Status
Not open for further replies.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'd be fine with Ein getting ridiculously slutty costumes if other characters got them as well... But they don't Rig gets a police uniform here and there but he doesn't get full on slut like Ein gets.

They're intentionally singling out Ein

SoftCabbage

Ein is Hitomi's fuckboy. TN wants to hint you all that.

You see. Do you think Hitomi would just leave a hot amnesia guy like Ein alone? Of course she wouldn't. Especially when her friend lei Fang is all 24/7 horny towards Jay El.

Zero Beat

Okay, deleted and reinstalled the costumes and the catalog, and can't use costumes for the following characters: Alpha-152, Helena, Kokoro, Bayman, Christie, Rig, Jann Lee, Zack, Sarah, Leifang, Hitomi, Phase 4, Marie Rose, Jacky, Ein, Leon, and Honoka. Missing half of them, in other words. I'm on Xbox One, so I don't think this affects the PS4.

SoftCabbage

Okay, deleted and reinstalled the costumes and the catalog, and can't use costumes for the following characters: Alpha-152, Helena, Kokoro, Bayman, Christie, Rig, Jann Lee, Zack, Sarah, Leifang, Hitomi, Phase 4, Marie Rose, Jacky, Ein, Leon, and Honoka. Missing half of them, in other words. I'm on Xbox One, so I don't think this affects the PS4.

You should see how my newly bought out of the box ps4 was struggling back then downloading and installing the dlc. It's too many and messy.

Contact Microsoft support maybe?

Zero Beat

You should see how my newly bought out of the box ps4 was struggling back then downloading and installing the dlc. It's too many and messy.

Contact Microsoft support maybe?
Yeah, probably. The weirdest part is that those 17 costumes don't even show up in character select, so they're not even locked. It's like they weren't part of the costume catalog.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah, probably. The weirdest part is that those 17 costumes don't even show up in character select, so they're not even locked. It's like they weren't part of the costume catalog.

The catalogue is split in two this time. You have to download both. ;)

Zero Beat

I'm too tired to tell if you're being serious or joking. Either way, I'll check.

Edit: Hey, you were serious. Okay, that explains it. Wasn't included in the automatic downloads with the season pass for some reason.

UpSideDownGRUNT

KwonJigglypuff

They have all of the drawings side-by-side with the in-game costumes on the facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/deadoralivegame/posts/743698889067532

Now I see what they were going for with Hayate and Hayabusa.

Wild Man Ein actually would've worked a lot better had TN actually included the scars from fighting tigers and stuff. It doesn't look like he has them from the in-game image. Ah, well.

Yeah true, the scars would have been nice. And some details too.

Just ideas:
1444747644-12122393-743697759067645-5563576709551003239-n.jpg

Last edited:

Super Gotenks

psn store is so slow to update.
Yeah, the US one is. Other regions had these up last night. :( Hell, they were up on the US Xbox store last night also. SCEA needs to be faster with stuff like this. Most of the day will have gone by before they even update.

Edit: Dude I know just got Dragon Quest Heroes and he can't even redeem the DLC cause it's not on the US store yet.

KwonJigglypuff

Yeah, the US one is. Other regions had these up last night. :( Hell, they were up on the US Xbox store last night also. SCEA needs to be faster with stuff like this. Most of the day will have gone by before they even update.

Edit: Dude I know just got Dragon Quest Heroes and he can't even redeem the DLC cause it's not on the US store yet.

Well that's weird. It's the first time European PSN updates on a monday night. oO
Usually they do it 24h later (it means we should have had it in 12 hours). I was really surprised yesterday.

my god are you kidding me wtf . that's why when my manager asked me what days you want off this week? at first I said Tuesday cuz I want the dlc but then I was like nah fuck that I'll take Wednesday off cuz I know that's when it'll actually release -_-

Xhominid The Demon Within

Yeah, I'm late to the party.

Ein is not wearing fishnets, guys. You got what you wanted. ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!??
kappa

I do like quite of few of the outfits at face-value (without taking into account textures or clipping or something). And I can kind of see why Ein fans would be kind of angry with what we ended up with. But, I would much rather have dumb, jarring sexualization coming from all sides, than having that only be the women's domain. And since the train likely isn't gonna stop on the female front (*cough* wtf Leifang *cough*), equilibrium must be obtained somehow. lol

With that being said, Ein totally should've gotten some of his other past outfits. Disco Duck, denim jacket, sports jacket, trenchcoat... There are a lot of past outfits that should've gotten in at this point before doing these weird collaborations.

I legitimately like Zack, Jacky, Raidou, Lisa, Ayane's, and Leon's outfits. I'm not 100% sure what Hayate and Hayabusa are supposed to be. Bayman's is wtf. Christie's is also kind of wtf because it doesn't seem like something she would actually wear, even for Halloween. Leifang's is...trying too hard. I can dig Nyotengu's because of the wing change. The other outfits range from meh to kind of decent.

...Still not buying any of them. DLC for this game has gotten ridiculous. And I'm not 100% sure of the direction TN is going in in general. I'd just be being an enabler.

I feel like there had to have been some way to not end up with like 4 pirate outfits and 2 Mad Hatters. And I also want to slightly give backup to the point that maybe it wasn't the best thing to allow multiple designs by the same artists unless there was literally no other way around it. I'd find it hard to believe that out of that 1800, nobody else's would have been up to par. It just seems like a surefire way to unneededly piss people off.

Dude, that would be weird as fuck. I think I'd want it just to see the reaction...

Well the jarring sexualization is of course...only jarring when it's basically stuff that honestly makes no sense whatsoever as a Halloween costume(again as you pointed out Lei-Fang's and Ein's).
I wouldn't want the guy's to get jarring sexualization costumes since honestly, it seems to only really be the Halloween costumes in which that's the case since most of the costumes, while having sexual elements, don't really get THAT ridiculous.
Funny enough, I'm still more convinced that Dead or Alive is turning into a costume gallery even for it's women than the soft-core ecchi paradise people seem to be so afraid to say it's becoming...)

WisperG

I wish that Team Ninja would do another non Halloween Contest soon.

I don't think they even need to do another contest anytime soon. Between all 3 contests they received at least 2500 entries and they've barely used 100. They're set for years on costume ideas. They should just use the mountains of designs they already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD