nyotengu, P4, Raidou and Honoka will have their own set.

That not counting guests is only 10 costumes.

The Enforcer

'New' is relative to what your baseline is. TN can choose any arbitrary point either in DOA5 or even DOA in general... They chose the word 'Newcomer' so unless it changes that's all we have to go off for now.

Jadeinchains

Newcomer pack should literally be a pack of 5 new characters.

But since that isn't going to happen maybe it could be every character gets a completely new creative outfit that will become their default if they are included DOA6.

Although that seems like a pipe dream as well but I'm just thinking of what it could possibly be.

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor
Lol, it's obviously just a set of costumes for Naotora to catch up to the other girls.
Essentially this. But who knows? We may get a couple surprises in the pack. I remember when I was pleasantly surprised to see that Kasumi's kunoichi princess DOA2 costume was in the first ever Halloween pack. And Ayane's awesome blue jacket and camo skirt DOA4 costume was in that irrelevant fitness/sports 2014 pack. They may do something along those lines.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah, but these sets weren't named "Newcomer Set" as the upcoming set is apparantly called. ;)

SoftCabbage

I'm on DOA.
Counting one DLC more.
No one to break the silence.
Staring into the list.
All costumes, but that's alright.
It's the feeling, deep inside.
I don't like.

There is no excuse, TN.
For selling costumes, selling costumes again

This is where DOA ends
You're selling costumes again

TN plz.. Release something different and worthy for DLC, will ya??

KwonJigglypuff

I'm on DOA.
Counting one DLC more.
Staring into the list.
I don't like.

There is no excuse, TN.

This is where DOA ends

Is this a poem ?

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor
Keep hoping...
What makes you say that? Tom lee did hint at other things being sold as DLC, they just haven't discussed it yet. Plus this is TN we're talking of here, they won't pass up a chance to make some additional money from the DLC cut. glasses, new hair, eyepatches, tans, tan lines, piercings, etc. are all possible 'fetish' mediums they can use to cash out like they did with the costumes. I honestly would pay for the whole community to have these additional options if I could, there's just so many possibilities they haven't yet touched.

P2p1mbs

What makes you say that? Tom lee did hint at other things being sold as DLC, they just haven't discussed it yet. Plus this is TN we're talking of here, they won't pass up a chance to make some additional money from the DLC cut. glasses, new hair, eyepatches, tans, tan lines, piercings, etc. are all possible 'fetish' mediums they can use to cash out like they did with the costumes. I honestly would pay for the whole community to have these additional options if I could, there's just so many possibilities they haven't yet touched.

Those still amount to what are essentially costume customization. When it comes to dlc, that's the most they'll do from now on till 6 is announced, I highly doubt they'll go as far as adding new stages or costumes (though I wish to be proven wrong).

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor
Those still amount to what are essentially costume customization. When it comes to dlc, that's the most they'll do from now on till 6 is announced, I highly doubt they'll go as far as adding new stages or costumes (though I wish to be proven wrong).
I don't mean actual customization. The Next Gen exclusive character options menu lets you select hair and glasses and stuff, so eyepatches and stuff like that could go to the glasses section, and they could also just create another option to enable whatever they add. It won't be a big deal if a character doesn't have them, since they just lock out the option if they don't have anything say the glasses tab or something. DOA already technically has customization, but it's basically bare at the moment until they take advantage of it and add some new stuff.

YBNDM

I'm on DOA.
Counting one DLC more.
Staring into the list.
I don't like.

There is no excuse, TN.

This is where DOA ends

So beautiful... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD