DoA 5 Gen Fu topic.

MagnusCore

Dude I was using some of those Senpu resets today against a friend. Sick tech!

YES! That makes me so happy to hear. Keep blowing people up! :)

Thanks a lot for this man!

Looking forward to other character pages (ejem, Pai, Elliot and Kokoro please, ahem LOL)

I actually haven't decided who to do next yet. All of those characters interest me, but I think I should do either Rig or Mila next since they are the newbies and people probably need good info on them pretty badly. We shall see!

MagnusCore

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

I'm so glad you guys are enjoying.

was that you in gamefaqs who told me about that wiki page? At any rate, thanks man I main as Gen Fu, this was really helpful.

Nope, wasn't me. Glad to hear people on other boards have noticed it though. I'm going to do Mila next I think since she's new. Please let me know if you guys find any of the stuff I put in the wiki to be inaccurate so I can fix it. Thanks again so much for reading and for the positive feedback.

Dallas1088

Forgive me, (I've given up this game but have still played it since the first one) but shouldn't the new sidestepping mechanic be taken into consideration when facing Gen Fu in DOA5? Much like Lei Fang, Gen Fu seems pretty linear. You shouldn't be able to just through out his 6P without worrying about getting sidestepped, I would think.

KidArk

Forgive me, (I've given up this game but have still played it since the first one) but shouldn't the new sidestepping mechanic be taken into consideration when facing Gen Fu in DOA5? Much like Lei Fang, Gen Fu seems pretty linear. You shouldn't be able to just through out his 6P without worrying about getting sidestepped, I would think.

Yes you can sidestep a lot of Gen's moves also mid parry works really well as a lot of his moves are mid punches / kicks ; however if I as a gen player catch you sidestepping his 9P is a tracking stun also his 9K tracking back turn stun into the senpu reset that Magnus spoke of earlier can also give gen a new way to play. The fact that gen can also delay 90% if his moves , i say 90% because he really has only 70 ish moves and i really only rely on 20 if so many , the delay allows for you to see their stun coming and counter in suit , i usually use his H+K into the air grab reset or just 6PPP+K

shunwong

i usually use his H+K into the air grab reset or just 6PPP+K

The air grab reset is just perfect to throw the opponent off.

I prefer to use 6PPP (to slam the opponent on the ground and have him close for oki) instead of 6PPP+K (sending the opponent away).

KidArk

The air grab reset is just perfect to throw the opponent off.

I prefer to use 6PPP (to slam the opponent on the ground and have him close for oki) instead of 6PPP+K (sending the opponent away).

I feel unsafe when they're near me on wake up for some reason gen's parries never seem to work for me except for his low parry .

shunwong

I feel unsafe when they're near me on wake up for some reason gen's parries never seem to work for me except for his low parry .

I know. Fucking wake up kicks have too much stun if they hit. If I get the spacing right I can punish a whiffed wake up kick with 6P+K which causes a gut crumple (they can hold from...) and can lead to a combo. The problem is sometimes I don't get the spacing right and I'm the one who gets comboed. I really hate that wake up kicks are so good. I refuse to play keep away. I'd do better but I'd be a lot more bored. I don't have much time to play, I don't mess around. Also, I get enough runners I have to chase to even think about becoming a runner myself.

KidArk

I know. Fucking wake up kicks have too much stun if they hit. If I get the spacing right I can punish a whiffed wake up kick with 6P+K which causes a gut crumple (they can hold from...) and can lead to a combo. The problem is sometimes I don't get the spacing right and I'm the one who gets comboed. I really hate that wake up kicks are so good. I refuse to play keep away. I'd do better but I'd be a lot more bored. I don't have much time to play, I don't mess around. Also, I get enough runners I have to chase to even think about becoming a runner myself.

To be honest it may to one of Gen's most over looked tools but if you can get the timing and spacing down 214P the charge punch is an amazing move, I've knocked so many people out of wake up kicks with that move and it can sometimes work 2 ~ 3 times in a row and then to close in the gap I'd use it and the ensuing guard break lets me keep the pressure on a lot of characters thanks to his 10 frame jab which if all goes well just leaves me at neutral and back in their face without having to go through wake up kick stun into generic combo.

shunwong

How similar is Gen Fu's DOA4 frame data to his DOA5 frame data? I heard he was pretty much copied and pasted.

I have just printed his DOA4 frame data and I want to know if it's 90% the same or very different.

KidArk

Gen Fu doesn't have a low parry.
I'm sorry I'm not used to the DOA language in regards to holds which every character has being different from character specific parries such as those possessed by bayman and genfu, by his low parry I was slimply referring to his low hold 1H. Sorry for the confusion xD!

KidArk

This video must be really old , not to say sean y did bad or anything but I mean his constant fishing with h+k to launch kept. Me nervous because it could get punished . Also gen fu has a force tech sadly I did it once and now I have no clue how to do it again. If. Anyone wants to take genfu to the lab he has a kick that force techs help me find it !

shunwong

This video must be really old , not to say sean y did bad or anything but I mean his constant fishing with h+k to launch kept. Me nervous because it could get punished . Also gen fu has a force tech sadly I did it once and now I have no clue how to do it again. If. Anyone wants to take genfu to the lab he has a kick that force techs help me find it !

The constant H+K made me nervous too LOL. But I think if you watch both sets from beginning to end you can see Smithy has a very good understanding of the tools Gen Fu has and how to use them.

About the force tech kick. Is it 2H+K? 1K?

PS: The vids are from one month ago. I hadn't seen them before.

KidArk

Ugh I thinnkkkk I found the kick already and it's 2k my friend must have teched instinctively each time I did it to him xD? Only because this chick I'm beating up (Eliot) won't force tech. Beast natural combo 4P, 6PP into free crit burst one guess?I smell nerf it's faster than helena.. like her entire movelist gets raped it unless I read her wrong.

Ugh I thinnkkkk I found the kick already and it's 2k my friend must have teched instinctively each time I did it to him xD? Only because this chick I'm beating up (Eliot) won't force tech. Beast natural combo 4P, 6PP into free crit burst one guess?I smell nerf it's faster than helena.. like her entire movelist gets raped it unless I read her wrong.
Is 4P, 6PP really a one guess combo, though? Once you perform 4P, 6P, you're committed to a single string-ender. Which makes it a reaction and not so much of a guess. The final hit doesn't cause an unholdable stun, either. So truthfully, you can deny the critical burst attack by doing a mid punch hold.

KidArk

Is 4P, 6PP really a one guess combo, though? Once you perform 4P, 6P, you're committed to a single string-ender. Which makes it a reaction and not so much of a guess. The final hit doesn't cause an unholdable stun, either. So truthfully, you can deny the critical burst attack by doing a mid punch hold.
Honestly the computer. Was set to hold mid punch hold but it never did it, I figured out it wasn't unholdable after testing on myself but I forgot that I had reflexively post thinking I found new tech sorry guys!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD