DOA 5 Last Round NOW supports fightsticks for Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone else had this problem I'm trying the Core fighters from the Hong Kong store and once you get to the title screen where it says press any button you can't do anything unless you use a game pad. Also once in the menus on the controler option the fightstick is not recognized. You can launch the game from the dashboard fine, confim that you want to use the trial but once you hit the main menu no dice. Very disappointing and I hope this is fixed.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I can test my TE2 when I get home. That's an odd omission and would be doubly troubling if it affects both current gen SKUs.

Yeah I hope it's addressed in the day one patch. CyberEvil by all means let me know if it's the same for you as I have the same fightstick. Maybe we can get team ninja to address it if it is a wide spread problem. I'm going to download core fighters for my ps4 tomorrow and try my Hori on that.

Last edited:

d3v

I was able to use the GGXrd MadCatz stick on a PS4 press kit perfectly fine.
Figures. The PS4 seems less finicky with peripherals and drivers (especially with what I've heard about Microsofts strict guidelines for the TE2).

So just finished downloading the full copy of DOA 5 Last Round and the Madcatz TE2 fightstick for Xbox One does NOT work. Not sure if it's an madcatz issue, Xbox One issue or (more likely) a Team Ninja issue but this needs to be reported and fixed ASAP considering many people with fightsticks for Xbox One will be extremely disappointed that their $200.00 fightstick is worthless for a fighting game.

d3v

It seems to be due to the asinine way Microsoft made the XBox One handle peripherals. Unlike the PS4, where as long as something has the security chip and sends recognizable inputs, it'll work as a controller, the One seems to require the game to say that it recognizes the controller.

Well what ever the issue is it needs to be adjusted. Personally I think both the Xbox One and PS4's fightstick inputs have issues. My Hori fightstick for ps4 has no mic input just like me TE2 stick on the Xbox One but while I can have an extra controller plugged in on my Xbox One and use its mic, there is no way to do this on ps4 unless you buy the wireless headset (99.99).
Both should have handled fightsticks much better IMO.

PacManila

Well what ever the issue is it needs to be adjusted. Personally I think both the Xbox One and PS4's fightstick inputs have issues. My Hori fightstick for ps4 has no mic input just like me TE2 stick on the Xbox One but while I can have an extra controller plugged in on my Xbox One and use its mic, there is no way to do this on ps4 unless you buy the wireless headset (99.99).
Both should have handled fightsticks much better IMO.

I assume you can still use USB headsets for the PS4 along with the fightstick, correct? I really don't want to buy a near $100 headset because my stick doesn't have a mic jack. I planned to get a better mic regardless, but not near that price range

I assume you can still use USB headsets for the PS4 along with the fightstick, correct? I really don't want to buy a near $100 headset because my stick doesn't have a mic jack. I planned to get a better mic regardless, but not near that price range

I assume so the wireless one uses a USB adapter so that makes sense that the regular USB one would work as well.

PacManila

Alright. Surprised about the situation wit XboxOne, especially since Hori put out a LR fightstick for it. Can anyone confirm if a stick works on LR for PS4?

d3v

Alright. Surprised about the situation wit XboxOne, especially since Hori put out a LR fightstick for it. Can anyone confirm if a stick works on LR for PS4?
Hori did not put out a stick for LR on the One. They only did for the PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD