Status
Not open for further replies.

HHH816

I'd say if the season pass 4 + costume doesn't sell well, TN might push Doa 6 a bit earlier. So the fate of Doa series in our hand.

SoftCabbage

When Season Pass 4 is released, Hayashi should write a book.

"Yosuke Hayashi - Rich DLC Poor DLC"

His most inspirational part of the book would be:

"I'm a gamer. I see two kinds of DLC: Rich DLC and Poor DLC. When I looked at Rich DLC, it told me to create an expansion worth as equal or more than the price tag and players will respect you, love you, and spread the word about you; they will be your promising fanbase in the future who would always support you. Then I looked at Poor DLC, it told me a message that blew my mind. Poor DLC told me that people are dumb. It suggested me to make something small, easier to produce, and sell it. "You will realize the content and the price don't make any sense, but people will still buy it in the end." So I took Poor DLC's advice and it was proven to be right. I'm rich, I'm successful, all thanks to Poor DLC's advice."

P2p1mbs

I want to say I'm surprised that they keep supporting this game after 4 years but I still actively play almost every week so its clear that TN keeps releasing dlc for people like me who don't get tired of the game. I wouldn't mind if they stopped releasing dlcs and am totally ok if they keep doing so for another year. Its not like I buy every pack/pass they put out anyways.

SoftCabbage

Supporting for 4 years is one thing. Secondly, fighting game is timeless.

And also, to have 95% of 4 years only to be used for release costume DLC is pure insanity. They could have actually extending the game with new modes, new short stories, new stages optimized for both tag and solo, new attack moves, etc.

Chapstick

Supporting for 4 years is one thing. Secondly, fighting game is timeless.

And also, to have 95% of 4 years only to be used for release costume DLC is pure insanity. They could have actually extending the game with new modes, new short stories, new stages optimized for both tag and solo, new attack moves, etc.
They've done all those except adding to the story during 5's lifetime

HHH816

i get it why they don't add new story because it doesn't make no sense to add to supposedly dotted timeline story.

why don't they copy SF story mode. make individual timeline for new character without disturbing the main storyline

P2p1mbs

i get it why they don't add new story because it doesn't make no sense to add to supposedly dotted timeline story.

why don't they copy SF story mode. make individual timeline for new character without disturbing the main storyline

I hope for 6, the still keep the current chapter based story mode for some characters (mainly the main 4 ninjas as usual) but reintroduce the old story mode from previous games where playing thru arcade mode gives the occasional cutscene per character to tell their own story but done in such a way that we have a cannonical outcome to each fight and have a special CG ending for each.That way, new characters added in as dlc (which is inevitable) gets their stories explained without getting in the way of the main story.

HHH816

I hope for 6, the still keep the current chapter based story mode for some characters (mainly the main 4 ninjas as usual) but reintroduce the old story mode from previous games where playing thru arcade mode gives the occasional cutscene per character to tell their own story but done in such a way that we have a cannonical outcome to each fight and have a special CG ending for each.That way, new characters added in as dlc (which is inevitable) gets their stories explained without getting in the way of the main story.

i get what you mean but what happens if you choose one of the four ninja in the arcade mode. does it make the story more confusing at it is. i'd rather stick to the 5 story mode , just make it longer for added characters.

for arcade and online , i agreed for intro and cannonical outcome to each fight for characters who knew each other in the new story mode. for example kasumi & ayane.

P2p1mbs

I never said they never did what I wrote. My point was that they should have focused on developing that and beyond, rather than putting costumes as their primary idea of add-on.

New modes, characters and stages obviously take more resources to develop (likely due to balance issues) as compared to new costumes which they can release on a regular schedule. That's clearly why costumes are what they keep releasing. Besides, they're probably saving new gameplay features for 6.

Chapstick

I never said they never did what I wrote. My point was that they should have focused on developing that and beyond, rather than putting costumes as their primary idea of add-on.
Based on your wording that's the impression I got.

They've added quite a bit of content between vanilla and LR, I think the hundreds of dlc outfits overshadow that for some people.

Jadeinchains

I think DOA6 needs a chapter story and an arcade story to get to know the characters. It would help people who are new to DOA to understand the story.

Yeah I'm hoping for this.

A chapter story focusing on the more serious aspects of the story like Kasumi and Ryu etc trying to stop Donovan and fighting Christie etc.

And an arcade mode with an ending for every character so that random characters like Marie who might otherwise just be standing behind Helena the whole time can get story time as well.

Even if they somehow made it that every character got a chapter in story mode regardless of how relevant they are I still think there should be individual arcade endings. So that when a dlc character comes out they won't have a chapter in story mode but can at least have an arcade ending to give some info on them.

Dark-truth

Yeah I'm hoping for this.

A chapter story focusing on the more serious aspects of the story like Kasumi and Ryu etc trying to stop Donovan and fighting Christie etc.

And an arcade mode with an ending for every character so that random characters like Marie who might otherwise just be standing behind Helena the whole time can get story time as well.

Even if they somehow made it that every character got a chapter in story mode regardless of how relevant they are I still think there should be individual arcade endings. So that when a dlc character comes out they won't have a chapter in story mode but can at least have an arcade ending to give some info on them.
That would be so much better.

Jadeinchains

That would likely result in her killing someone. So long as that someone is either Jann (the bastard) or Marie I'm totally fine with that. It would certainly make her a more credible villain.

I'm liking that post for Jahn getting killed. Marie is untouchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD