Status
Not open for further replies.

HHH816

View attachment 21183 Questions:
-When submitting a design of it, do u have to add your name to the image to show proof it is yours?
-Is it okay to use stock photos from search engines

I redid my Sarah's Cowgirl design using stock photos. It's a little crude if that's the right word but it's a lot better to imagine the idea than the drawing I did for last year. I will upload it to here as soon as i can figure out how without using URL.

EDIT: Here's my design (above)

i use that kind of method and got rejected

Banana56

I have an awesome costume idea for Naotora but don't know how to draw.

Can someone please PM me and draw it please? I'll let you gave the credit for it.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Some stuff for Hitomi (@UpSideDownGRUNT )
Source: https://twitter.com/joao134668909/status/721122208232435718

CgHwys4W8AAyOBF.jpg

CgHwwMJW8AQhM1q.jpg
neither are really to my taste. My favourite Hitomi submission was the Yaiba Hitomi last year.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
View attachment 21183 Questions:
-When submitting a design of it, do u have to add your name to the image to show proof it is yours?
-Is it okay to use stock photos from search engines

I redid my Sarah's Cowgirl design using stock photos. It's a little crude if that's the right word but it's a lot better to imagine the idea than the drawing I did for last year. I will upload it to here as soon as i can figure out how without using URL.

EDIT: Here's my design (above)

Regarding your questions:

- You should add a name but it can of course be an alias/nickname and maybe a website or email address where they can reach you in case you won.

- Using stock photos of existing fashion is actually illegal in several ways and it could bring you as well as TN in big trouble. Stock photos are usually not free for commercial reuse, which this definitely is. Also, taking unaltered designs from fashion brands is nothing else but stealing their design and reselling it.

In the past Team Ninja never decided to use submissions made from a collage of photos even if they were popular, like once in case of a Rig costume in the very first costume contest. Even if you are not the most experienced in drawing they will always appreciate your effort. Lots of costumes made it into the game in the past that weren't perfectly drawn. It's more the idea (and boobs. XD) that counts to Team Ninja. :)

David Gregg

Was reading through the rules and noticed this

The design may be used for a different character than the original author intended to or for other characters in different titles.

....huh.

Interesting...wonder if they're only talking about Xtreme 3...

Sonicfan11589

Regarding your questions:

- You should add a name but it can of course be an alias/nickname and maybe a website or email address where they can reach you in case you won.

- Using stock photos of existing fashion is actually illegal in several ways and it could bring you as well as TN in big trouble. Stock photos are usually not free for commercial reuse, which this definitely is. Also, taking unaltered designs from fashion brands is nothing else but stealing their design and reselling it.

In the past Team Ninja never decided to use submissions made from a collage of photos even if they were popular, like once in case of a Rig costume in the very first costume contest. Even if you are not the most experienced in drawing they will always appreciate your effort. Lots of costumes made it into the game in the past that weren't perfectly drawn. It's more the idea (and boobs. XD) that counts to Team Ninja. :)
ok thanks for the response, i appreciate it, i think i will not enter this time.

Squizzo

I don't really like the Kasumi one, it's doesn't seem tasteful to me.
It's doa. When was it ever tasteful?

Um... what is Kasumi wearing? It doesn't make any sense... the design is cool though.
I was going for a design similar to Rachel's NG outfit. I know it doesn't make much sense but neither do a lot of outfits and nobody ever complained about the lack of sense that Rachel's NG outfit makes. People actually begged to have it added to the game.
maxresdefault.jpg

Um... what is Kasumi wearing? It doesn't make any sense... the design is cool though.

I'm gonna go with body paint.

There is a key on the drawing that says what it's made of. It's no mystery.

Anyway here are my entries this year.
Halloween.jpg

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I haven't entered any other contest after the second one. I wonder if I should give this a try again. It's from over two years ago. XD

marie_rose_doa_halloween_costume_by_tyaren-d7pbqwy.jpg

Additionally I am thinking about a partner look for Christie and Bayman or Hitomi and Ein... But I'm still in the planning phase...

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Rachel's Fiend costume is based on her sister Alma, it actually DOES make sense to an extent. Making Kasumi wear straps that is almost as revealing as the Fortune does not, in any case, it doesn't even make sense for Phase 4.

Also, "it's DOA, when was it ever tasteful?" That's a pretty lame excuse... Are forgetting the tons of costumes in the game that are normal clothes or fighting garbs? What about all the costumes that aren't even bikinis or sexualised at all?

Squizzo

Rachel's Fiend costume is based on her sister Alma, it actually DOES make sense to an extent. Making Kasumi wear straps that is almost as revealing as the Fortune does not, in any case, it doesn't even make sense for Phase 4.

Also, "it's DOA, when was it ever tasteful?" That's a pretty lame excuse... Are forgetting the tons of costumes in the game that are normal clothes or fighting garbs? What about all the costumes that aren't even bikinis or sexualised at all?

I don't see how it being based on her sister suddenly makes it make more sense. And yeah, there are a ton of sensible outfits. But this is the Halloween contest. If I can't design something something a bit over the top for Halloween when the fuck can I?

But I just shouldn't even bother trying in future, should I? Because all I ever get on this forum if fucking negativity.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
But I just shouldn't even bother trying in future, should I? Because all I ever get on this forum if fucking negativity.

Just do your thing! :)
May I give you one suggestion for your Dark Kasumi? How about changing the arrow on her crotch for something else. I think intricate patterns just covering up certain body parts, like Helena's and Lisa's Greek Godess costumes, can actually really look beautiful and tasteful.

tumblr_nkgqsejYTO1u5sqfvo1_500.jpg

But that arrow ruins it and makes the design look cheap. :/

Cadaveri

Hey, I said most characters. Sarah, Momiji, Mila are probably among the worst for girls. Ein by a landslide for the guys. Busa's not far behind, the Mummy costume was abysmal, but at least they kinda tried with the oni costume.

I'm gonna go with body paint.

Oh, I resubmitted my design cause why not.

aHLT4Tw.jpg

That'd be a really awesome costume for Ein, but as its TN calling the shots.. we'll get another fishnet costume instead -.-

Squizzo

Just do your thing! :)
May I give you one suggestion for your Dark Kasumi? How about changing the arrow on her crotch for something else. I think intricate patterns just covering up certain body parts, like Helena's and Lisa's Greek Godess costumes, can actually really look beautiful and tasteful.

But that arrow ruins it and makes the design look cheap. :/

Thanks. I would have actually gone with a more intricate design but I'm no artist or designer. I did the best I could.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Thanks. I would have actually gone with a more intricate design but I'm no artist or designer. I did the best I could.

I think the rest of the pattern is actually okay. (It looks as if the pattern leaves out the nipples though. ;) ) It's the crotch arrow that really looks off and that draws the attention to only that region of her body. Also because the arrow is darker and thicker than the rest of the pattern.
Another tip, if I may. If you want the viewers eyes to wander on her body pattern don't also give the jacket an intricate pattern. That makes the costume too busy. In fashion you would normally also combine something intricate and busy with something plain and understated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD