Argentus

@Boogie's "Yaiba" Mila
halloween_mila_FSD.jpg

@Candy Dragon's "Survivor" Hitomi
hitomi-survivor-by-scott-meynell-jpg.11424

@Argentus
Cool. I really like those

synce

Well it doesn't say they won't come to old platforms, it just says that they will come to the new...

Honestly though, it would probably be better for the game overall if the playerbase was 'encouraged' to shift to the newer platforms, at the moment there's fragmentation which doesn't help anyone at all.

Really I think the only reason it's not coming to last gen is because they lifted it from DOAX3, so the last gen consoles probably can't handle it

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Really I think the only reason it's not coming to last gen is because they lifted it from DOAX3, so the last gen consoles probably can't handle it

Lol, no way. DOAX3 seems to be really, really early in development. If it is even in development already... But that is only a hunch I have.
But you can't just port a sports stage as a fighting stage from one game to the other. Both games' stages need completely different layouts, sizes and mechanics. Game design isn't that easy. XD There is a reason, why we didn't see actual DOAX1 and DOAX2 stages in neither DOA2U or DOA5. They were all completely new designs, just with the Zack's Island aesthetic.
Last but not least, if this is really what DOAX3 is going to look like, then...wtf happened to the artists of Team Ninja and the power of PS4?! o . O It would look way worse than DOAX2's stages looked. They were gorgeous and near to photorealism on Xbox360.

This however looks like what it actually is...

DOA5-1.jpg

...a DOA5 stage (with slightly better textures maybe, but we will see about that).

Jadeinchains

Lol, no way. DOAX3 seems to be really, really early in development. If it is even in development already... But that is only a hunch I have.
But you can't just port a sports stage as a fighting stage from one game to the other. Both games' stages need completely different layouts, sizes and mechanics. Game design isn't that easy. XD There is a reason, why we didn't see actual DOAX1 and DOAX2 stages in neither DOA2U or DOA5. They were all completely new designs, just with the Zack's Island aesthetic.
Last but not least, if this is really what DOAX3 is going to look like, then...wtf happened to the artists of Team Ninja and the power of PS4?! o . O It would look way worse than DOAX2's stages looked. They were gorgeous and near to photorealism on Xbox360.

DOA5-1.jpg

...a DOA5 stage (with slightly better textures maybe, but we will see about that).
The more I look at the statue the more It looks like a direct rip from a ps1 game.

synce

I've never seen the hi-res version, that does look pretty bad. I still think it's from DOAX3 though. DOA5's stages look worse than DOA3's, and that game was also a generation behind

You know where all the polygons are going :p

SoftCabbage

I've never seen the hi-res version, that does look pretty bad. I still think it's from DOAX3 though. DOA5's stages look worse than DOA3's, and that game was also a generation behind

You know where all the polygons are going :p

To da sweaty bewbz?

They should consider just using UE4 for making DOAX3. An open world island with multiplayer minigames would be pretty much the easiest thing you could make in UE4. It's already got VR support and they can release on any platform by not much more than pressing a button.

RetroMe91

Is Marie Rose's redbull costume going to be free and apart of an update? I read the costume catalog and it said make sure you download the update to use it.

Kronin

Is Marie Rose's redbull costume going to be free and apart of an update? I read the costume catalog and it said make sure you download the update to use it.

Few days ago the PSN EU blog reported the outfit to be released during that week as a free DLC: later the entry was removed, I suppose because the date was wrong (hardly they would have released that outfit before its exclusivity to the DoA Festival).

I believe that in the close future it should be released on PSN for free just like mentioned before.

Zeo

Call me ungrateful but... that stage honestly looks like a missed opportunity and chance to get DOA3 Sunset Beach back.

Screw Zack Island. It has no atmosphere. Sunset beach is one of the most immersive stages in DOA's catalog along with Aerial Gardens.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Call me ungrateful but... that stage honestly looks like a missed opportunity and chance to get DOA3 Sunset Beach back.

Screw Zack Island. It has no atmosphere. Sunset beach is one of the most immersive stages in DOA's catalog along with Aerial Gardens.
Amen!
giphy.gif

Kronin

I would wait to see at least the stage and give a chance to it before of a final judgement.

Also it's not fair to compare Zack Island (if you meant the vanilla added stage) with the Sunset version of DoA3: a beach on the light of the day (as happened for DoA3, DoA2U or the DoA4) is meant to give a completely different atmosphere compared to a particular setting of the day as can be sunset (or twilight). In the first case usually is the idea of a tropical setting for a stage, in the second something that want communicate even a peculiar feeling.

Zack island want just give the idea to be on a beautiful beach of a tropical island for the tourism (and imo make it very well), now we will see with his fireworks, different light of the day and reflections, different background and market stalls (the same of the DoAX series) what want transmits the "Fireworks" stage.

On a sidenote, personally I think that the most anonymous setting for a DoA beach stage (even if anyway an original version compared to his "competitors" because composed only of islets in the middle of the sea) is the DoA2U version of it.

HHH816

i want to see if TN can put the reflection of the fireworks to the characters and on the sea water, it would be challenging to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD