Do you think there should be good game taunts and taunt taunts?

WebHead

I seen a ryu do the bow down thing and I thought it looked ridiculous because the player is trying to taunt taunt but ryu is showing samurai spirit...

Then I thought it would be cool if there were GG taunts.

Imagine if Hitomi had a taunt that said "good match, youre strong!!!"

and little baby lei lei saying "great match that was fun!"

I thought it would look better than the opponents just standing there unrealistically.

*Hitomi voice* yeeeeaAHHHHHH!!!!!!

dawnbringer

If some characters have like 6 taunts, why not have a respect action? It's cool when there is one.

Guilty Gear XX games have Respect action for every character. Unlike a taunt its animation can be cancelled.

Ghosty-J

There has to be a Respect option in every fighting game if they're gonna implement a taunt so the super sensitive people (like myself) don't burst out in tears over a gesture that may have been done by accident : P

synce

I would love it if I could replace the taunt macro with one that's actually useful

Brute

Standard Donor
That would actually be pretty awesome. It's too bad in English Troy Baker goes batshit insane with his "Enough!" during the bow, turning into yet another taunt (in Japanese he says "Gomen" or something like that, which I think means "sorry," but I don't speak Japanese).

But yeah, it would save me the hassle of opening the console PM system and sending "gg" if I could just input a "taunt" command. Plus, it'd look cool.

shunwong

Doesnt Eliot have something like that when he says good fight or something like that? Maybe its not a taunt I dont remember right now.

Ghosty-J

Doesnt Eliot have something like that when he says good fight or something like that? Maybe its not a taunt I dont remember right now.

"Please fight!"
"Quit fooling around!"
"HHHHHHHHRRRRRNNNNNNGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Yeah, not really respect-worthy.

HiguraShiki

They should also allow the characters to hug each other if they both input certain commands. Or even do fist pounds. Hell, there should be an extra input after you defeat your opponent where you can extend your hand, boost them back up, and they gain an extra 25% HP. It will be called "Good sportsmanships"

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD