Doa 5 Girl Community...

MaxwellMouse

Doh! Its on the 360.:(
This is off topic but it sucks when something like that happens. We already have a niche whiten a niche community here. Sucks when we are further separated by something silly like what system we own. I wish we could all play one another regardless of console. But for obvious reason that is doubtful.

CrimsonCJ

Oooh, an exclusionist club! Can't wait for the DOA homosexual community or the DOA amputee community to roll around.

As far as DOA goes, this has gotta be a practical necessity. The aesthetic is not exactly welcoming, both amongst a lot of the players and the game itself.

I'll be telling any female players I know about this.

Yaguar

Sweeping statement time:
As a child "boys only" was considered childish but as we get older "women only" seems to shift to being acceptable. I find this type of sexual separatism really odd, because really there is no difference whether you're a male or a female here.

In a none sweeping view though I can imagine why women would want to separate themselves from males in gaming, sexual harassment being a key feature (and no, the above statement is an observation and not derogatory of your sex so please do not jump to that conclusion).

Honestly though the FGC tends (not entirely though) to be a bit more mature and is used to being of mixed race and sex. Just in this genre I feel the efforts to escape may hamper your enjoyment of the game. /shrug

Enjoy /thumbsup

franman

I don't see the need for creating a forums just for only girls to join in.

Sure it's good to have more females playing in fact I like to see more females make a stand that they are as tough as the boys when it comes to gaming but forums such as this is for all players who are already fans of DOA or those who have interest in learning DOA regardless of gender though there are other DOA forums it's already enough.

I don't see this forum targeting only males nor any other forums though it seems the majority of players are males. When I see a site for girls only to me it's damn man why can't the men have their forums for only men.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I think they're just more comfortable being with other girls in a male dominated community.

I wouldn't say this is anything remotely resembling a male dominated community. If we start throwing casuals + other DOA sites like DOAW into the mix, its basically dead even.

If we were talking about the core FGC spread across all fighting games then yes, you would be largely correct.

Since DOA 5 launched I've added about 10 females to my XBL friends list and two to my PSN. Not because I was trying to, the requests just come in. There's a ton of women who play the game.

MasterHavik

I wouldn't say this is anything remotely resembling a male dominated community. If we start throwing casuals + other DOA sites like DOAW into the mix, its basically dead even.

If we were talking about the core FGC spread across all fighting games then yes, you would be largely correct.

Since DOA 5 launched I've added about 10 females to my XBL friends list and two to my PSN. Not because I was trying to, the requests just come in. There's a ton of women who play the game.
who knew chicks dig a bayman player.

Paulina

I don't see this forum targeting only males nor any other forums though it seems the majority of players are males.
I would have to disagree; while I can't speak for the entire DOA community, FSD has a pretty masculine, no-nonsense vibe. I made a thread awhile back about a romantic pairing, and the general reaction was pretty derisive. The most "positive" response was something like "This is technically allowed, but...WTF are you doing?"

Ah, to be a fangirl.
Sweeping statement time:
As a child "boys only" was considered childish but as we get older "women only" seems to shift to being acceptable. I find this type of sexual separatism really odd, because really there is no difference whether you're a male or a female here.
It really isn't some intense need, from a female pov. I don't think most of the women here need a female space. I would imagine a female-oriented DOA forum would be a lot like the TwoXChromosomes subreddit. While it's geared toward a female audience and things women are frequently into *cough character pairings*, men aren't excluded, and there are several resident dudes who hang around and chime in with a guy's perspective.

It's worth mentioning that subreddit is one of the most nonjudgmental and harmonious online communities I've come across. Great idea, Mistresses of Doa5. =)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD